• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fake PSD4

The source has been sent to me, and from what I have heard over the years, they are in fact reliable. It's possible Jhet received a fake box from this retailer, anything is possible. My problem with this issue is that it's not the first time it's come up. Just last summer we had a problem with someone selling fakes unknowingly. It comes down to people dabbling in something they know nothing or little about.

I've been considering halting all ISOM sales/trades. It's not worth the headache anymore. The last thing I want are fakes floating around the community.

At this point, the best thing to do is for the original cigars to go back to the seller, and the seller refund the buyers money. Never assume that what you purchase is guaranteed to be 100% authentic. ANYTHING is possible. Hell, even if I were to purchase a box of cigars from LCDH I'd still examine them closely to ensure their authenticity. Like I said, anything is possible - what if someone returned a fake box of cigars they purchased elsewhere, only to trade them out for something else. Don't most retailers offer you to return unopened boxes in exchange for something else? I'm sure it's happened before. My point is don't dabble in something you're not 100% familiar with. Even if he did purchase these cigars from the "trusted source", it's still possible the "trusted source" ended up with a fake box somehow.

Amen Todd!

And I'll also add that some of these "so called reliable sources" ain't so reliable!! Just in case anyone hasn't noticed, puros venders are popping up left and right.... :whistling:

The source has been sent to me, and from what I have heard over the years, they are in fact reliable. It's possible Jhet received a fake box from this retailer, anything is possible. My problem with this issue is that it's not the first time it's come up. Just last summer we had a problem with someone selling fakes unknowingly. It comes down to people dabbling in something they know nothing or little about.

I've been considering halting all ISOM sales/trades. It's not worth the headache anymore. The last thing I want are fakes floating around the community.

At this point, the best thing to do is for the original cigars to go back to the seller, and the seller refund the buyers money. Never assume that what you purchase is guaranteed to be 100% authentic. ANYTHING is possible. Hell, even if I were to purchase a box of cigars from LCDH I'd still examine them closely to ensure their authenticity. Like I said, anything is possible - what if someone returned a fake box of cigars they purchased elsewhere, only to trade them out for something else. Don't most retailers offer you to return unopened boxes in exchange for something else? I'm sure it's happened before. My point is don't dabble in something you're not 100% familiar with. Even if he did purchase these cigars from the "trusted source", it's still possible the "trusted source" ended up with a fake box somehow.

Amen Todd!

And I'll also add that some of these "so called reliable sources" ain't so reliable!! Just in case anyone hasn't noticed, puros venders are popping up left and right.... :whistling:

C'mon, Lee - just because there's all kinds of vendors popping up doesn't mean they're peddling fakes!!! What - thems the real thing, I tell ya!!!

I know it's on to a different topic, but eBay is GREAT source for real cheap Rolex's. What? Really - they're real and they're cheap!!! You can just tell by lookin' at 'em!!! :thumbs:

I saw these cigars the other night and they are fake.

I don't think we will ever get the answer about the box.

MOBIG post on here when you get your refund.

I pm'd Jesus. I will refund the money. I'll will say again that I don't have ANY 54g cigars!NONE(!), and the Cohiba that I do have thats a 52 is bigger then the remaining PSD4's from the same box. Never the less, I'm refunding the money

MOBIG This done yet?

DG

Not yet last PM I got he was saying how upset he was about everyone speaking out and adding comments about situation and that he was going to leave the PASS so I don’t think he’s going to send anything. But I would like to thank all my BOTL for helping me out. It’s a lesson learn..

Not yet last PM I got he was saying how upset he was about everyone speaking out and adding comments about situation and that he was going to leave the PASS so I don’t think he’s going to send anything. But I would like to thank all my BOTL for helping me out. It’s a lesson learn..

That's funny, since as I recall, most if not all of the speaking out was about the cigar in question, not the seller. I think most of us were willing to believe he had been duped by a normally safe vendor. His reluctance to provide the dimensions of the box, and disappearance, don't speak well for his willingness to help the community determine how these fakes may have gotten into the legitimate system.

