• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dark Lord Day

I might be in Chicago area during this weekend. Do you have to have a ticket to attend or just to buy?

I might be in Chicago area during this weekend. Do you have to have a ticket to attend or just to buy?

No problem bro, just show up, but if you get there after 8AM you;ll have to walk a couple of blocks. I'll have the Girl riding the cigar from cigarpass on a sign by a table, hopefully i'll get a table.
whistling.gif
wink.gif

For clarity, you only need the ticket to buy.

I'm going to try and contact 3 Floyds Monday because I think the PayPal may have my old Utah address despite me changing it. The website was a disaster, but got tickets so I'm happy.

I thought about buying tickets and then later trading them to someone for half the allotment but decided against it. A guy on BA said last year he didn't get tickets and after 5pm when they opened it up to anyone without a ticket he walked right up and bought the limit with no problem.

If anyone has an extra ticket or 3 I will pay for the ticket and buy and ship you one of the beers if you can't make it. Let me know

Just posted today on darklordday.com

So with that being said, here are some numbers to consider.
• Our store had 50,423 hits by 5,115 visitors in less than one hour effectively crushing Shopify’s servers
• The majority referred through twitter
• darklordday.com had 16,963 unique visitors
• 3floyds.com had 12,542 unique visitors
• #DarkLordDay and “Golden Tickets” were both trending topics on Twitter at the same time.
Gives a little insight as to what we were dealing with to get tickets.

I got my tickets. OK my friend Adam got them but I will still be able to buy my 4 bottles. Looking forward to a great day with my BOTL.

Just spoke with Liz from Three Floyds Brewing and she assured me that the Golden tickets will be going out the end of this week. She said the boss dropped thousands of labels on her desk and told her to make sure they go out this weeek, she told him in no uncertain terms that she NEEDED help. Good times!
biggrin.gif
thumbs-up.gif

Just spoke with Liz from Three Floyds Brewing and she assured me that the Golden tickets will be going out the end of this week. She said the boss dropped thousands of labels on her desk and told her to make sure they go out this weeek, she told him in no uncertain terms that she NEEDED help. Good times!
biggrin.gif
thumbs-up.gif

Well, get over there and help. :laugh:

I just made my hotel reservations, so I'm hoping my tickets get to the correct address. We get in on Thursday night. Let me know if anything is going on the days prior to DLD.

I heard the beer is 15% this year...

Post your herf request and there are plenty of Indiana CPers who would be happy to herf with you. As a matter of fact there will be a group of CPers staying close to Three Floyds just like you. I won't get there until the morning of the 24th. See you there!
biggrin.gif

I heard the beer is 15% this year...

I read that too, should make for an interesting day on Dark Lord Day. Last year i saw a guy passed out on the lawn with his hand wrapped around his glass and never dropped a bit.
laugh.gif
I try not to get too crazy.
tongue.gif
thumbs-up.gif

If anyone is interested in this thread just enter 'dark lord stout 2010' at ebay. Prepare to be amazed!
whistling.gif

Final price for one bottle of 2010 Dark Lord Stout is $2010. What a marooon!
laugh.gif
rolleyes.gif

Got my tickets yesterday in the mail. Can't wait!!

Got my tickets yesterday in the mail. Can't wait!!

thumbs-up.gif
Same here! See you there, and if my instincts are right, i'll be seeing a whole lot of CPers.
biggrin.gif

Just saw this thread, haven't been in the Beer forums for a bit.

I've been on cloud 9 ever since I got my Golden Ticket e-mail confirmation. This was going to be my first ever Dark Lord Day. Unfortunately, I recently had some things up with a scheduling conflict and possible financial complications. Would anyone on here be willing to get my Dark Lord for me if I sent them my tickets? I would obviously pay for the beer, shipping to me (or I could pick it up depending on where your located) and send you a nice pack of cigars for your efforts.

Nothing is confirmed yet, but with it being so close, I'd like to get a back up plan in case I can't attend. PM me if you can help out.

Just saw this thread, haven't been in the Beer forums for a bit.

I've been on cloud 9 ever since I got my Golden Ticket e-mail confirmation. This was going to be my first ever Dark Lord Day. Unfortunately, I recently had some things up with a scheduling conflict and possible financial complications. Would anyone on here be willing to get my Dark Lord for me if I sent them my tickets? I would obviously pay for the beer, shipping to me (or I could pick it up depending on where your located) and send you a nice pack of cigars for your efforts.

Nothing is confirmed yet, but with it being so close, I'd like to get a back up plan in case I can't attend. PM me if you can help out.

Let me know if things don't work out. My wife is going up with me and I can ask her to stand in line as well.

Just a heads up, looks like rain on Saturday. Don't forget your wet gear!
sign.gif

Just a heads up, looks like rain on Saturday. Don't forget your wet gear!
sign.gif

Sack

Tim, my Dad, and Myself will be there. We are bringing dogs, brats, beer and a grill. Where you going to be and when. We are planning to arrive at 7:00 Munster time. We liked getting Dark Lord early last year and tailgating after.

Keith.