• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dixie or a Yankee!

46% yankee???? Hey, I should be up in the 70% catagory. They got bubbler right though... southern wisconsin

46% Yankee

Damn my sister in law for bringing Y'all into my vernacular :p

Thanks to your girlfriend for the test. I bagged a 63% Southern much to my surprise. I would have guessed 50/50 coming from STL which seems to me to be neither north or south.

84% Dixie! Yeehah! :thumbs:

American by birth -- Southern by the grace of God!!

I dislike the NY Yankees simply cuz they're called the Yankees.

Born in Georgia and my middle name is Lee!

:D

50% Yankee. I think they should add a little more detail to the test. For example, if your a redneck, they should figure the percentage of inbred in your family

49% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category.
Hmmmm...

golfgar said:
Thanks to your girlfriend for the test. I bagged a 63% Southern much to my surprise. I would have guessed 50/50 coming from STL which seems to me to be neither north or south.
[snapback]181161[/snapback]​

If they ask you if you want gritts with that, then you are in the south. I was at a small greasy spoon in STL (my first trip "down south" many years ago) and they offered me gritts with my eggs. Being forwarned, I said no thanks.

Is Stan & Biggies still there? Had a great prime rib dinner there.

Maggs44 said:
golfgar said:
Thanks to your girlfriend for the test.  I bagged a 63% Southern much to my surprise.  I would have guessed 50/50 coming from STL which seems to me to be neither north or south.
[snapback]181161[/snapback]​

If they ask you if you want gritts with that, then you are in the south. I was at a small greasy spoon in STL (my first trip "down south" many years ago) and they offered me gritts with my eggs. Being forwarned, I said no thanks.

Is Stan & Biggies still there? Had a great prime rib dinner there.
[snapback]181307[/snapback]​

Why in the world would you turn down gritts? ???

AVB said:
Same idea, different site.

For the first test I'm 48% Yankee. Must be all that traveling that made me so well rounded. :p
[snapback]180983[/snapback]​

Hmmm, different results altogether!
Your Linguistic Profile:
75% General American English
20% Upper Midwestern
5% Midwestern
0% Dixie
0% Yankee
JV

All ya'll southern folk might could learn from this here test! :whistling:

KayakinBoy said:
mrjinglesusa said:
Swifty said:
The first time I took the test I scored 100% Dixie. This made no sense since only one of my answers were of sothern dialect.So I took it again using the exact same answers. I scored 55% yankee. The third time 45% yankee. Then I just kept hitting the "compute my score button" without redoing the test. Every time I hit the button it gave a different score. :rolleyes:  I must have multiple personality disorder. :p
[snapback]181005[/snapback]​

Confirmed. 65% --> 85% --> 100% when I keep clicking compute score with the same answers. :sign: I feel better now.
[snapback]181015[/snapback]​

and what would be wrong with being 100%?
[snapback]181062[/snapback]​

All of your teeth fall out? :whistling: :D

"81% (Dixie). Did you have any Confederate ancestors?"

Andrew Jackson!! :blush:

Cheeze said:
Maggs44 said:

[snapback]181307[/snapback]​

Why in the world would you turn down gritts? ???
[snapback]181308[/snapback]​

Sorry... you're both Yankees... Correct spelling is "GRITS"

:p

72% Dixie. I expected higher but, in my travels I guess picked up alittle yankee. I think I'm the only one south of Mason-Dixon line that's ever heard of "Devil's Night". (question 18) My best friend is from Detroit. :p