• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dark Lord Day 2009

In the video at darklordday.com they say that they produce 30,000 barrels which hold 30 gallons apiece. If someone wants to make the estimate, please do. ???

I doubt that is right.

30,000*30 gallons = 900,000 gallons

900,000*128 ounces/gallon = 115200000 ounces

115200000 ounces / 22 ounces/bomber = 5,236,363 bombers

With that kind of production, everyone in the world would get one if they wanted it.
Maybe it was 3000 barrels. :0

Well, I assume most of that space is devoted to liquid that does not become the beautiful nectar. Still seems quite high. 3,000 sounds more probable, but who knows!

I thought the video said they had 6000 barrels of production across all beers. A small part of that is DL.

It's hard to see unless you know Tim and I but we are in the video as they shoot down the line. The camera goes right past us.

Keith

I also thought they were talking about total production. How far out does Three Floyds distribute? I know they don't make it down to MS and it is not available at the Flying Saucer in Memphis, which has a large selection of beers.

I also thought they were talking about total production. How far out does Three Floyds distribute? I know they don't make it down to MS and it is not available at the Flying Saucer in Memphis, which has a large selection of beers.
Iwas under the impression that a lot of what they make is sold in the brew pub. Never saw their products anywhere in the Chicago area.

Sack FFF is all over Illinois and Indiana.
From Alpha King all the way to Robert the Bruce

Ok now the real quesiton is what time are we all meeting up?
Are we going to BBQ? Is anyone bringing a table?

I'm planning on being there around 7:30-8:00am I can't speak for Tim but we are riding together. I figure you are going to be in line for 4 hours no matter what time you get there, so I'm thinking get there early and get the beer as close to noon as possible and tailgate after.

I'm planning on bringing a small table, brats, italians (Mendolias from Kansas City), buns, chips, ketcup, and mustard. Tim and I have a couple of portable gas grills. I don't think plates are needed, just trying to keep it simple. The focus of the day is the beer not the food. If people want to bring a side or something no one is stopping you, but you might need to bring plates or something. Bring your own chair.

I would like to get a rough count of how many people are going to stay and tailgate after you get your DL? We could be starting around noon it could be 2:00, it just depends on the lines this year. Send me a PM if you are staying so I can get an idea of how many people.

Keith

I'm planning on being there around 7:30-8:00am I can't speak for Tim but we are riding together. I figure you are going to be in line for 4 hours no matter what time you get there, so I'm thinking get there early and get the beer as close to noon as possible and tailgate after.

I'm planning on bringing a small table, brats, italians (Mendolias from Kansas City), buns, chips, ketcup, and mustard. Tim and I have a couple of portable gas grills. I don't think plates are needed, just trying to keep it simple. The focus of the day is the beer not the food. If people want to bring a side or something no one is stopping you, but you might need to bring plates or something. Bring your own chair.

I would like to get a rough count of how many people are going to stay and tailgate after you get your DL? We could be starting around noon it could be 2:00, it just depends on the lines this year. Send me a PM if you are staying so I can get an idea of how many people.

Keith
I'll be there early, around 7:30, they had picnic tables in the parking lot last year. Seeing as how this is a Saturday, there wouldn't be any cars and we could use them like last year. If you get there too late you will have to use your own table. ;)

I was wondering the same thing. I am coming down with friend so I don't have to drive by myself.

What are people up to Friday afternoon/evening? I'm hoping to get into town in the early afternoon, trying to leave here ~3-4am. Other than Jack Schwartz what should I check out that evening?

Only one person has let me know that they are interested in staying in the afternoon to tailgate. It won't be worth the hassle if no one is staying or interested. PM me if you are tailgating.

Keith

I will be driving in from Dayton with a good friend and I was hoping I could meet up with all the CPers. It looks like I will be staying the night in town also because I doubt neither my buddy nor I will be in shape to drive.

For those who are interestes.

Denverdog, mark, jlaudio and I will be doing the following. Times are subject to change.

11am Binny's SouthLoop chicago.

1PM Orland Park, IL for lunch at Ricobenes than to Rock Bottom Orland Park for beer. Possible check out Galway tribes too see whats on tap.

Afternoon head to Indiana to check into hotel and unwind.

7PM Head to Flossmor Station for the pre-DLD party.

Of course everything is subject to change.

Keith I sent you a PM a cple of us are plannig on tailgating.

Denverdog, mark, jlaudio and I will be doing the following. Times are subject to change.

1PM Orland Park, IL for lunch at Ricobenes than to Rock Bottom Orland Park for beer. Possible check out Galway tribes too see whats on tap.

Of course you're talking about Friday for all this, Saturday everyone will be at DLD. :cool:

That sounds like fun, Alex. Keith, I sent a PM, but there seems to have been problems recently so I don't know if mine came through.

I got my Golden Ticket!! Thank you Smokin'Sims. :thumbs: I am planning on leaving here around 5am and driving down. What time does everyone think they are heading over to DLD days on Saturday??

I got my Golden Ticket!! Thank you Smokin'Sims. :thumbs: I am planning on leaving here around 5am and driving down. What time does everyone think they are heading over to DLD days on Saturday??

Awesome! I assume we will get there around 8 or so. Should be an awesome day of drinking, smoking and tailgaiting!

Glad it made it there safely. I'm planning on showing up between 7-8am.

Of course you're talking about Friday for all this, Saturday everyone will be at DLD. :cool:

Yes so there is no confusion this is the itinerary for FRIDAY APRIL 24th!!

We should be arriving at DLD whenevr Jonas and company decide! Im shooting for a 730 start!!

Just informed by the man on the street JLaudio. Galway tribes has this on tap. So we are definately hitting this place up!!

Bells Two hearted
Surly Grit 16
Bells Hopslam
and some quads on tap!! :thumbs:

Yes so there is no confusion this is the itinerary for FRIDAY APRIL 24th!!

We should be arriving at DLD whenevr Jonas and company decide! Im shooting for a 730 start!!
I be there on Saturday, that Friday schedule would kill me. :laugh: