• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Fantasy Football 2003

seesaw_2.JPG

Which side are you on SD?? ;)

Matt R said:
Live draft could be a problem..but otherwise count the Hertown Yahoos in again this year.
:sign: I always knew your wife wore the pants Matt!! Hertown?? ;)

Is anyone interested in individual defensive players? Makes the whole game even more fun!

-Craig

Last year in another league we had individual defensive players and it was kinda nice. I really don't care I just figured I would put my .02 out there

I appreciate the individual Defense idea...but frankly Team Defense works better for these types of leagues. I've ran a league locally here for 6 years, we've have always done individual D, but it took us 4 years to get a group of guys that enjoyed it and stuck with it. For the average or recreational Fantasy player the team defense is much easier. You need to invest double the time and research when drafting individual defense and it's usually too much for people to deal with. I highly doubt we have the crop of Die-Hard, maniac fantasy players to enjoy the individual defense side of it. Although the response for sign-up this year was double that of last year...we had to pull from other boards to fill up a 12 team league in 2002. If this league goes over well this year and we can bring back the majority of team owners next season...I think individual defense would be worth discussing at that time. Let's make this a great season and as people get experience in FFL and start wanting more...then we expand into bigger and better things.

Thanks,

Jeff :)

Jeff, thanks for the response to my post. I love playing with IDP's as I am one of those diehard FF fanatics but I understand that not everyone leans that way. I just thought I'd run it by you. I'm really looking forward to this league as it is a great new twist on the prize pool. Oh and thanks for posting the rules as well. Kudos on the performance based system you chose. It's so much more interesting and fun with that type of scoring. Thanks also for running the league. I think you deserve a few sticks from the pool for running the league. Oh, I almost forgot, thanks for having me in the league!

-Craig

Option 2...
And how about an extra point added for 45+ yard variety? I need at least a 3-4 day heads up for the draft because I don't have 24 hour internet access.

Emo

emodx said:
And how about an extra point added for 45+ yard variety? I need at least a 3-4 day heads up for the draft because I don't have 24 hour internet access.
I'll answer your questions in reverse order Emo:

(2) We're doing an auto-draft league not a live-draft...so once your entry is in you'll have a couple weeks to rank the players before I set the draft...and you won't have to be present for the draft.

(1) While I can appreciate suggestions...I'm not taking any for the scoring system...it is as it stands.

Thanks for the post. :)

was a link posted to the league? My page loads are taking a minute and a half if they load at all?!?!?

Emo

emodx said:
was a link posted to the league? My page loads are taking a minute and a half if they load at all?!?!?

Emo
No one will get an invite until their entry fee is received. This way it forces people to get their money in on time. It also makes sure we dont end up with someone creating a team then bailing out last minute.

Well it looks to be a yea on Option 2.

I will post an update and send a PM and or email to each owner with all the info you need to get your entry fees in. I should get this done in the next 24 hrs. This should give everyone about 2 weeks to get their fees to me.

hwilljr.jpg

Are you ready for some football?? :sign:

PM's have been sent to all team owners:

Beast - PAID
Joe P - PAID
Allofus123
Hbooker
Leebo
SD_Stack
SamClemmons
ricmac25
sir-smokes-a-lot
ALostTexan
Emodx
lucasbuck
Muley
Snakeeyezzes
JoeInvest
MattR

Once I receive your entry fee I will mark you down as paid somewhere on this thread and also send Beast a message to send that team an invite to the league.

Hellva 1st prize huh??

-Joe

Oh sure, do all the voting while I'm out of town and don't even give me a chance to express my thoughts on the prizes. I see how this is going to be. Treat me like a doormat..... noooooo problems..... Forget all the trash talk.... I'll be seeing you on the field bubba! :angry:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

BTW - just for the record, option #2 here! ;) :sign: :D

Checks in the mail. :sneaky:

Will watch "Any Given Sunday" this weekend to see how crazed coahes and general man. really act.
:thumbs:

Check is on the way. Nice work on the prize selection Joe! I'll be salivating all season long.

-Craig

......... :lookup: That damn sig. tag is gonna get me in trouble one day! :p