• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fat Tire beer

bfreebern said:
other1 said:
This decision was greatly influenced by the fact I can also order my all time favorite beer from them, Orval :love:
Is it anything like Chimay :love: ? If so, I'll have to give it a try.
Yes, but much better. :0

Chimay was my favorite before I discovered Orval.

wish they carried it on the East Coast :( . I was going to buy a case but with the shipping charges it ended up to be over $70 for a case of beer....I wasnt willing to go that far.

other1 said:
bfreebern said:
other1 said:
This decision was greatly influenced by the fact I can also order my all time favorite beer from them, Orval :love:
Is it anything like Chimay :love: ? If so, I'll have to give it a try.
Yes, but much better. :0

Chimay was my favorite before I discovered Orval.
Wow, something else we can agree on Other1 :D

Orval is the sh|t!! Better yet it is easy to find it in a normal sized bottle instead of that dumb @ss wine bottle most dealers carry for Chimay. For a while a grocery near me had Orval in 4 packs but then started to break the 4 packs up and sell the singles for $5 each. Oh well.

Another nice one for a change up is Duvel, sort of a cross between a Pilsner and a Belgian ale. 9% alc by volume to boot :thumbs:

IMO Fat Tire is better than Chimay, except when you take its price into factor. If Chimay was the same price as Fat Tire I would like it a little better, but when you can get 6 Fat Tires for 1 tardo size bottle of Chimay there is a reason Fat Tire is almost always in my fridge.

-MAtt-

vewyphishy said:
mmm... Fat Tire on tap is delicious.

But my new beer of choice is Shiner Heferweizen. Can't beat it. :thumbs:
Shiner's Hefeweizen is very good but their yeast is a bit chunky when you rouse it.
If you like the Shiner let me recommend you try Erdinger from Germany, the yeast will cloud in the glass of beer instead of clump. Sort of a picky detail like the color of a cigar's ash I suppose.

But then again we can say to most of the folks here, "Nah Nah I can drink Shiner and You can't" and there are big bonus points for that. :D

Matt

txmatt said:
Shiner's Hefeweizen is very good but their yeast is a bit chunky when you rouse it.
True... but its only Hefeweizen that's readily available at the local stores. :)

I always hoped there'd be more beer talk on the boards.

I've had fat tire, and it's good, but it was a little too "weak" for me. Still a million times better than the normal macrobrews. My favorites right now are Stone's Arrogant Bastard Ale, Stone's Imperial Russian Stout, and 3 Floyd's Dreadnaught. All of those beers are upwards of 7% alcohol and just massive. Anyone had either?

I had a good afternoon today, my Mother-In-Law is in town so I had an afternoon free to myself. I stopped in a cigar shop, picked up 5 I sticks haven't had before and talked polictics with another patron in the shop. He was smoking a LFD El Jocko Natural; I had a Montesino Sun Grown Belicoso. Its been years since I have had a Montesino, this was my first sun grown and it was quite nice. After about an hour and a half there I went to Half Priced books and picked up about 20 CDs from the $1 and $3 clearance disks, I found quite a lot of nice ones. I took a trip to Target did a tour of then end caps for clearance items and only found a few coloring books for my boy. I finished up the trip to target by going through the beer Isle not expecting to find anything good. To my suprise they had Fat Tire there on the shelf. I got home and my copy of Michael Jackson's Beer Guide that I ordered used off of Amazon last week had arrived.

I am now sitting here flipping the pages of the book and sipping a Fat Tire. Life is good. :)

-Matt-

Just got done w/ a 4-day vacation [reading break] and went to Colorado to go skiing.
Saw signs for this one everywhere, so of course had to try it.

yum.
:thumbs:

Well, had a silver lining to what was truly a bad day. In a large town due to a funeral and stopped in at Wal-Mart afterwards to get a few things-swim trunks for relatives staying at a hotel. I'm looking around and just happen to scan the alcohol aisle and what do I see??? FAT TIRE!! I was just floored-liquor stores don't even carry it. Anyone else have an experience like this?? Saw some Boulevard stuff too, looked like it was made by the same company, but didn't have time to check it out.

