• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don't Buy Cigars from Johnny-O!

I guess he likes smoking crappy cigars then. Why would you keep smoking them if they are so bad?

What does that tell you if you are one of his friends that he is handing out the cigars to? If I were one of those guys/gals it would be kick in crotch, you give us the stuff you don't like? WTF I would not pass out cigars I didn't like to any of my friends.

On the other hand if he told them they were from John, I would be like wow, what a great guy.

Funny how he has less and less cigars each time you talk to him.

1/23 George informs me he has 17 cigars and gives me the Encyclopedia Britanica on what an experienced smoker he is and that he has bought finer cigars all over the world. He also stated that he does not trust me and that I need to build up his trust.
I told him to follow up on his post at CP
1/24 In another nauseating message George says its obvious I don't want to resolve this, he is down to 14 cigars (out of 25) and is going to hand them out at a meeting Tuesday night
Does this mean we are out of popcorn? Personally I don't like this situation as you want BOTLs to enjoy your cigars. But I can't help the dude if he's gonna stay in Flake City. John[/QUOTE

Sounds like a real Fu$&ing asshat wackjob! Tell him to go F&$k himself. You don't need this asshole's business.

C

Reading all of this and seeing the great support you guys have for Johnny-O has made me very interested in his cigars. My next purchase may have to be through him :D

Quick and dirty review:

This Johnny O cigar was received September 2015, Canonazo (5 7/8 X 52).

Wrapper is very smooth with one medium-ish vein and no huge veins as you can see from the photo. Cut the head using a cutter closed on one side so as not to take too much off. Pre-light draw was just right, not too tight and not too loose. The cigar seemed to be very well bunched with no lumps or soft spots. The over-riding scent was a pretty typical tobacco. The cigar had a fresh smell but no ammonia notes. Smoked in the office while sitting at my desk with, sadly, nothing to drink but a 1/2 cup of coffee.

The first third:

Pretty typical salty, leathery flavors which one might associate with a Cuban cigar, with a perfect amount of smoke, not too much but more than enough to enjoy all the flavors in the cigar. A medium flavor profile without any edges. Not an enormously complex flavor profile, just the typical refined earthiness and tobacco flavors with a hint of leather. The burn to this point was very good, not outstanding, as it began to go a bit uneven but the ash was firm and held on for a while as can be seen in the photos.

The middle third the flavor profile remained virtually unchanged and the burn has deteriorated a bit, with one side burning a bit faster as you can see. Touched up the cigar with the torch and it was fine.
Still perfect amounts of smoke and no sharp edges noted. The consistency is rather surprising as some change in the profile is normally expected.

The last third, the burn deteriorated quite a bit at the end as can be seen in the photo and the flavor intensified a bit but still was not what I would call strong and the strength remained consistent at medium. Had to leave the office so I finished it up in the suburban while driving home.

All in it was a solid smoke which was enjoyable but not over the top and perhaps the cigars would get better with some age. As an everyday smoke it rates pretty high with me but at this stage is not make the list of special occasion cigars but is a solid smoke that beats most other cigars in that category. I would give, and have given, the cigar to friends to enjoy and the feedback has been positive from those who have smoked them.

Dang, whoopsie, I didn't mean to post this in this thread and hopefully no one will accuse me of threadjacking or the like. Sorry about that, but I don't wish to retype it in it's own thread. If it's not ok with everyone please let me know and I will edit it.

I'm new to this site but I am happy to say I have enjoyed several different vitolas of these fine cigars and just ordered a bundle of Shorts from John...here come my winter smokes!

Well...some of them anyway...LOL

I just ordered the Robusto Extras.....I can't wait to be disappointed. <--- that was sarcasm. :D

John has been very pleasant to deal with, and I truly look forward to getting these RE's in hand.

Dang, whoopsie, I didn't mean to post this in this thread and hopefully no one will accuse me of threadjacking or the like. Sorry about that, but I don't wish to retype it in it's own thread. If it's not ok with everyone please let me know and I will edit it.

Enjoyed the review, and I thought having it posted here was apposite...