• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorites of the Bolivar Line?

elderboy02

What are some of your favorites in the Bolivar (Cuban) line?

My favorite is the Corona Extras that come from a cabinet.

I also enjoy the Royal Corona and Petite Corona.

For me, my favorite of the CC Boli line would be the Gold Medal.

I've only had the PC and the CJ. Both are great, but PC is top-notch. I just picked up a box of RC so I am looking forward to trying one of them.

I've only had the PC and the CJ. Both are great, but PC is top-notch. I just picked up a box of RC so I am looking forward to trying one of them.

The RC is so much different than the PC in my opinion. The RC is more of a honey and herbal flavor compared to the woodiness of a PC.

Has anyone tried a lonsdale? I know they are hard to find, but I am wondering if they are worth the hunt.

The RC is so much different than the PC in my opinion. The RC is more of a honey and herbal flavor compared to the woodiness of a PC.

Has anyone tried a lonsdale? I know they are hard to find, but I am wondering if they are worth the hunt.

The only thread you should be concerned with right now is the one you are being questioned in.

The only thread you should be concerned with right now is the one you are being questioned in.

C'mon man, he's just trying to figure out what his next sale should be.

Elderboy, you're not doing a whole lot for your reputation that's at stake right now by starting multiple fluff threads and making a thousand posts. You're actually confiming what everyone already thinks. Don't worry though, you have your phantom army backing you up. Too bad they won't do it in public!
sign.gif

Elderboy, you're not doing a whole lot for your reputation that's at stake right now by starting multiple fluff threads and making a thousand posts. You're actually confiming what everyone already thinks. Don't worry though, you have your phantom army backing you up. Too bad they won't do it in public!
sign.gif

Now, maybe I'm having an "off" day or something, but he does seem like he's trying to become more "community" minded fellas by joining in discussions and not posting just one-liners a day or two before another sale. IDK, just something I was thinking about... I could definitely be wrong. It would somewhat help a little if he stopped bumping the sales that were brought into question.

ETA: Hmmm...the evidence is surely stacked against ya Elderboy. Sorry man.

Bolivar has been a great marca for us since 2006. The RC and the CJ have been great cigars to recommend here in a city that likes grilled pork. Bolivar strength and dark molasses, leather and bean flavors go well with Chuletas Empanizado and Poc Chuc.
The Boli GM is a wonderful cigar with length and rg, it may be nearest to a perfect Boli.

This may not be the best year to search out current boxes of BBF.

Enjoy your cigars.
Cheers
Drew P

sign.gif

Now, maybe I'm having an "off" day or something, but he does seem like he's trying to become more "community" minded fellas by joining in discussions and not posting just one-liners a day or two before another sale. IDK, just something I was thinking about... I could definitely be wrong. It would somewhat help a little if he stopped bumping the sales that were brought into question.

ETA: Hmmm...the evidence is surely stacked against ya Elderboy. Sorry man.

Jon I hear what you're saying, but it sure seems to me like he's becoming more involved here just to offset his high ratio of sales posts.

Bolivar has been a great marca for us since 2006. The RC and the CJ have been great cigars to recommend here in a city that likes grilled pork. Bolivar strength and dark molasses, leather and bean flavors go well with Chuletas Empanizado and Poc Chuc.
The Boli GM is a wonderful cigar with length and rg, it may be nearest to a perfect Boli.

This may not be the best year to search out current boxes of BBF.

Enjoy your cigars.
Cheers
Drew P

Very interesting about the BBF's. My friend just got in a box of '09 BBF's from a dress box and we both lit one up. It was very, very good. It had cinnamon, then salt, then floral notes.

Thanks for the info Drew!

Lately I've found much of the Bolivar line lacking. Perhaps it's a change in what flavor profile I enjoy, but the only Bolivar I really enjoy is the Gold Medal and a well aged CE. I used to smoke a bunch of BBF, RC, PC, and CE. The GM to me, is the most balanced blend of the line touched with cream, earth, leather and some chocolate. The last few BBFs I had were too tannic and overly earthy and the RC was just underwhelming. The aged CE was smooth, very little bitterness, earthy and full of creamy coffee goodness.

I have tried several boli's and none were "great". I have yet to try a GM but I wanted to revisit the Boli line after my taste buds grow up a bit.

Where is Kingantz, I thought he was the boli spokesperson when I first joined the board. He almost never misses a boli conversation. :laugh:

You know, I have always thought the RC was by far the best of the line, but I got a box in recently that was not good. I am liking the few GM's I have had. :thumbs:

Brandon

Gold Medals seem to stand out in my mind. The Lancero's are pretty great.

I've got boxes of PC from '08 and '09, and BBF from '08 (two boxes), and both are outstanding. I have smoked a couple of the CE's, and while they were good, they were not anywhere near the PC or BBF.

I haven't had anything from '10 yet, so I can't speak to if they are up to par or not.

While i am not a veteran smoker, I have tried the GM, BBF, PC and RC.

The GM was fantastic but was a bit overshadowed by the most recent BBF I smoked.
I love the petite corona and mine from 07 have been very consistent and very good.
The RC although it rated higher than the BBF, was my least favorite so far but I have only smoked one.