• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dark Lord Day 2009

Alright all you bastiges who had the privledge of going to this wonderful event.
Stories, pictures, and beer you've tasted are need for the less fortunate....

DAMN! They must've had a REALLY good time...

Good time meeting folks, sorry it was brief. Carps and Alex, always great to see you guys. Hope to see you in NYC permanently soon Dave.

WOW!!! Dark Lord Day was crazy. The fact that I woke up at 5am to be there at 7:45 is crazy. Got to meet some new BOTL and herf with some old friends too!!. Thank you again Smokin'Sims for my ticket. The 4 bottles are in the dark closet waiting for a day to celebrate. Thanks again to everyone who let me sample their beers. Mine could not even compete. :)

I got home at 2:30am. It was a great trip and now there are too many beers I need to buy. :thumbs:

IMG_2104.jpg

DenverDog, Carps, Tim, TKoepp, AlexGTP, JLAudio and Me!!

I like the Sox and Cubs angle! I'd like to see more pictures as well.

I will post my pics up tonight. I had a blast hanging with all the cpers that I met for the first time. It's always nice to actualy meet those that you may have dealt with over cigarpass, which makes you feel like you have already met (kristin and tim). We all shared fantastic beers with eachother and gifted great cigars. Jonas was kind enough to open a firestone walker 11, which blew me away. I hope to land a whole bottle of this because a sampler of it was a tease and gave me blue balls. I can't get over the amount of rare beers we opened and the funny thing about DLD is that you barely drink any DL. JLaudio couldn't get over how much food I ate, but it sure helped with the marathon of drinking I did. Thanks a bunch to keith for the BBQ. Can't wait to see everyone next year and count me in for GABF.

I didn't bring my camera but here are a few I took with my phone.

@ Sheffields in Chicago. The waitress is holding 4 sunkissed goblets of La Folie. Awesome place!
3490894449_1a21aeee65_b.jpg

The line to get Dark Lord just started moving!
3491672602_6fed8821d8_b.jpg

Mark (my bro) and I with our bottles. Yea, I was pretty tanked by this point.
3490865049_16404e5417_b.jpg

Alex passed out in his car after a long day. :laugh:
3490847859_e33affb783_b.jpg

This my friends is the best/worst sandwich in the world. The Ricobene's breaded steak. Looks like ass but tastes like pure godliness.
3490907465_aeab8ebf8c.jpg

Damn, that line looks like an unorganized mess, looks like 5-6 wide to me.

Damn, that line looks like an unorganized mess, looks like 5-6 wide to me.

It was actually very well organized. Inside the door were several FFF employees who checked your tickets and then sent you to one of the 20 or so tables to buy your DL once a spot opened. The golden ticket idea was awesome. People were able to hang out all day under the tents, eat, drink and smoke and then go get their bottles when they wanted.

I will try and post sometime this week. didnt really sanp too many pics. Too busy sampling!

Yes, everyone was pretty drunk. But now I am sad that I didn't see Alex passed out!! :)

So do they change the wax color every year? I thought they were red?

I will try and post sometime this week. didnt really sanp too many pics. Too busy sampling!
From the looks of that picture, looks like you were heavily sampling ... :laugh:

no wonder you didn't snap any pictures ... :whistling: you were passed out in the car

LOL Man I wish I could have made it...looks like you guys had a blast!

Sorry Justin, I know I said I would post these yesterday :sign: I am 0-2 :laugh:

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg