• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Election 2004 Pass

Corrected put/takes

Takes:
#24 CAO Brazilla Samba
#29 Gurka Ltd. Exp. Toro
#25 Carlos Torano Exodus Gold

Puts:
#34 Perdomo Reserve (La Tradition) #4 Maduro
#35 RyJ Reserve Maduro Churchill
#36 Ashton Monarch
#37 Montecristo Platinum

I thought puts/takes were good, obviously I was wrong. Please excuse my ignorance.

Thanks cohibasurfer, I was able to correct.

psyktek it's on the way

DC # 0304 0370 0001 6397 2274

Thanks for letting me participate.

cohibasurfer said:
Did you look at your P&T's GP?

Let me lay it out for you.... ballpark.

Takes
#19 Diamond Crown Maximus DC Maduro 17.50 (if you can find them)
#20 La Flor Dominicana Chisel maduro 6.25 (if you can find them)

Puts
#30 Padron 1964 Exclusivo 9.20
#31 RyJ Vintage III 4.80
#32 Astral Talanga Valley Robusto 2.80
#33 Indiana Tobac Super Furte Toro Maduro 2.40
For the sake of a learning lession for the group I beg to differ:

Ill agree it is hard to find prices for these two cigars. I and my wife did a google and found only 1 hit for each of these ciagrs in question using google. I did attempt to do my research though.

The Diamond Crown I found was online retail for $13.XX (box price). I matched that with the price for the PAMS which I bought in Ft. Wayne (I used box price) and they ran the same range. Maybe the Maximus's were on sale that week but that was when I looked them up. Here is a more pricy one but still under your price: http://www.thetobaccoshop.com/Cigars/Diamo...imus-Cigars.htm Comes to $15.32 and this is a basic retail shop.

I'll grant you that the Exclusivos used to run cheaper and sometimes "list" for less in some places but that doesn't mean they are in inventory. They are only "available in inventory" for closer to $300+ now from my sources. Ya, you may find it listed cheaper but with the $25-$40/box increase that occured this summer your going to pay closer to $300+ for a box in actual inventory. Your $230/box is unrealistic for PAM's considering the price increase. Standart price was around $265ish before the price increase.

Maybe you have connections...I bought some Dunhill's for .33/ea once too :thumbs:

The La Flor Dominicana I found listed online after a tough search for $5.XX. Here is another link I just found
Chisel($5.34).

The RyJ III will run you between $5 & $6.50 both online and local . Ya I found III's online for your quoted price but they turned out to be overcut seconds being marketed as 1st.

If CoventryCat86 takes issue with my p/t's he knows I am good for it and am willing to make him happy.

I was only able to find 1 hit for each of the above cigars (DC & LD) using google so my valuation capabilities were limited but sincere. That is what I came up with after 2 hours of surfing using Google.

I again say that If CoventryCat86 takes issue with my p/t's he knows I am good for it and am willing to make him happy.

Bravo Joe!

Nice recovery! I commend the effort. IMO no harm no foul ... NEWBIE! ;)

For those of you interested in this little side action, PM's have been going back and forth at least between myself and CC who will make the final call in my situation.

Just a little bump in the road...nothing to see...move on ;)

Gunpowder said:
cohibasurfer said:
Did you look at your P&T's GP?

Let me lay it out for you.... ballpark.

Takes
#19 Diamond Crown Maximus DC Maduro 17.50 (if you can find them)
#20 La Flor Dominicana Chisel maduro 6.25 (if you can find them)

Puts
#30 Padron 1964 Exclusivo 9.20
#31 RyJ Vintage III 4.80
#32 Astral Talanga Valley Robusto 2.80
#33 Indiana Tobac Super Furte Toro Maduro 2.40
For the sake of a learning lession for the group I beg to differ:

Ill agree it is hard to find prices for these two cigars. I and my wife did a google and found only 1 hit for each of these ciagrs in question using google. I did attempt to do my research though.

The Diamond Crown I found was online retail for $13.XX (box price). I matched that with the price for the PAMS which I bought in Ft. Wayne (I used box price) and they ran the same range. Maybe the Maximus's were on sale that week but that was when I looked them up. Here is a more pricy one but still under your price: http://www.thetobaccoshop.com/Cigars/Diamo...imus-Cigars.htm Comes to $15.32 and this is a basic retail shop.

