• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP's "Cigar 101" Newbie Pass

I would like to join if possible.

And the bell rings!!! Class is in!!! Gaspagoo, you just barely made it in the door, but you're in!

Our class is now full! Keep your eyes on the board for assignments!

Thanks all for joining!!

Greg

Okay, here is a list of everyone that raised their hand, not put in order as yet:
ScreennamesforPass-2.jpg

What I would like is for all the students who are on the list to fill out a Personal Message (PM) form with their name and a good mailing address where you can receive the package. I know most of you have already given me your information, however I want to have it sent one more time to ensure I have them all correct. If possible (not mandatory), let me know a working email address where I can send you the list of names/addresses and inventory sheet (will also be included in the pass). Please turn this information in to me as soon as possible.

Once I have confirmation of everyone's address, I'll rearrange the list in geographical order (who goes first, second, third, so on) and re-post it at the beginning of this thread.

Thanks everyone!

I've been asked the question if pricing will be listed for the cigars I've put in. Because this is a learning pass for newbies (including myself), each student will need to do research to find pricing for the cigar/s they are looking to Take/Put. Please see my Syllabus section for information on researching pricing. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me PM.

Thanks!!

What? :0 The answers won't be at the back of the book. :( I have to do research, dang. Hope I don't sprain my brain. :rolleyes:

I've been asked the question if pricing will be listed for the cigars I've put in. Because this is a learning pass for newbies (including myself), each student will need to do research to find pricing for the cigar/s they are looking to Take/Put. Please see my Syllabus section for information on researching pricing. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me PM.

Thanks!!

Just to make sure we get it right, please ensure that this example is correct (#1 Baccarat 'The Game' (5x50)):

43.95 + 43.86 + 43.95 + 45.99 + 45.50 + 43.95 + 51.95 + 46.95 + 43.95 + 42.95 = 453.00

453.00 / 10 (10 stores listed prices) = 45.30

45.30 / 25 (25 sticks in the box) = 1.812

1.81 final price of that particular smoke.

So, if I take #1, I would do a put that is minimum 1.81 (ideally exact price) or one a bit higher value but not too much more. Also, is there a limit in this pass for overages? Like take a 1.81 and the put could range from 1.81 - 2.06 for example (.25 margin).

Thanks!!

Just to make sure we get it right, please ensure that this example is correct (#1 Baccarat 'The Game' (5x50)):

43.95 + 43.86 + 43.95 + 45.99 + 45.50 + 43.95 + 51.95 + 46.95 + 43.95 + 42.95 = 453.00

453.00 / 10 (10 stores listed prices) = 45.30

45.30 / 25 (25 sticks in the box) = 1.812

1.81 final price of that particular smoke.

So, if I take #1, I would do a put that is minimum 1.81 (ideally exact price) or one a bit higher value but not too much more. Also, is there a limit in this pass for overages? Like take a 1.81 and the put could range from 1.81 - 2.06 for example (.25 margin).

Excellent example of the pricing calculation from my syllabus. This is correct.

There will be no limit on overages for this pass (does not have to be on the penny). I listed equal for equal in the syllabus, however for this pass it will be equal or greater. Let's try and keep at as equal as possible.

If anyone has questions, please feel free to ask.

There will be no limit on overages for this pass (does not have to be on the penny). I listed equal for equal in the syllabus, however for this pass it will be equal or greater. Let's try and keep at as equal as possible.

Typically, this isn't a concern. If someone sees a $3.00 smoke in a pass they really want to try and are willing to put a $5.00 smoke to get it, everyone wins. It's when things the other way that folks get riled up..... :p

This is a pass designed for the new guys to give this whole trading thing a shot. I think our host has done a great job of putting together a pass that will be a lot of fun for everyone to get involved with.

Regards - B.B.S.

Typically, this isn't a concern. If someone sees a $3.00 smoke in a pass they really want to try and are willing to put a $5.00 smoke to get it, everyone wins. It's when things the other way that folks get riled up..... :p

This is a pass designed for the new guys to give this whole trading thing a shot. I think our host has done a great job of putting together a pass that will be a lot of fun for everyone to get involved with.

Regards - B.B.S.

I couldn't agree more. Thanks for the clarification on this, guys.

This one makes mine look like a chump. Awesome job and great theme....

This one makes mine look like a chump. Awesome job and great theme....

No way man, I've been pulling info from yours from the beginning. If it wasn't for your pass, this thing would still be in diapers! :laugh:

Thanks Lurch! Much appreciated!

hehe, since I am 10, I think I will wait and see waht sticks will be in the box at that point before deciding? Seems like it makes more sense? :) Awesome job man!

Edit: cause I am handicapped :)

hehe, since I am 10, I think I will wait and see waht sticks will be in the box at that point before deciding? Seems like it makes more sense? :) Awesome job man!

Edit: cause I am handicapped :)

Did Don just tell us he wasn't going to do his homework?!? :laugh:

Okay Matt...it's headed your way tomorrow!

DC# 0103 8555 7491 9436 8679

Yout Takin'/Puttin' or just checkin' contents?

Sean?? What's your Takes/Puts?? Hurry man! What's takin' so long?? :laugh: Just kidding!

And its traveling. I wonder if you will get it back before Christmas? Going all the way to Hawaii. This is cool.