• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuban Smooban

I prefer the small boutique burger joints. There's a nice little place next to some tracks in town called Choo Choos. They make a nice flavorful 1/2 lb. Michigan puro. The charbroiled taste is complemented well with a milk shake giving off hints of chocolate and vanilla. ;) LMAO

AVB said:
..they are better to start with and open the gap wider with age?
Bingo! The exact opposite is true with Non-Havanas, especially Dominican blends. IMHO.

The condiments on a burger should be considered a part of their "blend". Thus, making the taste radically different. :)

TheBeast said:
I prefer the small boutique burger joints. There's a nice little place next to some tracks in town called Choo Choos. They make a nice flavorful 1/2 lb. Michigan puro. The charbroiled taste is complemented well with a milk shake giving off hints of chocolate and vanilla. ;) LMAO
Now we're talking...

I concur with Beast - the quality seen from your smaller burger places completely eclipses that from the larger chains. Here's my favorite's menu in the washington dc area: 5 Guys Menu.

They have burgers, fresh-cut fries, and cokes - along with hot dogs or grilled cheese for the kids. The kitchen is entirely open - and they have barrels of vegetable oil stacked to the ceiling in the area where you order...

Thought you were kidding, Beast? Burgers are a serious thing... :D

If you're in the DC area - swing into 5 Guys - then possibly Good Guys afterwards (just looking for a theme here)... that would be a nice start to a herf...

Anyone else have a burger joint they would recommend in their town? Jump right in and tell us about it, I declare this thread "burger smurger"... :thumbs:

Cheers,

- Oak

Burger House, in Dallas since 1951

Kiddie Burger, Single Burger, Double or Tripple. With Cheese, with Chili, with bacon or even Jalapenos. You just can't get a better Burger.

And the Rings and Cheese fries are To Die For

Really want a treat....Have some Chili Cheese fries with Jalapenos, Yummmmm

Plus, during football season, you just might find the Whole Varsity Chearleading Squad there after the Game on Friday :0 :p :love:

Forgot the link...Burger House
burgerlogo_1.gif

oak said:
The kitchen is entirely open - and they have barrels of vegetable oil stacked to the ceiling in the area where you order...
An open kitchen is a must....you get to see the master patty makers at work. ;)

Oops. Here's another couple favorites in DC if you're visiting:

Ben's Chili Bowl

5 Guys has my favorite burger if I'm going sans Chili - but nothing beats Ben's overall.

and:

If you're on a diet - this place will cut the calories in half (of course, half of a gazillion is still quite a few) with very no loss in taste (though that greasy oily aftertaste is missed... :():

Hamburger Mary's

and of course - although the burgers are only great (not sublime) - I need to plug my favorite bar - where all CP-ers are welcome to visit me and smoke out of my cigar locker:

Shelly's Backroom American Tavern

Man. Burgers and bars actually get me excited... :love:
Cheers,

- Oak

OK since this has gone to burgers, TWIN KISS in Eldersburg MD. Twin burgers and a rootbeer float.
I'm buyin if ya bring a smoke. :thumbs:

TheBeast said:
oak said:
The kitchen is entirely open - and they have barrels of vegetable oil stacked to the ceiling in the area where you order...
An open kitchen is a must....you get to see the master patty makers at work. ;)
They roll the patties on the thighs of virgin maidens at 5 Guys...

60-year old hairy virgins... that is...

C'mon - what do you want for a 5 dollar meal?

:sign:

Since Oak upped it to burgers and smokin, Bill Bateman's 5 or 6 locations in Baltimore area, but we gotta sneak in. I was a bouncer for them and got fired for fighting, imagine that a bouncer who fights :D

WHOAH! Just realized your location... A violent burger-eatin' hunter/fisher within 37 miles of me??!!! Are you a drunk too? (cause that would give you the trifecta!)

:thumbs:

Oh - yes... We shall herf. We shall herf someday soon. I'm thinking the baltimore area - so we can coax AVB out to teach me about scotch... Welcome to the board, beefcube...

:D

Oak ,since I'm a newbie, ya'all hand down some cigar knowledge and I'll take the first couple punches when the brawls start. You grab a beer bottle, a chair, any loose club-like item to help out and oh yeah pack up my burger I'll be hungry in jail :p

Oak, pick a date and both you and cube are welcome to wander up my way for a smoke and scotch lessons. I'm free for sure Apr 3rd, 17 & 18 and May 1st. Other days may open up but I can't say which ones at this time.

AVB said:
Just to add fuel to the fire, if Habanos need a few years to age doesn't that imply they are not as good out of the box as premium domestics that (for the most part) are ready to smoke shortly after purchase? Or is the premise that they are better to start with and open the gap wider with age? Just wondering what your thinking is.
Excellent point AVB. Next time you purchase a box of domestics, smoke a few fresh ones. Then, put the box away for awhile and when you think that they have a little age on them, try smoking them again. I 'm willing to bet that you will enjoy that same cigar even more. Just don't age them too long b/c some domestics are known to loose flavor after a few years on them.

AVB said:
Oak, pick a date and both you and cube are welcome to wander up my way for a smoke and scotch lessons. I'm free for sure Apr 3rd, 17 & 18 and May 1st. Other days may open up but I can't say which ones at this time.
How's this:

Up in Smoak version 2

May 1st in Baltimore?

Cheers,

- Oak

You yankee's wouldn't understand, but a regional chain called Whataburger here in Texas is very good... I personally prefer Wendy's over McDonalds anyday however.

As for local burger joints, in Arlington TX there is this little meat market called Callaways Meatery (on Bowen Rd in Arlington for you locals), and it has a menu item called WHAMMER JAMMER which is a double meat double cheese burger, with fries and a HUGE coke for $4.79 :0 and its guuuuud! My wife craved these burgers with our second son! ;) (with bacon and mustard!)

Now I'm hungry! :sneaky:

Beefcube said:
OK since this has gone to burgers, TWIN KISS in Eldersburg MD. Twin burgers and a rootbeer float.
I'm buyin if ya bring a smoke. :thumbs:
Been to the Twin Kiss, great burger.

Whataburger, even better! :thumbs:

The next time you head to Napa for a day of wine tasting, you gotta stop by Taylor's Refresher for a burger and a vanilla shake!

Awesome!

No corkage fee too. :)

933 Main St
St Helena, CA 94574
707-963-3486
Open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.

....and call me before you go!

WOW..........How did this thread go from cubans to burgers? :0

gkpk said:
WOW..........How did this thread go from cubans to burgers? :0
Judge not by thee cigar thy smokes, but by thee burger thy eats.

"Wild Will" Shakespeare