I'll grant you that the Exclusivos used to run cheaper and sometimes "list" for less in some places but that doesn't mean they are in inventory. They are only "available in inventory" for closer to $300+ now from my sources. Ya, you may find it listed cheaper but with the $25-$40/box increase that occured this summer your going to pay closer to $300+ for a box in actual inventory. Your $230/box is unrealistic for PAM's considering the price increase. Standart price was around $265ish before the price increase.

Maybe you have connections...I bought some Dunhill's for .33/ea once too :thumbs:

The La Flor Dominicana I found listed online after a tough search for $5.XX. Here is another link I just found
Chisel($5.34).

The RyJ III will run you between $5 & $6.50 both online and local . Ya I found III's online for your quoted price but they turned out to be overcut seconds being marketed as 1st.

If CoventryCat86 takes issue with my p/t's he knows I am good for it and am willing to make him happy.

I was only able to find 1 hit for each of the above cigars (DC & LD) using google so my valuation capabilities were limited but sincere. That is what I came up with after 2 hours of surfing using Google.

I again say that If CoventryCat86 takes issue with my p/t's he knows I am good for it and am willing to make him happy.
GP your reply is nonsense and you know it!

I'm not going to go on with you and pull hairs one by one. I PM'd CC before posting anything. So you can make good with him I'm sure.

It's just that as long as you've been around, and that you have also participated in some of these very pass disscusions in the past, that you would consiously make this play is beyond belief. You found it prudent to shop online for the cheapest possible DC Maximus price, but can't seem to find a cheaper PAN price is ludicrous!
And even if you were narrow mindedly to find only a 300 PAN box price (which is ridiculous) the value is $12 vs $15. Nickle and dime I know... but I see your motives non the less. The rest of the play is just as callous.

To think you would try to genuinely dismiss this crap this way, but in prior point fingers at the 2 Newbies, shows me all I need to know.

DIAMOND CROWN
Name Each Box Price
Box Count
Size
ROBUSTO NUMBER 1 $18.00 $270.00
8.5x54
ROBUSTO NUMBER 2 $16.00 $240.00
7.5x54
ROBUSTO NUMBER 3 $13.50 $202.50
6.5x54
ROBUSTO NUMBER 4 $10.50 $157.50
5.5x54
ROBUSTO NUMBER 5 $ 9.50 $142.50
4.5x54
FIGURADO NUMBER 6 $19.00 $285.00
6x54
PYRAMID NUMBER 7 $17.50 $262.50
6.75x54
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PADRON ANNIVERSARY
EXCLUSIVO $ 9.20 $218.50
5.5x50
EXCLUSIVO MADURO $10.20 $242.25
5.5x50
MONARCA $ 9.20 $218.50
6.5x46
MONARCA MADURO $10.20 $242.25
6.5x46
DIPLOMATICO $10.20 $242.25
7x50
DIPLOMATICO MADURO $12.20 $289.75
7x50
IMPERIALE $13.20 $313.50
6x54
IMPERIALE MADURO $14.20 $337.25

PIRIMIDE $12.20 $289.75
6.87x52
PIRIMIDE MADURO $13.20 $313.50
6.87x52
TORPEDO $14.20 $269.80
6x52
TORPEDO MADURO $15.20 $288.80
6x52
PRINCIPE $ 7.20 $171.00
4.5x46
PRINCIPE MADURO $ 8.20 $194.75
4.5x46
SUPERIOR $ 8.20 $194.75
6.5x42
SUPERIOR MADURO $ 9.20 $218.50

CORONA $ 8.20 $194.75
6x42
CORONA MADURO $ 9.20 $218.50
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
McCrainies ;)

I still think a CP price guide would be a good idea. That way, there's nothing to argue about. Everyone will go into trades, passes, etc knowing exactly what their sticks are worth and what others on this board will value their sticks at. Yes, there is a price difference from one part of the country to another... so use an acceptable online retailer as a median.

