• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do cigars help quit cigarettes smoking?

It helped me. Now I cant stand the smell of a cigarette. However when I am out without cigars and drinking I find myself jonesing for nicotine and that is usually a nasty cigarette. Since I have quit the full time habit I have had maybe 5 or so cigarettes.

I think the key to it is the satisfaction and enjoyment that you get.
Storebought cigarettes provide neither--thats why you smoke so many.

I started to make my own cigarettes using some of the worlds finest tobacco. Also, I keep 6-8 kinds of tobacco around for variety. They are much more satisfying and I started to smoke less because of that. On the make your own discussions, many say it is easier to quit with them than with storebought crap. I think it is because you think about them while smoking, enjoy them more, and your craving is met.
You smoke the nasty store-boughts without thinking, it is just a habit then.

Put a cigar into the equation and the effect is multiplied many times. After a great cigar, I feel no need for a cigarette for hours sometimes.

I enjoy good cigarettes and good cigars and am not trying to quit either. You cigarette guys should look into the make your own thing. I now smoke the best quality for 1/3 to 1/2 the price of store boughts.
They smell totally different, like the pure tobacco they are.

Nothing short of deciding to quit smoking cigarettes and sticking to your decision will help you quit smoking. Not as easy as it sounds, I know, but nothing else short of death or incapacity works.

25 years smoking
5 years since

I can’t think of cigarettes, while having discussion with Mr. Merlot and Mr. Siglo – Habanos Puros Seleccion Suprema.

I used ZYban which is a pill and stayed quit for 5 years until I was a dumbass and started again last year. But like Neal said you will probably have to quit cigars for a short time for it to work.

This might help as well.

LesbianSmoking.jpg

I did not think I liked cigs at all until Al passed me a Cohiba and a 1/4th of a pack of Populars. Those are good and worth smoking. Otherwise, I say no to cigs.