Absent his willingness to help figure this out, all of his defenses seem less likely.

That's very odd behavior for an innocent man. It's spot on though for one who isn't.

NA

Sad... Truly sad...

For the cost of a couple of cigars, jeht's lost something pretty doggone valuable and he's too naive to realize it or do what's right...

Hasn't sign in since: "Last Seen: 11th February 2009 - 10:50 AM"

But he has been on another board

Habano Heaven > Favorite CC from 07' (18 replies - 352 views)
- Last Post: Wed Feb 18th, 2009 06:38 pm

Makes you wonder. Still hope he makes things right.

DG

Just a update on this. Mike promised me on Feb 11 to refund my money for the fake PSD4. He said it would go out no later than Monday the 16th. I will post his last PM to me. This does not look like it will happen. He has not answered any PM's I have sent here or on another board he posts on. In my opinion he should be considered for the scumbag list. I do not post on the other boards but people should be aware that he is not to be trusted.

TOOO much drama for me. I'm done after this. Its suppose to be an outlet, and fun, and its neither. This shit had me stressed out!! I'm as honest as they come, and would NEVER try and rip anyone off. No matter the amount. I will get your money out to you by monday( will be working a long stretch) at the latest! Have a good one.

Mike

Just a update on this. Mike promised me on Feb 11 to refund my money for the fake PSD4. He said it would go out no later than Monday the 16th. I will post his last PM to me. This does not look like it will happen. He has not answered any PM's I have sent here or on another board he posts on. In my opinion he should be considered for the scumbag list. I do not post on the other boards but people should be aware that he is not to be trusted.

TOOO much drama for me. I'm done after this. Its suppose to be an outlet, and fun, and its neither. This shit had me stressed out!! I'm as honest as they come, and would NEVER try and rip anyone off. No matter the amount. I will get your money out to you by monday( will be working a long stretch) at the latest! Have a good one.

Mike
If he doesn't settle up then he's lying about being honest. Big surprise. I don't think he tried to rip anybody off. I think he got burned... didn't know it... and burned other people because he didn't know any better. The fact that he didn't man up and cop to it says all about him anyone needs to know. Definitely an undesirable.

NA

I highly doubt this guy even got his cigars from the source he stated (I know the source). More than likely when Mobig/Jesus smelled something funny, he (the seller) sought out a fairly well-known and reliable source and moved the blame from himself to another. His absence since 02/11/09 only confirms that this is the type of behaviour he'd partake in.

Mike
If he doesn't settle up then he's lying about being honest. Big surprise. I don't think he tried to rip anybody off. I think he got burned... didn't know it... and burned other people because he didn't know any better. The fact that he didn't man up and cop to it says all about him anyone needs to know. Definitely an undesirable.

NA

Same story as before - different name... This happens way too often.

I never had any personal interactions with jeht - but from what I've seen on the boards he didn't seem like a bad guy. He's another tragic example of getting caught up in the "newbie" frenzy to have forbidden fruit - and clearly had no clue of the responsibilty he had when selling what he was picking up to his brothers on this board.

In over his head - and drowned...

It's a dadgummed shame - people here tried to teach him how to swim - he just wouldn't have any part of it... :rolleyes:

I highly doubt this guy even got his cigars from the source he stated (I know the source). More than likely when Mobig/Jesus smelled something funny, he (the seller) sought out a fairly well-known and reliable source and moved the blame from himself to another. His absence since 02/11/09 only confirms that this is the type of behaviour he'd partake in.

In his defense I asked him the source before I bought them and the source he told me was legit. Now if he really got them there that is a different question. It is a shame because he did seem like a decent guy.

This whole thing is a bummer. While he's not the first to just walk away from the board when things didn't go the way he had hoped, I hope he realizes that without resolution this fiasco will follow him around to other boards.