• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite budget stick (#1 in your stash)

MrPerfecto

I know these days with the internet its very easy to get budget sticks. The reality is we have become spoiled when it comes to getting a good primo at a good price. Sure many of us have our certain expensive sticks we rest in our box. Some cigars are hard to get below retail. However there is always that one cigar that has a high retail but seems to sell very cheap. These obviously can be hit or miss. Of course this can also be known as your 'go to' cigar or 'yardgar'.

When it comes to budget sticks I have tried many but there is one that has risen to the top for me. 
Graycliff G2 Maduro PGX Toro
Retail $10
Much cheaper online. $2-$3

When it comes to mild-med This is pretty much the only cigar I like other then vintage cigars or nice Cameroons.
This cigar puts out a very consistent burn, tons of smoke, and a slightly sweet earthy cream chocolate from foot to nub, not complex by any means. I have been through about 3 boxes and already buying 2 more. I cannot stop going to them. To give you an idea of what I would put next to it is probably a Ashton Maduro. If I were to pick one to smoke it would be the G2 Maduro.

There are a few more budgets I like but this one hands down collects the cake for me. Don't get me wrong when it comes to sitting back and having a good brew with a flavor bomb this is not my go to cigar. Hey maybe someone could do a budget stick box swap/trade, what is your favorite #1 budget stick?

My budget go to is a Tatuaje Series P, doesn't hold an ash very well based on the make-up of the cigar.  But, the flavor profile is legit.

My other standby is CAO Brazilia, love the blend...

Do a search, as this topic has been covered a lot, and there is some excellent info to be found on the subject, along with several reviews.

Depends on your description of budget, but the Padron X000 series, and the EPC new wave connecticut are a couple of mine.

At the risk of sounding like a snob, I don't chase budget sticks anymore.  You can smoke fantastic, superb, first quality sticks from almost any quality vendor in the $5-10.00 range.  Is your goal to get the most cubic feet of tobacco you can stand to smoke for the price, or is your goal to take a time out, and enjoy a wonderful cigar?  For the money, I'd personally smoke 1/4 of the sticks and enjoy them ten times more.  If your weekly cigar budget is say, $25.00, I'd smoke three $8.00 sticks and be quite happy.

As they say, one man's opinion.

Espinosa Habano - still available but going fast.

Murcielago - another of Erik's still available.

Both for around $2 to $3 and well worth it.

Oh yeah, I like Perdomo Habano (all wrappers) and the auctions offer good deals.

I like the two guys smoke shop honduran blend for a $1 a stick (?- been a while - I'll get some more when I have to go to NH.)

Depends on your definition of budget. As BBS said if you're spending close to $10 per stick you don't have to compromise (much). Daily smokers are usually considered to be in the $4-7 range, but you can beat those prices at times. Buena Vista coronas are currently available at $2 a pop for example.

One smoke that isn't very expensive that I don't consider a compromise is the Fuente Magnum R 54, they are obtainable under $7 and are top notch in my book.

The A.J. Fernandez Old World and Alec Bradley American are both very decent smokes in the $5ish range, but frankly, I tend more toward what BBS posted.  My most frequent smoke is a San Cristobal Fabuloso, which is a $10ish stick, $8ish by the box.  It's a little on the high side for a schoolteacher's daily smoke, sure, but I decided a long time ago to just not give a fuck.

~Boar

Juanote said:
Depends on your definition of budget. As BBS said if you're spending close to $10 per stick you don't have to compromise (much). Daily smokers are usually considered to be in the $4-7 range, but you can beat those prices at times. Buena Vista coronas are currently available at $2 a pop for example.
Second those BV coronoas.  Wish I'd bought more from Field Supply when they were 15-20 a box/10.  

Backslide said:
Plpc can't find a better cigar for the price.
They are a bargain at a bit less than $5/stick. At that price a plethora, indeed a panoply, of choices open. :p

But at < $3 the field narrows considerably. So it begs the question: Wouldn't it be easier to be just a little flexible in the price? Just a thought.

sok454 said:
Second those BV coronoas.  Wish I'd bought more from Field Supply when they were 15-20 a box/10.
JR still has them at $20 for 10.

Another vote for Padron x000.  And they are great sticks to have around for those who aren't regular cigar smokers.