• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Fantasy Football 2003

I would love to join if you will have me Beast I know I've been gone a while but this would be a great way to get back in the swing of things :)

Team update:

Beast
Joe P
Allofus123
Hbooker
Leebo
SD_Stack
SamClemmons
ricmac25
sir-smokes-a-lot
ALostTexan
Emodx
lucasbuck
Muley
Snakeeyezzes
JoeInvest

That's 15...we have room for ONE MORE!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

Need some input here. A simple 1 or 2 will be all the input I really need. :p

There are 2 ways we can do the entry/prize cigars.

1) We can do it like last year and every team send 5 cigars of $7.00 or more in value. Were looking for things like Hemmingways, Don Carlos, PAM's, OPUS, ISOMS etc. Then the cigars will be divided up into prizes. The teams finishing 1-4 will get prizes.

-or-

2) Everyone can send me $35 dollars and I will order boxes of cigars and make the prize. If I do this it will only be ISOMS only. Doing it this way makes it so that everyone put in equal value. If we did it this way here is a scenario. This is based on 16 teams.

cab of 50 Bolivar pc's
box of RASS
box of Partigas Lusitanias

The prizes would be :
1st - 50 cigars
2nd - 30 cigars
3rd - 10 cigars
4th - 10 cigars

Let me know what you guys think. Beast and I will make the final decision. The entry fees will be finalized this week. Then everyone can start sending the fees to me. Remember you will not get an email inviting you to join the league until fees have been received.

I personally would rather do #2. Either way it will be 1 or 2. Once we finalize the entry fees, rules will be posted on how to pay, where to pay, when to pay by etc.

-Joe

I like option one...or just because I prefer larger rings, maybe a little bigger gars on option two. That's just my two cents. I'll go with the majority.

Thanks Guys,

Joe

PS Correct me on the ring thing, if I'm wrong. Also, is RASS = RAMON ALLONES SPECIALLY SELECTED? Thanks again. Also, I did notice that the Part and if I'm right on the Ramon's, are bigger rings...so maybe you can just ignore me. :D

Yup RASS = RAMON ALLONES SPECIALLY SELECTED

Ring gauge for RASS are 50
Ring guage for Lusi's is 48 or 49
Boli Pc's is 42

So half the cigars are a decent size ring guage.

IMO, number two is the fair and less complicated way to go.

I vote two.

Live draft could be a problem..but otherwise count the Hertown Yahoos in again this year.

Definatly Option 2. Since I have moved I don't have a whole lot of access to the types of stuff that are in option 1, and if I do it is by box only. Just what I would like to see

Thanks for having me
Snakeeyezzes

thanks Joe. With that said, I would like to change my vote to option #2!

Thanks again,

Joe

Another vote for option 2. Could we get a rundown of the rules that will be used in our league?

-Craig

Final Team Owner List

Beast
Joe P
Allofus123
Hbooker
Leebo
SD_Stack
SamClemmons
ricmac25
sir-smokes-a-lot
ALostTexan
Emodx
lucasbuck
Muley
Snakeeyezzes
JoeInvest
MattR

LEAGUE LOW DOWN:

Start Scoring in Week: Week 1 (Sept 2-8)
Maximum Number of Teams: 16
Maximum Moves: No maximum
Maximum Trades: No maximum
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head League
Waiver Time: 2
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Last Trade Date: November 14
Trade Reject Time: 5 days
Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (8 teams)
Bye Points: No
Fractional Points: Yes
Negative Points: Yes
Starting Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, WR/TE, K, DEF, Bench, Bench, Bench, Bench, Bench, Bench
Statistical Categories (Offense): Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2 Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)

Statistical Categories (Kickers): Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (3)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (3)
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-1)
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-1)
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-1)
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (-1)
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards (-1)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Point After Attempt Missed (-1)

Statistical Categories (Defense Teams): 0 Pts Allowed (20)
1-6 Pts Allowed (14)
7-13 Pts Allowed (8)
14-20 Pts Allowed (4)
21-27 Pts Allowed (0)
28-34 Pts Allowed (-1)
35+ Pts Allowed (-4)
Sack (2)
Interception (4)
Fumble Recovery (4)
Touchdown (8)
Safety (4)
Block Kick (2)

This will be an Auto-Draft league. Once I set the leagues draft status...it will draft within 72 hours. Once all entries are in...I will post the a date I'll set the draft status on. FYI- it'll be late August...so everyone has plenty of time to rank their players after their entry fees are in.

:D

I see advantage for either option. I will go with the majority, whatever that is.

SamClemmons said:
Aaaand....you won't be getting no hard to gets if you use option 2.

NA
Hang on. After that note...

I would love to have 50 ISOM's when I win :D but what if I don't like any of the three? What if I like only one? It seems like if everyone pulls or buys some really good sticks, everyone will have a better selection and a better chance of getting what they like.

Put me down for Option 1.

Glad to see the Herftown Yahoos made it back for another season!!

I'll address a few points.

you won't be getting no hard to gets if you use option 2

Depends on what you classify 'hard to get' if your looking for BTL's, Siglo VI etc I doubt there will be any.

It seems like if everyone pulls or buys some really good sticks, everyone will have a better selection and a better chance of getting what they like

Your right SD, but the key word in your phrase is 'if'. Some people live in areas that are hard to find OPUS, PAM's etc. and may not have the sources for ISOM's. And then some people just flat out try to send lesser quality stuff.

Other Points for option 2

Its easier for you guys to send checks as opposed to packaging cigars.
Its easier for me to make up the prizes with only 3 different cigars.
End up with 20% more cigars.
Everyone will have put in equal value.

As of now it looks like its about
5 for option 2 - this includes Beast and I
2 for option 1

Looking at the team owners and personally knowing a few, I can tell you at least 3 more will want option 2.

I will leave the thread go another day for votes but I think it will end up option 2.

-Joe (your loyal CPFFL treasurer)

PS. If someone wants out...nows the time to speak up!! Theres other people who would love to pay 35 bucks to play FF and the chance to win approx. 50 premium cuban cigars.

I don't want out. I am In like Flin.

You make good points Joe.

Either option is good for me. I'm so wishy washy! Option 2 seems more appealing actually. Change my vote back to 2.

And then some people just flat out try to send lesser quality stuff.

Sad. :(