• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP’s Cigars 201-2 Pass

I thnk that the 858 SG is a bit light for the Anejo 49 no?

The only price I could find online for 858 was $250/box (out of stock). That was the same price I found for a box of 49s according to Keystone Raiders thread here

Let me know if I am off on the price of the 858s though. I just have not seen them around much.

Thanks

I got a box of the newest release 858Sg for about $9 a stick. That was at my local here in NY with crazy tax!

edit to add: But what do I know?

I got a box of the newest release 858Sg for about $9 a stick. That was at my local here in NY with crazy tax!

MSRP on the 858's are around $5-6.

This is why MSRP is important.

Now, on rarity...they may be a little more rare than the 49...but the 49 is a bunch more $$$.

Would the Anejo 50 work or the 55 for that matter. There are two 55s in the pass. I'll do what ever you think Greg.

Thanks

Alright Greg,

After digging around here is what I have come up with. With the search function down, finding the prices with in this thread has been tough!!

Puts.................................Takes..
Padron 1926 #2............Davidoff Mill Corona Maduro
Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduro...................Opus #2
8-5-8 Sungrown Recent Release.................Anejo 49
God Of Fire Carlito 2005................................Casa Fuente Belicoso

I may be way off on these. The comparison shopper is missing prices on quite a few items. So what say ye?

The only one I'd say wouldn't work would be the Padron for Opus due to rarity. Anyone else have input?

The padron is worth less iirc by a few bucks. No2 msrp is somewhere around 13 bucks now.

Would the Anejo 50 work or the 55 for that matter. There are two 55s in the pass. I'll do what ever you think Greg.

Thanks

Let's just go with the 858 SG for the Anejo Dain, get this to a close. Sound aight?

Sounds great buddy, I will get these sent out tomorrow (Saturday)

Thanks for letting me play!!

Thanks

Let's just go with the 858 SG for the Anejo Dain, get this to a close. Sound aight?

Greg this is your pass and you can do what you want but do you really think that this trade is fair to the rest of us who tried to get our puts as close to or over the cost of our takes? Now you are going to let a $3-$4 underput slide just to wrap it up. I for one am disappointed.

Thanks

Greg this is your pass and you can do what you want but do you really think that this trade is fair to the rest of us who tried to get our puts as close to or over the cost of our takes? Now you are going to let a $3-$4 underput slide just to wrap it up. I for one am disappointed.

I searched both here and at one other site to see what the 858 SG were going for. I found prices anywhere from $8 to $11 in a few different sales, I'm thinking average price around $9.50. The Anejo 49 sold for $250 a box from recent sales here at CP, so $10 a stick. This was my train of thought on the 858/49 trade and the main reason I approved it.

Where is the mfg retail listed for the 858 sungrown. I still cant find it. This is the cigar with the black ribbon on the foot correct?

MSRP on the 858's are around $5-6.

This is why MSRP is important.

Now, on rarity...they may be a little more rare than the 49...but the 49 is a bunch more $$$.

This

As always, I very much encourage everyone to challenge any trades, it is a learning pass by the way and this is a large part the intent along with allowing folks to try something new as well as to just have a good time.

I understand there are differing opinions on determing trade value, but as the host I have to come up with specific rules that I believe are fair and reasonable in regards to determining value. I have ran a few passes thus far and have in every one of them used the same rule, which is to use average pricing, and I truly believe this is fair and reasonable in a pass. If it is possible to find a number of places where the cigar is being sold, then we use the average price of those sales. This is the rule. If there are no sales to be found, then we will use MSRP and go from there.

So again:

I searched both here and at one other site to see what the 858 SG were going for. I found prices anywhere from $8 to $11 in a few different sales, I'm thinking average price around $9.50. The Anejo 49 sold for $250 a box from recent sales here at CP, so $10 a stick. This was my train of thought on the 858/49 trade and the main reason I approved it.

I more than welcome finding where 858 SG have been sold for $5 to $6 per stick. If I can find this, then we'll include that as well in the average pricing.

Alright Greg,

After digging around here is what I have come up with. With the search function down, finding the prices with in this thread has been tough!!

Puts.................................Takes..
Padron 1926 #2............Davidoff Mill Corona Maduro
God Of Fire Carlito 2005................................Casa Fuente Belicoso

I may be way off on these. The comparison shopper is missing prices on quite a few items. So what say ye?

Greg, I updated my P/T. Thanks for all the hardwork during the pass!

DE

PM sent Greg.

If you're paying $9 a stick, is it due to the state tax or mark up?

As always, it's the hosts call.

Okay, looks like were all done here. Thanks Dain for hanging in there and finishing up the pass.

Thanks to everyone for another successful pass!

Great job, gents! And of course a big thanks to you, Greg!

Greg I just wanted to let you know that I havent mailed out my end yet. i am sorry for the delay and will get it in the mail ASAP!

Fun time all around Greg!

Thanks again for putting this together!