"High-end Lotto" said:
If you are paying $8 for a common $4 stick, you need to find another tobacconist.

Just a suggestion.

GP and CS should each send the next participant (or me if its easier) the best cigar that they own. :D

much love BOTLs!!!

the way i see it, and please don't take this as dircted at anybody...people who partcipate in passes are either generous, or not. ??? i mean so what?!?! in the end the ones who are generous are the ones who get to be in alot of passes and trades, and the ones who aren't....don't.

bottom line? thou reapeth what thou sows...

"father" barney

It's really simple: If your P&Ts are called into question, the honorable thing to do is to send the original "takes" to catch up with the pass.

No whining, no hesitation, no excuses.

cohibasurfer said:
And I have PM'd Joe!

So let me get to Cameroon4me:

Put's

#25 Carlos Torano Exodus Gold 3.73
# 26 AVO Classic #3 4.85
#27 CAO Anniv. Maduro Churchill 4.40
#28 CAO Anniv. Black Belicoso 4.60
#29 Gurka LTD Expedition Toro 3.55

Take's
#17 Ashton VSG 9.25
#21 Oliva Bold 3.60
#23 Paddy 1964 10.40

Let me see... how do I put this....

<cough>BULL****<cough>
Gentlemen,
After getting home from work today, I see that my portion of this pass has hit the fan! Let me apologize in advance for any hard feelings, it certainly was not intentional to short anyone. I am honored to be a part of cigarpass, and do not want this to stain my reputation.

I do have to say that the valuations of my sticks noted in the quote seem to be quite lower than what I had valued them myself, particularly the AVO #3, which I have not been able to find at the meager $4.85. I have however found them in the 8.50 to 9.00 range. Most of the other sticks I based on a 5 pack purchase using cigarinternationals website. If you look, most of them fall inbetween the 4.50 and 6 dollar level, and I thought I was doing ok. Obviously I was mistaken, and I apologize for that.

I certainly will make up for any shortcomings, it was not my intent to rob any of the other BOTL's of an opportunity.

As a side note, as I have read all of the posts that were submitted to this point, I see there were many pm's flying back and forth.....I have received a whopping NONE! ???

Lastly, as this is only my second pass, I cannot speak from a lot of experience obviously,but I do know that on the first pass, pricing was included on the sheet so that this type of confusion could be kept to a minimum.

Please let me know what needs to be done to correct this, and I will make it so!

Sincerely,
John V.

All I can say is I searched the net and found only 1 hit for each item. I got the ok post that all was acceptable so I mailed it forward. I read the above initial post so I pmed the host to see what was up. I was told by him that mine were ok. and that it was others.

I feel I made a good faith attempt with the prices available to me but some here seem to not be satisfied to the extent of dragging my reputation through the ****. I feel sorry for the next guy.

Items are being forward to the next particapant. Keep my puts.

Man o Man....figures this would pop up in an election pass....its almost like watching the debates on tv..:)

I concur with Vewyphishy about a CP price guide to solve this bumps in the road....and I will put forth the offer of compiling the information.

Paul

OK ladies, basic rule of thumb... If you are not sure, ask the host! Or ask someone who has been around for a while. The first 5 passes I participated in I always ran my P's & T's past the host. You know the old saying "better to be safe then sorry" Now can we just get on with the pass! ???

Joe.M's softy side has made me all squishy :p

By the way John V.

Nice Classy reponse. Handled with style.

<cough>kudos<cough>

That's my way of publicly apologizing

PM sent.

cohibasurfer said:
Joe.M's softy side has made me all squishy :p

By the way John V.

Nice Classy reponse. Handled with style.

<cough>kudos<cough>

That's my way of publicly apologizing

PM sent.
Thanks Michael for the PM. Thats all that anyone can ask is to have some constructive advice given when these things come up.

Now, per Mingus Monks suggestion, if someone would be kind enough to pm me with the addresses of the next two stops, I will do my best to send out the two sticks that I haven't smoked "the PAM and the Ashton", back to the pass as soon as I can. I think this is the honorable thing to do. ;)

If anyone after me in the pass wants to claim one or both of these sticks, I will send them direct.

Again, thanks for letting me play,

John V.