• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

F1 Fantasy League 2023

modo22

If anyone is interested, a small group of us played in a fantasy F1 league last season. It is ran through the Formula 1 website, but does not open up until Feb. 27th. It is basically like daily fantasy sports where you have a starting budget and have to select 5 racers and two teams. Once the site is up for people to sign in, you will be able to see the scoring rules and such. First race of the year is March 5th; you would set your lineup before qualifying and away we go. You can change your lineup each week if you want to, or leave it for several weeks or the whole season, its up to you.

Last year we played for a 5er and last place got a gift from 1st. If you are interested in playing, let me know here. Anyone can play, you don't need to be a diehard fan. No asshats and If you have been on CP for less than a year, I will ask that you send your entry 5er before the season starts.

I will post the link to join our CP league once it is open!

In so far:
Modo22
kann
PaulTra
H. Vachon
CigarStone
SmellySell
CgarDan
CBoukal
drunkfish
Condaddy

Here are some hints/things to know that some of us learned last year.

Obviously, you have a salary of 100m and have to pick 5 drivers and 2 constructors within that budget; you then select one of those drivers to receive double their points (the DRS Boost). Scoring is explained in the “FAQs” and “Game Rules” tab on the site

**There are 2 key things to know:

1. Once you set a team, you don’t have to make changes if you don’t want to. The team that you lock in for this weekend can stay as your lineup each week if you don’t want or have the time to make changes.

2. If you WANT TO CHANGE your team up after this weekend, you must make those changes before that upcoming race’s qualifying session. Your team will lock once qualifying starts. (I did read that this year you can make changes after qualifying but you get a negative 10 points for that….that is new this year, not sure how it works).
So on that note, if you make substitutions to your team in a given week, you get 2 free subs, then each sub after that you lose -4 points. Again, read the FAQs/Game Rules on the site.

Last edited:
How many people do you need/want?
It is kind of like our best ball league, it is just based on who has the most points at the end of the season...so we don't need a certain amount.

Last year we only had 4 players since we started it with hours to go before the first race weekend...but we paid out 1st place only. If we get to more people, we could pay out more places.

Doesn't matter to me. Just be aware that this does not have an app and it is web based and last year was not user friendly to start....but maybe they updated it?

Gents, here is the link to join the league;

I am not sure if you have to enter this code or not, but here it is jus tin case; C32MDM7XM10

At first you will have to register with F1 site. It will then have you pick a team (line up of 5 drivers and 2 teams/constructors)....it is annoying it makes you do this right away, but you can always change it later before the weekend.

This is not the most user friendly sign up, so let me know if you have issues.

Can I just picked Hamilton every week? Jamie Lynn taught him to do backflips at Baldface. That is the limit of my F1 "knowledge", so he's my favorite driver. I think he's good too, right?

Can I just picked Hamilton every week? Jamie Lynn taught him to do backflips at Baldface. That is the limit of my F1 "knowledge", so he's my favorite driver. I think he's good too, right?
yes, you can! You just have to build a team around him based on salary.

yes, you can! You just have to build a team around him based on salary.
He's honestly the only driver I can name, so I'm letting it auto pick for me. Obviously it auto picked him, so I'm good to go for this week!