• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dead Island anyone?

Swissy

Livin' the retired life!
Anyone try Dead Island? zombie killing game that is as if Borderlands (or Fallout?) and Left4Dead had a zombie love child.

Got it on PC (Steam)... not sure I'll get the xbox version as I'm getting away from the 360.

Great game to do a flying kick and finishing with a curb stomp to pop their heads off. All while laughing your ass off, smoking an Opus and drinking whatever (in excess...)

great fun... hit me up if you are on Steam.

Will look for this one, not that I game much anymore....<sadface>

Tim

I've been reading about this game since it was announced. I am eager to check it out for myself. Sounds like, from you initial impression, that it's as good as I've hoped for.

I could never get into Zombie games, don't know why. I haven't really played much of anything in years. Back in the day I played a lot of the Quake series of games. Is there any decent first person shooter/ death match style game of that ilk out there now? I tried the CoD games but that didn't really do it for me.

Once I can get some internet out where I'm living I may check that out. I'm also thinking about getting Rise of Nightmares on the Xbox for the kinect. Sales guys was saying you rip zombie heads off with your hands.

I just started playing it yesterday but it's on my xbox. Barely got into it but the controls are a little glitchy and the combat interactive isn't the greatest. I'd imagine it's way better on the computer.

A real zombie game, very cruel, very cool.....

Just wrong......

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2428437236878343763

Plan on getting it soon, Jim. Right now I'm getting my kicks with FEAR 3 and Darksiders.

Not interested in getting Dead Island right now....WAYYYYYYY too many bugs and glitches, when a developer can't take the time to properly release a game, I refuse to purchase said game, and some of the glitches in that game are going to take a while to patch.

hmm..... works fine for me and those I've been hooking up with. Granted day one was a mess tho... and it's a damn port, like most other PC games these days. Sad that users have to create the utilities to add vsynch, increase the shadow details and use the right shader model. But... I'm glad they do! It looks and runs sooooo much better.

And if you wait for a dev to make a bug free/smooth release game, you won't be playing much anymore these days.

I love it and really no glitches on the PS3 version been playing it alot lately.

Tried it out last night at a friends house... pretty fun. I may buy it sooner than I thought.

Yeah, getting past the first hour or so, the game starts to fall into a better rhythm. Story line still pretty crappy though.