Yeah, 3 posts up: I found it at Target! I hope that this wider distribution doesn't end up changing the product.

I also recently found a beer I haven't had in awhile at the grocery. Dixie Brewing Co. Blackened Voodoo Ale.. :love:

MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BEEEEeeeeeeEEEEeeeRRRRRRRRRRR

Im gonna have to call on a good BOTL to help me out! I checked here in Michigan and we cant get it Fat Tire here. Also, I checked the online sources, the shipping and handling is outrageous.
Anyone up for a beer swap? We have several microbrews here in Michigan, I would be glad to do a deal. Im just looking for a 6 pack to try, with shipping and handling they wanted close to $25 bucks ( Ouch)

Here's to good beer!
JV

You guys are funny. That stuff is as available out here as Coors. For you east coasters looking for it, try Wegman's grocery stores. They carry it.

I think Alaskan Amber is far better, but may be even less available on the right coast. Look for Magic Hat brewing's products. They are very good and made in Vermont.

If you'd like really good beer, look for products from North Coast Brewing and Rogue. The best beers in the country come out of Oregon...or so my tongue says.

The surprise of finding Fat Tire continues. I live in a town of 1400 people, a 21st century Mayberry RFD if there ever was one. At any rate, I headed to the legion so I could smoke my Partagas black robusto, but it was closed. I went on over to the bar and ordered a drink, lit up, and watched the Indianapolis game monday night. What did I see when I was almost done? I noticed they had Fat Tire on tap!!. This whole time, I've been driving thirty miles or more to find this damn beer, and it was downtown the whole time!. Will wonders ever cease? :) :D :D :D

Cant find it locally here in chicago..

but as luck would have it I was in Vegas over the weekend.. and drank enough FAT TIRE...to give me a fat tire..

Overall quality of this beer was inpressive.. Now if i can only track some down locally.. :)...

BTW way JIMMY BUFFETS MARGARITAVILLE carries this beer ...

I just brought a case back from out west. Me and a buddy will down it this weekend. :D

T minuts one hour and thirty minutes before I head to the bar to smoke a cigar and have a great Fat Tire right from the tap. :) :D

cigarsarge said:
Fat Tire is better from the tap. :D
I've never thought about it that much before, but you are 110% correct. Talked to the bar owner last night, he runs four taps and three of the four are occupied by budweiser products, due to their widespread popularity where I live. The fourth tap is a "weird handle" where he tries micro-brews and up and coming brands to experiment to see what sells. He said that after forty days, the beer turns bad and that whatever is left is to his loss. Fat Tire is making a second run at his bar, and it looks as if it might be replaced by a Michelob or different brand type of bock, which isn't all bad, since I like that too.

First visit to this forum and <pleaseant surprise> there's thread on my fave beer, Fat Tire!

It's good to see this beer getting some well deserved praise. I tried it on tap about two years ago on a trip to Seattle and loved it. Showed up in Boise beer aisles a bout a year ago and it's the only beer in my fridge now.

Before FT, I never really drank much beer (tequila was and still is my drink o' choice), but now I take it with to every poker night. Good stuff!

-- Hawk

camaroon4me said:
Im gonna have to call on a good BOTL to help me out! I checked here in Michigan and we cant get it Fat Tire here. Also, I checked the online sources, the shipping and handling is outrageous.
Anyone up for a beer swap? We have several microbrews here in Michigan, I would be glad to do a deal. Im just looking for a 6 pack to try, with shipping and handling they wanted close to $25 bucks ( Ouch)

Here's to good beer!
JV
A big thanks to MMM for really going above and beyond for me. I know he doesn't like to be patted on the back, but THANK YOU for all that you did. Our arrangement will be completed shortly.

I really appreciate what this BOTL did for me, I got a nice box with some Fat Tire Beer, another local brew "The Governator", and also some really fine sticks labeled as " extra packaging".

In the spirit of giving, this deed will be paid forward, also MMM's great idea.

Here's to the Christmas Spirit still alive and well in CPLand!

Peace,
John V