• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

cp book club

I finished the westies i actually read it through in one sitting. Having read boss of bosses prior it was awesome the way the two books tied together was incredible. If anyone is interestead in this genure this is a must read. the cigar a signature maduro was a nice compliment but i must admit i was so interestead in the book that the cigar was secondary.

The first part of this book took the time to connect the whole history of the irish mob in new york which went back to one of my favorite movies gangs of new york. the author took a lot of time and conneced a lot of dots that would have went unknown if he had not done it. This is a must read for true crime fanatics parts of it may turn your stomach a bit but it was awesome i read this book in about 4-5 hrs.

Ok whoever wants it speak up and send me a pm.

finished with the Mist

audio books are trippy cigar was great lasted longer than the CD
Pretty simple story strange mist comes to town things in mist kill people.
I cant wait for the mist on my net flicks now.

Ill leave it up until this weekend, then Ill send it back as requested.

DoubleD,

I'll jump on the Westies sounds like a great read. That is of course if it is still available. :cool:

PM Sent.

Thanks

ok greg will get it out to you next week send me your adress. I will post the stick later.

PM sent,

Will be sure to post a review on the book and stick once they arrive.

Thanks.

Greg I owe you an apology will get the book out this week. I have been slammed at work no excuse it will go out this week.

No worries, I figured as much. No rush at all.

I'll let you know when i get it and be sure to pass on something nice.

Dale,

Yes, Thank you very much the book and the cigars made it safe and sound. They arrived on Saturday. Sorry for the delay in getting this message up I have been out of the office and have not had any time to stop by the board. I plan on starting the book this weekend and should have it done within 5-10 days. i will post my thoughts upon its completion.

Thanks again.

Gregg

lets see if I can do this right.

The book is
Get In the Van
by Henry Rollins

256 Pages
This is a almost day by day account of Henry Rollins Journey with Black Flag. Most of the book is take from Henrys personal diary that he kept while on the road. You get to learn about Henrys utter distaste for Punk Rock fans, His trip to England where he slept on some random gilrs floor.
This is a story about how hard life on the road is, and it vital to any music historian.

anyway, that is my book

lets see if I can do this right.

The book is
Get In the Van
by Henry Rollins

256 Pages
This is a almost day by day account of Henry Rollins Journey with Black Flag. Most of the book is take from Henrys personal diary that he kept while on the road. You get to learn about Henrys utter distaste for Punk Rock fans, His trip to England where he slept on some random gilrs floor.
This is a story about how hard life on the road is, and it vital to any music historian.

anyway, that is my book

sounds good Ill read that

and now what will you smoke with it???

hmmm...
something old...(like Henry)

Little update on the westies, Plan to crack it open tonight and expect to have it done this weekend. Preliminary glance shows this to be a very interesting read, I will post my thoughts on hte book and the pairing a Gurkha Legen Perfecto, upon its completion.

Thanks for setting this up, should prove to be a nice weekend.

Well I finished the Westies Last week.

This is a great story that provides a lot of detail into the origin and creation of the Irish mob in NYC. They go into how and why the mob was established by the irish immigrants then they delve into the lineage of the boss's and transfer of power. It ends with the story of the last known boss of the west NYC irish mob, his underlings and the sotry of their rise and fall.

This is a great fast paced story that I am glad I had the opportunity to read. The cigar, a gurkha legend perfecto, was an apt choice given this particular crew's forte of cutting up their victims bodies into pieces then dumping them of the pier.

Great Book and a great cigar.

DD Thanks for turning me onto this one.

Not sure how this works do I pass this book with my own cigar choice or do I put up a favorite read of my own and send this back to DD?

Please let me know how to proceed.

-Gregg

Well I finished the Westies Last week.

Not sure how this works do I pass this book with my own cigar choice or do I put up a favorite read of my own and send this back to DD?

Please let me know how to proceed.

-Gregg

Frome what I understand . You put up a book of your own, and also hold onto that book. If some one wants either book send it off to them with a cigar of your choice. Someone corect me if im wrong.

Gotcha,

I will go through the book case tonight and pull out something I enjoyed. I must say though that the Westies was a great read.

gregor,

you got it! shoot me a pm and I will get a package in the mail for you tomorrow.

I read The Westies many years back. A great true crime book. Did you know...... "The 1996 movie Sleepers portrayed The Westies as "The West Side Boys". The two leaders of The West Side Boys, "Tommy 'Butter' Marcano" and "John O'Reilly", were based on two Westies that were close friends, Tommy "Butter" Moresco and Richie Ryan. In the movie’s epilogue, the murder of Tommy Marcano depicted Tommy Moresco's true life murder, and the character of John O’Reilly drank himself to death in a tenement basement, just like Richie Ryan did. "

didint know that shibumi gonna have to check that movie out. If anyone needs to get hold of me please im me have not been on much dealing with a health issue.