• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

**** Edicion Limitada ****

LMAO :D

Pete, the mystery smoke is the blind smoke in your pass. Although, I already know what it is....... :)

On another note........

Since September 11, 2001, Americans have come together as never before in our generation. We have banded together to overcome tremendous adversity. We have weathered direct attacks on our own soil, wars overseas, corporate scandal, layoffs, unemployment, stock price plunges, droughts, fires, and a myriad of economic and physical disasters both great and small.

But now, we must come together once again to overcome our greatest challenge yet. Hundreds of Major League Baseball players in our very own nation are living at, just below, or in most cases far above the seven-figure salary level. And as if that weren't bad enough they could be deprived of their life-giving pay for several months, possibly longer, as a result of the upcoming strike situation. But you can help! For only $20,835 a month, about $694.50 a day (that's less than the cost of a large screen projection TV) you can help a MLB player remain economically viable during his time of need. This contribution by no means solves the problem as it barely covers the annual minimum salary, but it's a start, and every little bit will help!

Although $700 may not seem like a lot of money to you, to a baseball player it could mean the difference between spending the strike golfing in Florida or on a Mediterranean cruise. For you, seven hundred dollars is nothing more than a month's rent, half a mortgage payment, two unemployment checks, or a month of medical insurance with COBRA, but to a baseball player, $700 will partially replace his daily salary. Your commitment of less than $700 a day will enable a player to buy that home entertainment center, trade in the year-old Lexus for a new Ferrari, or enjoy a weekend in Rio.

HOW WILL I KNOW I'M HELPING?

Each month, you will receive a complete financial report on the player you sponsor. Detailed information about his stocks, bonds, 401(k), real estate, and other investment holdings will be mailed to your home. Plus, upon signing up for this program, you will receive an unsigned photo of the player lounging during the strike on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean (for a signed photo, please include an additional $150). Put the photo on your refrigerator to remind you of other peoples' suffering.

HOW WILL HE KNOW I'M HELPING?

Your MLB player will be told that he has a SPECIAL FRIEND who just wants to help in a time of need. Although the player won't know your name, he will be able to make collect calls to your home via a special operator in case additional funds are needed for unforeseen expenses.

YES, I WANT TO HELP!

I would like to sponsor a striking MLB player. My preference is checked below:

[ ] Infielder

[ ] Outfielder

[ ] Starting Pitcher

[ ] Ace Pitcher

[ ] Entire team (Please call our 900 number to ask for the cost of a specific team - $10 per minute)

[ ] Alex Rodriguez (Higher cost: $60,000 per day)

Please charge the account listed below $694.50 per day for the player for the duration of the strike. Please send me a picture of the player I have sponsored, along with an Alex Rodriguez 2001 Income Statement and my very own Donald Fehr MLB Players Union pin to wear proudly on my hat (include $80 for hat).

[ ] MasterCard [ ] Visa [ ] American Express [ ] Discover

Your Name: _______________________

Telephone Number: _______________________

Account Number: _______________________

Exp.Date: _______________________

Signature: _______________________

Alternate card (when the primary card exceeds its credit limit):

[ ] MasterCard [ ] Visa [ ] American Express [ ] Discover

Your Name: _______________________

Telephone Number: _______________________

Account Number: _______________________

Exp.Date: _______________________

Signature: _______________________

Mail completed form to MLB Players Union or call 1-900-0086-THE-FANS now to enroll by phone ($10 per minute). Disclaimer: Sponsors are not permitted to contact the player they have sponsored, either in person or by other means including, but not limited to, telephone calls, letters, e-mail, or third parties. Contributions are not tax-deductible.

:D

If the strike happens......it's gonna be a looooooong time before I go watch a game...if ever. :angry:

I'm with Devin. Funny it has just been this year that I sort of started watching baseball again. And even that was pretty casual. With all the 'I need a multi-million dollar stadium or I'll take my team elsewhere' owners and the 'It's not about the money, it's about principle' players (with their $2 million average sallary) I have found other things to do with my feeble little mind.... :sign:

I guess some of us just did not like being blackmailed, not that we didn't need the new ones.

Although, I kind of liked the reputation that Philly had, as most football players were scared to play in our stadium.... :0

Pete, the box is on the way. :)

0301 0120 0010 7844 4160

I guess my addiction to baseball came back in the 60's..grew up in Wrigley Field..out in the cheap seats. I'll still watch a few innings of a Cubs home game just to look at Wrigley. :thumbs:

Well, being a sports lighting manufacturer I guess I have a bias..LMAO.

And, Horse.....Cubs fan, Bud man and this is for life! :)

***Catch up time!!***

k1 has in formed me the box pass is in the capable hands of the USPS and on its way home. Whew. We'll figure out the blindsmoke gig shortly! :D

Devin thanks! I'll let you know when it arrives. :thumbs:

Matt maybe you can come up here and sell some lights when they build the new stadium for the Twinkies. :sign:

Horse...Go Cubs... :p

**** Final Pass Update!!***

Box finally came home after several months of being gone. I can sum it up in one word: Cripes!

Thanks to everyone who participated. The cigars are some great looking stock and the extra's are...well...lets say very much appreciated. :0

I'll get with k1 in regard to the blindsmoke challenge so stay tuned for more info. Thanks again to all you fine folks, hope you enjoyed it!!

Devin, box received. Thanks bro! That is one fine looking cigar too!! Looks like I may have to make LoL II afterall just to hand you something in return... :thumbs:

:0 What your not going to be at LOLH II? Damn and I was looking forward to herfing one or several with ya.

Bro, thank you for the opportunity of being able to be part of your great pass!

:D :thumbs: :D

Once we receive the results of the blind smoke challenge, I will ask Dave to retire this pass thread.

Thanks! :)

Ever wonder where the word **** comes from?

Well, here it is:

Certain types of manure used to be transported (as everything was, years ago) by ship. In dry form it weighed a lot less than when wet, but once water (at sea) hit it, it not only became heavier, but the process of fermentation began again, of which a byproduct is methane gas.

As the stuff was stored below decks in bundles you can see what could(and did) happen. Methane began to build up below decks and the first time someone came below at night with a lantern, BOOOOM!

Several ships were destroyed in this manner before it was discovered what was happening.

After that, the bundles of manure were always stamped with the term "S.H.I.T" on them which meant to the sailors to "Ship High In Transit." In other words, high enough off the lower decks so that any water that came into the hold would not touch this volatile cargo and start the production of methane.

Bet you didn't know the history of that word.

Neither did I.

I always thought it was a golf term

Well Devin, all good things must come to an end...

Good call on ending this. I'll get with Kerry pretty quick, but I'm off to Colorado next week for some 4x4ing in the mountains. :D

Might have to be the following week. :thumbs: