• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Does anyone practice Intermittent Fasting?

In January, I was at 235, not my highest weight, but certainly uncomfortable and unsightly... I studied David Sinclair’s “Longevity doctrine”, and read his book. I saw every video, podcast, etc... I was sold. I learned about “hormesis” (pretty much what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger) living longer (and healthier) longevity mix and intermittent fasting. By March, I had dropped below 200 for the first time in 20 years. By June I dropped below 190, and now I am at a healthy and slim 182. My biological age went from 68 to 48, I haven’t felt this good in a long time.

That's amazing Bill! Great job.

It's amazing how much better I feel. Also, not snacking before bed, has drastically bettered my sleep. My gut isn't having to process food, while I sleep.

That's amazing Bill! Great job.

It's amazing how much better I feel. Also, not snacking before bed, has drastically bettered my sleep. My gut isn't having to process food, while I sleep.
Thanks brother, great job to you as well! This is certainly life changing...

That's incredible, Bill. Congratulations on the life change!

In January, I was at 235, not my highest weight, but certainly uncomfortable and unsightly... I studied David Sinclair’s “Longevity doctrine”, and read his book. I saw every video, podcast, etc... I was sold. I learned about “hormesis” (pretty much what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger) living longer (and healthier) longevity mix and intermittent fasting. By March, I had dropped below 200 for the first time in 20 years. By June I dropped below 190, and now I am at a healthy and slim 182. My biological age went from 68 to 48, I haven’t felt this good in a long time.
just ordered a copy

Bill, I read Sinclair's book Lifespan in the spring after listening to him do a few interviews. I've undertaken similar actions to yours, and I'm happy to say my results have been similar too. I presume your taking some sort of NAD precursor?

I'm on Day 4 of IF. I didn't eat until 12:20, even after having a good workout this morning, which I could not have done earlier this week. I have a question for @CBoukal , how do you structure your IF on Saturday to allow you to have a few drinks at the Virtual Herf? I would have to stop drinking at 8pm with my current schedule (12-8pm). Which, if last weekend is any indication, perhaps I should! But seriously, when your going to have a night like Saturday, how do you adjust, or structure your days fasting?

Bill, I read Sinclair's book Lifespan in the spring after listening to him do a few interviews. I've undertaken similar actions to yours, and I'm happy to say my results have been similar too. I presume your taking some sort of NAD precursor?
Excellent!!
Yes, I take NR, NAD and NMN, along with Metformin and Resveratrol.

I'm on Day 4 of IF. I didn't eat until 12:20, even after having a good workout this morning, which I could not have done earlier this week. I have a question for @CBoukal , how do you structure your IF on Saturday to allow you to have a few drinks at the Virtual Herf? I would have to stop drinking at 8pm with my current schedule (12-8pm). Which, if last weekend is any indication, perhaps I should! But seriously, when your going to have a night like Saturday, how do you adjust, or structure your days fasting?
I don't think Bourbon has any calories or sugar does it? :rolleyes:
Saturday's I don't normally start eating until 1 or 130 and remember the Herf starts for me at 7pm. I normally switch to water half way through the Herf but if I go over my time its not very much I am having.

Sure: It would be best to read the book, or at least watch a video or 2... NR and NMN are precursors to NAD (which your “longevity cells” called “sirtuins” need)
Watch this then it will make perfect sense:

NR - nicotinamide riboside
NAD - nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide
NMN - nicotinamide mononucleotide

If you'rr planning on feeding/drinking later than normal, you can always adjust when you start your windows or just chalk it up to a reward and start up the next day. That drink in't going to do that much to throw you off.

I don't think Bourbon has any calories or sugar does it? :rolleyes:
Saturday's I don't normally start eating until 1 or 130 and remember the Herf starts for me at 7pm. I normally switch to water half way through the Herf but if I go over my time its not very much I am having.

I have tried to structure my day to where I don't start eating until 1600. With a few "diet" Monsters and a lot of sugar/calorie-free drinks throughout the day, it's not too hard to maintain. I've tried to work out how I'm going to do Saturdays here, as my v-herf doesn't start until 0200 and I'm usually still going until the sun comes up. Last week I pushed back as long as I could -- until about 1800. That took me until 0200, and I definitely made the most of those 8 hours. However, I also knew I'd need something to stay awake, and after the 0200 hour I had a full-strength Monster (~ 300 calories) and had a Pepsi on standby incase I started feeling the cigars (didn't drink it). I don't know if I can hold out until 1800 every week, so I've just accepted that I'm probably going to exceed my parameters a bit on v-herf night. I try to keep it as low-cal as possible, though. I know it messes things up a bit, but I'm as strict as I can be every other day.

I have tried to structure my day to where I don't start eating until 1600. With a few "diet" Monsters and a lot of sugar/calorie-free drinks throughout the day, it's not too hard to maintain. I've tried to work out how I'm going to do Saturdays here, as my v-herf doesn't start until 0200 and I'm usually still going until the sun comes up. Last week I pushed back as long as I could -- until about 1800. That took me until 0200, and I definitely made the most of those 8 hours. However, I also knew I'd need something to stay awake, and after the 0200 hour I had a full-strength Monster (~ 300 calories) and had a Pepsi on standby incase I started feeling the cigars (didn't drink it). I don't know if I can hold out until 1800 every week, so I've just accepted that I'm probably going to exceed my parameters a bit on v-herf night. I try to keep it as low-cal as possible, though. I know it messes things up a bit, but I'm as strict as I can be every other day.

Trial and error, do what works best for you Nick.

I fast for 16 hours daily and live a keto lifestyle for the most part.

I highly recommend this app, I wish I had it from the first of the year (from Jan to March I lost more than 30 lbs)

99EAC62E-4A15-4608-AB41-5FC6B0900E2D.png

It’s called RedOver, and works with most smart scales...

By the way, this has been the easiest and most efficient weight lost system I’ve ever tried...

I highly recommend this app, I wish I had it from the first of the year (from Jan to March I lost more than 30 lbs)

View attachment 33664

It’s called RedOver, and works with most smart scales...

By the way, this has been the easiest and most efficient weight lost system I’ve ever tried...
is it maybe called Feelfit? I don't show RedOver on the apple app store

Yep, so easy to maintain and forgiving. It's also so easy to adjust on the go. Will never go back to any other way of eating.

Going pretty well for me so far. Haven't been on a scale, but have been sleeping noticeably better. Funny how I almost never ate breakfast before, but now that I know I can't in liking at the clock waiting for lunch constantly. 😂

Going pretty well for me so far. Haven't been on a scale, but have been sleeping noticeably better. Funny how I almost never ate breakfast before, but now that I know I can't in liking at the clock waiting for lunch constantly. 😂

Sleep definitely improves, good to hear. I was always bloated and losing weight sure helped that.

Funny what the brain can do to us. If you can conquer this and thinking you're constantly hungry, everything else is cake. Well, not cake cake, because that would be awesome.