• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Does anyone practice Intermittent Fasting?

I did intermittent fasting this winter/ spring along with cutting out Soda for good and beer during the week. I dropped from 260 to 215. We were doing a weight loss competition. I won! I’ve come up to a comfortable 224 as of now. I’m 6’8” so 220ish is a nice comfortable zone. Been planning on getting back on the fasting and jogging. I’ve been slacking the last month on running.

This is from June at the end of the competition.

FE79C7B8-B5ED-4F73-BE35-B713BD074B58.png8AAE2786-2BC6-4C3D-BC7D-5B91A7075CB5.png

Nice work everyone!
Paul

Sleep definitely improves, good to hear. I was always bloated and losing weight sure helped that.

Funny what the brain can do to us. If you can conquer this and thinking you're constantly hungry, everything else is cake. Well, not cake cake, because that would be awesome.
Yeah, it hasn't been difficult really at all. Trickiest thing is Friday nights when I don't get off the football field until after 9 usually and my normal fasting starts at 8, so just usually easy something and then fast later on Saturday, then a shorter eating window to get back on schedule. Not sure if that's the right way to handle it, but that's what I'm doing. 😂

Yeah, it hasn't been difficult really at all. Trickiest thing is Friday nights when I don't get off the football field until after 9 usually and my normal fasting starts at 8, so just usually easy something and then fast later on Saturday, then a shorter eating window to get back on schedule. Not sure if that's the right way to handle it, but that's what I'm doing. 😂

That's the way to do it!

Wife and I have both lost about 10 pounds so far.

Wife and I have both lost about 10 pounds so far.
Great job!!

Once you get to your desired weight, you can “cheat” on the weekends... when I got down to 178, I celebrated with a big breakfast Saturday morning, some ice cream Saturday night and some (fatty) snacks on Sunday. Sure, I gained a few lbs by Monday morning, but was back to 178 by Wednesday. Since then, I pretty much cheat every weekend (and really look forward to it 😊) This weekend it is cheesecake, chips and salsa (for the games tomorrow) and lots of beer 😊

Great job!!

Once you get to your desired weight, you can “cheat” on the weekends... when I got down to 178, I celebrated with a big breakfast Saturday morning, some ice cream Saturday night and some (fatty) snacks on Sunday. Sure, I gained a few lbs by Monday morning, but was back to 178 by Wednesday. Since then, I pretty much cheat every weekend (and really look forward to it 😊) This weekend it is cheesecake, chips and salsa (for the games tomorrow) and lots of beer 😊
I haven't really changed anything in eating, other than trying to snack a little healthier, just the fasting, so don't really feel any need to cheat. Breakfast on either Saturday or Sunday would be nice though.

I haven't really changed anything in eating, other than trying to snack a little healthier, just the fasting, so don't really feel any need to cheat. Breakfast on either Saturday or Sunday would be nice though.
This was geared more towards the “disciplined“ fasters here 😂

Well, it was going great up until this weekend. I'm going to take the next week easy and just eat when I need to (some meds I have to eat with), and then once the med cocktail is dialed down, I'm planning on getting back into it again.

Like I mentioned to a few I’m in a weight loss competition again this year. I’m not happy about it but I do have a bit to lose yet again. This week I started with two big changes. One as I posted in the beer forums is that I’ve cut out beer/alcohol for the next few weeks. I may have a couple for Super Bowl Sunday but I’d really like to try and make it to my birthday. Last night was a bit of a challenge being Friday night pizza night but it was a success. Tonight on the Vherf will be the next obstacle.

I also started back on intermittent fasting this week and it was a success. There will be challenges of course but really the beer is my biggest challenge.

This was last weeks initial weigh in.
FC9D00DE-9D4F-4AC2-880A-86E4E0DCC8FC.pngD222C99E-20B1-4999-B50E-3F8976834D02.png

We will see how this goes. Running starts next week!

Cheers,
Paul

Like I mentioned to a few I’m in a weight loss competition again this year. I’m not happy about it but I do have a bit to lose yet again. This week I started with two big changes. One as I posted in the beer forums is that I’ve cut out beer/alcohol for the next few weeks. I may have a couple for Super Bowl Sunday but I’d really like to try and make it to my birthday. Last night was a bit of a challenge being Friday night pizza night but it was a success. Tonight on the Vherf will be the next obstacle.

I also started back on intermittent fasting this week and it was a success. There will be challenges of course but really the beer is my biggest challenge.

View attachment 38040View attachment 38041

Cheers,
Paul
What app is that? I’ve started back this week after accidentally stepping on my scales a few days ago...

Cheers,
Paul
Good luck

Cheers,
Paul

Good luck Paul. I'm back on serious fasting as well. My wife is doing a repeat of the Faster Way program and the workouts are kicking my butt. Guess that's what happens when you don't work out for 5+ years. It's a great program and it works with the My Fitness Pal app.

Originally from Louisiana here & EATING is the state sport in Louisiana :D so, fasting hasn't been a part of my dietary regimen, yet.
I will be hitting the BIG 60 here in a couple weeks, and I would like to drop a few pounds so, fasting may be in my future. o_O
Tonight I'm having a bone in NY strip, hash browns, a big salad, and some Chianti to wash it all down.
Great thread :)

The GF and I have tried intermittent fasting for the past 2~3 weeks. It wasn't that much of an adjustment for me as during the week I was already doing something fairly similar as a routine. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I've not noticed much change at all. The weight swings from week to week are identical to what I've been experiencing pre-intermittent fasting. *shrugs*

Hey gang, this thread has me interested in doing this and I've started today. I weighed 310 on May 1, 2020 when I started walking and using myfitnesspal. By July I was walking 100 miles a month. I lost over 50 pounds by October, joined a gym and started lifting. Basically since that time, I've lost and gained the same 10 pounds over and over. I'm happy with where I'm at, but would love to lose another 50 over the next year or two. I tend to smoke and have a drink late at night so that's going to have to change a bit. So, we'll see what happens.