• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dark Lord Day

Another year, another DLD missed. This should be the last kid so hopefully I'm out of excuses. Last time I had DLD was from Tim's sale a couple years ago. Enjoy guys!

Just a heads up, looks like rain on Saturday. Don't forget your wet gear!
sign.gif

Sack

Tim, my Dad, and Myself will be there. We are bringing dogs, brats, beer and a grill. Where you going to be and when. We are planning to arrive at 7:00 Munster time. We liked getting Dark Lord early last year and tailgating after.

Keith.

I was looking at the weather and that stupid rain again. Adam and I were just talking about food. We are bringing Bubba burger again. Do we need anything else?? Planning on getting there around 8am again like last year. Only 4 more days.

We'll bring some food and beer as well. I leave this time Thursday I should be in Chicago and already have a buzz.

Just a heads up, looks like rain on Saturday. Don't forget your wet gear!
sign.gif

Sack

Tim, my Dad, and Myself will be there. We are bringing dogs, brats, beer and a grill. Where you going to be and when. We are planning to arrive at 7:00 Munster time. We liked getting Dark Lord early last year and tailgating after.

Keith.

See you there Keith, it has to be the best herf of the year for the Chicagoland crew, and i suppose a lot of other people. Can't wait!
smile.gif
thumbs-up.gif

Sounds like the party is starting early for you, be safe bro!

I went to 3F's brewpub for lunch and the server said $15 a bottle, but he didn't know how many.

Anyone drinking around munster tonight if so let me know where and when. Eta 5 hours

I'll be seeing everyone tomorrow morning!
smile.gif
thumbs-up.gif

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' date='22 April 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1271969413' post='964142']
I went to 3F's brewpub for lunch and the server said $15 a bottle, but he didn't know how many.
[/quote]

Well we know now!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
thumbs-up.gif

[quote name='sack' date='25 April 2010 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1272226955' post='964844']
[quote name='Smokin'Sims' date='22 April 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1271969413' post='964142']
[/quote]

Well we know now!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
thumbs-up.gif

[/quote]

Did I read something about them cutting the allotments in half after a few hours of selling bottles? That would have pissed me off if I was in line and someone ahead of me got to buy more than me.

[quote name='GregSVT' date='25 April 2010 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1272243738' post='964895']
[quote name='sack' date='25 April 2010 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1272226955' post='964844']
[/quote]

Well we know now!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
thumbs-up.gif

[/quote]

Did I read something about them cutting the allotments in half after a few hours of selling bottles? That would have pissed me off if I was in line and someone ahead of me got to buy more than me.
[/quote]

Actually they were giving you the choice of buying 2009 or 2010 editions of your choice. I heard so many rumors and none were true, first they make the brew and that determines the amount of tickets. Hell, they were selling Dark Lord in the pub as a draft. This year they added food vendors outside, it was quite the event.
thumbs-up.gif
smile.gif

Actually from many posts on Beer Advocate it looks like they cut the amount of 2010 bottles you could buy per ticket from 4 to 3 around noon or 1pm. Sounds like they didn't plan this one out too well. Many people are pissed off about that or the hour+ long lines for guest taps, the pub, or food.

I'd hoped to come to this next year but I can't stand waiting in disorganized lines for 4 hours and having aholes cut in line in front of me.

We went in afternoon probably around 2-3 and got our full allotment. They were giving you the option of buying 2 2009 instead of four 2010, but that was your choice. If you had come up Greg you would have hung out with us and not had much hassle. Despite the chaos that ensued it was actually fairly nice for Tim, Kieth, his dad and myself. Once we got over the "I gotta get my beer now" idea we set up the grill and stove ate some great brats, smoked fine cigars and drank good beer. Jumped in the chaos and had our beer in about 10-15 minutes once the line was flowing. We were not cramped up like we were last year in the cattle line at the beginning.

Claudio- Sorry I didn't make it back to the tent in time to see you again. I went over later int he afternoon and didn't see you about, but did see the cigar girl logo.

Is there anyone who would like to sell or trade me for 2010 DL? :whistling: ??? ??? :D

I am gonna try and aquire a few bottles of Parabola next month when it comes out? Or The Bruery Coton also comes out next month?
Send me a PM

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' date='26 April 2010 - 08:26 AM' timestamp='1272288409' post='964960']
We went in afternoon probably around 2-3 and got our full allotment. They were giving you the option of buying 2 2009 instead of four 2010, but that was your choice. If you had come up Greg you would have hung out with us and not had much hassle. Despite the chaos that ensued it was actually fairly nice for Tim, Kieth, his dad and myself. Once we got over the "I gotta get my beer now" idea we set up the grill and stove ate some great brats, smoked fine cigars and drank good beer. Jumped in the chaos and had our beer in about 10-15 minutes once the line was flowing. We were not cramped up like we were last year in the cattle line at the beginning.

Claudio- Sorry I didn't make it back to the tent in time to see you again. I went over later int he afternoon and didn't see you about, but did see the cigar girl logo.
[/quote]

Glad y'all had fun! I may still be interested in going next year but I'd skip all the uneccessary lines and just relax with some good beers like you guys did.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' date='26 April 2010 - 07:26 AM' timestamp='1272288409' post='964960']

[/quote]

No problem Mac, when we got our allotment of Stout we went across the street and sat around some trees, grilled and drank some great stout and enjoyed the day.
thumbs-up.gif
I hope you enjoyed the day as much we did.

Here are a few that my wife took. Unfortuneately I don't have any with Claudio, Nick or Kristen and I do have some with Tim, Keith and my ugly mugs.

DSC00733.jpg

DSC00737.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

Had a great time meeting some of you guys this year. Already planning on coming back next year. Hopefully I get more than two bottles this time haha.

Great pics Sims. I'd love to grab a bottle or two. Those who can fulfill this will be handsomely rewarded through cigars...or I could pay cash.

Please let me know.

Best,

Rob