• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Escudo Navy de Luxe ‘03

H. Vachon

King of the Hobo Hut
This morning I tried my first pull from the 720 pass. This is a new one for me but I’ve seen a lot of people reference this blend so I was excited for the opportunity to try it!

Escudo Navy de Luxe
Tinned in 2003
58DF2AA5-FF99-40FA-B7BF-F0668B9B6B71.jpeg

After doing some research, I learned in 2000 A&C Petersen has been bought by Orlik but when this was tinned in 2003 it was still blended in the A&C factory in Horsens, Denmark. 2004 was when they switched the trademark to Orlik/STG. I’ve seen reviews that the STG blend was not as good as the original or the A&C Petersen blend. I won’t have an opinion on that until I buy a new tin (which I fully intend to do after this first bowl)

Tin note: Grass and dried fruit. Fairly sweet, but not aromatic sweet.
DAC41F69-DA2D-443A-8AA0-4D8A0E09695C.jpeg

The charing light was very heavy with milk chocolate. Strangely enough this was the only time I ever caught any cocoa notes.

Ten minutes in:
The Virginias brought a sweet hay and a tart fruit to the table. It had a sour mouth feel, not in a bad way, but it kind of made my mouth water a bit the same way a sour candy does, but it was mild and enjoyable. The Perique has a noticeable spice to it, but not as forward as Bayou Morning (my Perique experience is limited at best) The finish last from one set to the next. Off to a great start.

Thirty minutes in:
For how relatively dry this coin felt, there is a ton of moisture collecting in the bowl and stem. At one point I had to take off the stem and blow it out because it was working it’s way into my mouth, which was less than pleasant. The tart fruit has developed into a sweet fig type flavor. Still has a little spice to it as well. The retrohale was smooth and cool through the whole bowl.

One hour in:
The flavor has remained consistent. The relights seemed much more frequent towards the bottom of the bowl. I would recommend taking this blend slow. If you puff too fast. It developed a bitter taste and started to bite. When this happened, I let it go out and rested for five minutes before lighting again and the rest of the bowl was smooth.

Final thoughts:
This was a very enjoyable blend. I’m sure being 17 years old had a lot to do with it, but I’m excited to try a fresh tin. This was great with a cup of coffee while listening to my baseball podcast.
Would I recommend to a friend?

Absolutely, if you are a big fan of VaPers, you’ve undoubtably heard of this blend. But if you are looking to get into VaPers, this would be a great blend to try.
I would rate Navy de Luxe as a 4/5 star