• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Death of a small business

I got the prize package today. Thank you so much Dave!! Dude, if you're ever anywhere near Kansas City you had better look me up. There's a damn fine smoking room at Outlaw that's calling your name bro. Thank you again. Keep us posted on the job hunting.

Bryce

P.S. What's the cigar without the band? The suspense is killin' me! :D

I got the prize package today. Thank you so much Dave!! Dude, if you're ever anywhere near Kansas City you had better look me up. There's a damn fine smoking room at Outlaw that's calling your name bro. Thank you again. Keep us posted on the job hunting.

Bryce

P.S. What's the cigar without the band? The suspense is killin' me! :D

I'm definitely going to make it to the Outlaw one of these days! The unbanded one is a Johnny-O! Closed Poker Run Shaggy if I remember correctly. Still pretty young, but very good none the less.

Hope you enjoy and thanks for playing. I'll definitely keep you posted on the job hunt.

I was waiting to update this thread in hopes that I had good news. Well, I received a call from my manager yesterday afternoon. She asked if I would do her a "favor." She asked if I'd take over one of our other branches because the manager recently applied for, and was chosen to run, a different department. Good news, I get to stay a manager, and take over a successful branch.

SO, why is this a "favor" you may ask? It's because that branch is also closing. It is scheduled to close on 12/31/09. So, I'm keeping my position, but temporarily for now. It has basically extended my deadline. I am very confident that I will not be losing my job after that branch closure either. My manager told me that she will NOT lose me as an employee, plain and simple. A demotion may be in the cards for me down the road to keep my job, but I'm at least secured through the end of this year. Heck, I'll also have a specialty... "Need a branch closed, just call Dave!" :D

One of the other members of my staff has also found a position. I'm hoping that one more will get picked up in the coming weeks, but I'm content with the outcome thus far.

Thanks again to everyone who have shown me support via this thread or PM. I really do appreciate it!

I was waiting to update this thread in hopes that I had good news. Well, I received a call from my manager yesterday afternoon. She asked if I would do her a "favor." She asked if I'd take over one of our other branches because the manager recently applied for, and was chosen to run, a different department. Good news, I get to stay a manager, and take over a successful branch.

SO, why is this a "favor" you may ask? It's because that branch is also closing. It is scheduled to close on 12/31/09. So, I'm keeping my position, but temporarily for now. It has basically extended my deadline. I am very confident that I will not be losing my job after that branch closure either. My manager told me that she will NOT lose me as an employee, plain and simple. A demotion may be in the cards for me down the road to keep my job, but I'm at least secured through the end of this year. Heck, I'll also have a specialty... "Need a branch closed, just call Dave!" :lol:

One of the other members of my staff has also found a position. I'm hoping that one more will get picked up in the coming weeks, but I'm content with the outcome thus far.

Thanks again to everyone who have shown me support via this thread or PM. I really do appreciate it!

You may have work with the FDIC!

Glad to hear you're working!!!!

That's good to hear Dave. I've been watching this thread in hopes that you would give us some good news.......Congrats!!

Way to go, Dave! That's the best news I've heard all week :)

See you soon!

Jeffrey L.

That's great news for you!

So is this the 'strip club' boss who doesn't want to lose you? ;)

Congrats on staving off the grim reaper. Your boss values you, so you never know what could be next.

Good luck and keep that positive attitude it's paying dividends(banking pun included).

So is this the 'strip club' boss who doesn't want to lose you? ;)

Nope, this boss is actually the manager for both myself and my strip club buddy. :) Although, she (my good friend mentioned above) and I did go out for drinks to celebrate last night. She's very happy that I'm staying with the bank too.

Congrats on staving off the grim reaper. Your boss values you, so you never know what could be next.

Good luck and keep that positive attitude it's paying dividends(banking pun included).

Hey!!!

The Reaper can be a nice guy. Sort of.

Excellent news Dave! Glad to hear both that A) You still have a job until this other branch closes, and B) Your manager doesn't want you to leave the company.
Best of luck!

Phew! I can feel your excitement in the words you wrote Dave!

Very happy for you!