• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Daily Smokes for Beginners (& Bargain Beauties)

Gary, hope you don't mind but I'm going to incorporate your Heisenberg recommendation from the other thread here.

By carefully typing every last detail into an Excel spreadsheet, then using a formula to create the text entries you see posted on this thread. Just like all the others.

Mwuhahahahaha.

Gonna add one of my favorites that I've smoked forever. The JR Ultimate Petite Corona with the Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper. I still love them.
The Habanito is pretty good too. I'd suggest anybody stay away from the Maduros which taste metallic. Nothing like JR's broadleaf from years ago. 

Juanote said:
Gary, hope you don't mind but I'm going to incorporate your Heisenberg recommendation from the other thread here.

By carefully typing every last detail into an Excel spreadsheet, then using a formula to create the text entries you see posted on this thread. Just like all the others.

Mwuhahahahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKpEoRlcHfA

MadMonk said:
Gonna add one of my favorites that I've smoked forever. The JR Ultimate Petite Corona with the Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper. I still love them.
The Habanito is pretty good too. I'd suggest anybody stay away from the Maduros which taste metallic. Nothing like JR's broadleaf from years ago. 
I'm having difficulty finding a description of these lines online, much less prices. Perhaps that's the point I guess if they're "just for retailers" of the brick and mortar variety.

Well, I haven't given up yet, and I will add the corojo wrappers to what has already been listed.

A couple of suggestions I'd add would be most anything from the Oliva line.  I tend toward the maduro robustos & torpedos, so I'd offer the Serie V torpedo as the top of the Olivas, although you'll have to find it on sale to get it in your target price range.  I also think the Seire O & G are worth exploring.  The second suggestion I have for you is the La Aroma de Cuba/EE/Mi Amor line.  I was introduced to this brand by a CP member in my early days, and I've been a fan ever since.  You can get good deals on all of these if you keep your eye on CI's daily special. 

Jonesy said:
Got my Mayorgas today. Thanks Brian, wherever you are.
Was in Myrtle Beach for the last week. How did you like them?
I like them. OTT the first one tunnelled something fierce (the wrapper would not burn despite repeated touch ups), so I had to dry box box them for a couple of days, after that they've been much better. In an ideal world I would let them rest for a while before smoking more, but they are definitely worth the price.

Juanote said:

I'm having difficulty finding a description of these lines online, much less prices. Perhaps that's the point I guess if they're "just for retailers" of the brick and mortar variety.

Well, I haven't given up yet, and I will add the corojo wrappers to what has already been listed.

I think I need to clarify two of my suggestions. This one is "JR Cigars" line is "JR Ultimates" The petite coronas with the Equadorian Sumatra wrapper. Typically like 69 per box, and if you get in on one of their common sales, you might score another fiver of something, something heavily discounted, etc.

The first smoke I suggested is the "JFR" just for retail. Some vendors will sell a box via mail order, but then I would keep it on the hush regarding posting online, to protect the vendor. I get them for 150 plus shipping for a box of 50. In fact, I might get a box this paycheck if my mood swings that way. Debating between 3 different brands this week. Illusione Ultra, Don Carlos # 4, or the JFR. Decisions, decisions... ;)

Thanks for the clarification that is very helpful as I was at a loss. I'll plug that info into my search efforts (discreetly, of course ;) ), and know that I envy your decisions.  :)

Actually that last part is bullshit. Though those are very nice decisions to be making, I don't envy anyone except the people that get to see my wife every day. The best damn cigar I've ever had cost $6.80 (and I've found them under $6 since), and I've got 7 more of them well seasoned and waiting for me when I get home. I'm a happy and lucky man.  :thumbs:

Just reviewed the OP list. It doesn't appear anyone added My Cuban Wheel cigars. I'm just thought my sampler and I'd say that for around $4/stick you'll get plenty of satisfaction from both the Liga I and Liga II.

Nihon_Ni said:
The second suggestion I have for you is the La Aroma de Cuba/EE/Mi Amor line.

Yes.  I love the base line of these cigars.  One of my absolute go to cigars.  The EE is even better.   I'm personally not crazy about the MI Amor, but I'm not a huge Mexican maduro fan.

I will update the op in a bit, right after my Mayorga. Since I finally got their humidity down (it's tough in a moist environment), they sure are showing themselves to be a damn nice $2 cigar.

Bsneed51 said:

Yes.  I love the base line of these cigars.  One of my absolute go to cigars.  The EE is even better.   I'm personally not crazy about the MI Amor, but I'm not a huge Mexican maduro fan.

I didn't care for the Mi Amor I had either, I'm glad to know it isn't necessarily a reflection of the entire line. I'll have to try some more out.

Juanote said:

I didn't care for the Mi Amor I had either, I'm glad to know it isn't necessarily a reflection of the entire line. I'll have to try some more out.

Pepin's Mexican maduro has something about it that I'm just not crazy about.   I was the same away about the Tatuaje's he did for the Outlaw that had that same wrapper.   The regular line has a broadleaf maduro wrapper on it that is much more agreeable with the LADC blend. 

Bsneed51 said:

Pepin's Mexican maduro has something about it that I'm just not crazy about.   I was the same away about the Tatuaje's he did for the Outlaw that had that same wrapper.   The regular line has a broadleaf maduro wrapper on it that is much more agreeable with the LADC blend. 
Pepin's wrapper!?
Everyone had different tastes, that happens to be one of my favorite wrappers. :D

Great suggestions. I'm really digging the Murcilago's but I found the toro to be my pick from the line. Like three boxes worth.....;-)

thefatguy said:

Pepin's wrapper!?
Everyone had different tastes, that happens to be one of my favorite wrappers. :D

I enjoy just about everything he makes, but there is something about the Mexican maduro he uses that I just don't find enjoyable.  I know I'm in the minority, but there is a flavor in there I just don't like. 

Bsneed51 said:

Pepin's wrapper!?

I enjoy just about everything he makes, but there is something about the Mexican maduro he uses that I just don't find enjoyable.  I know I'm in the minority, but there is a flavor in there I just don't like. 

Wow, I thought I was the only one who didn't care for the flavor as well.

drjammer said:

Pepin's wrapper!?

Wow, I thought I was the only one who didn't care for the flavor as well.

I have a buddy who claims that the wrappers give him a distinct taste of fish.  I find that odd, but everyone's palate is different.  To each his/her own.