• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FFOX CFCF 2013 Opus 22 + 1 Unboxing vid I shot yesterday

Kid Montana

Hope everybody enjoys it and gets to see something new.  Have *you* ever fumbled a $200 cigar?  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS7tY-zujng&list=UUcN_eJXJvygNUsw9QxGlyjA&feature=share

Daniel very nice brother. Beautiful presentation but don't think I would be able to smoke that Big B without passing out.

Nice box.  How many of these do you have and do you just take the single boxes out and store them or are you able to store it all together?

Love it man!! That was awesome, and I think my hands would have been shaking more than yours so the fumble of the Big B wasn't too bad. :p

Can't wait for you to smoke the "Big B" and hear how long it take's. Congrats and great presentation.

bfreebern said:
Nice box.  How many of these do you have and do you just take the single boxes out and store them or are you able to store it all together?

I store them just like you see them; together in their coffins in the box in my humidor.  

kona1000 said:
How long would you age those for peak smoking?
. I'll start smoking the 2012s next year. Three years age is the minimum I like for regular Opus.  edit: I may dip into the Forbidden X vitolas early.  

Awesome set. Congrats.

I will say, as a Fuente whore, it's disappointing to see them going to so many large rg cigars. Opus really shines in the smaller rg and loses something to me when they get in the larger rg formats.

Bsneed51 said:
Awesome set. Congrats.

I will say, as a Fuente whore, it's disappointing to see them going to so many large rg cigars. Opus really shines in the smaller rg and loses something to me when they get in the larger rg formats.

This is why I was delighted to get half a box of 2012 Petite Lanceros recently.  If you look at the range of Opus X, all the way back to the ORs, Opus have always been moderate ring guage.  The DC, the RdC, the Robusto, the No. 2 of the original six vitolas were all 48 rg and higher.   The Lancero (Phantom) wasn't even part of the original release, with only the petite lancero to really represent the narrow ring gauges.   I suspect AF & Co feel the larger ring gauges present the profile they prefer people to experience with the Opus X series.  The Opus X was the original "strong" ultra-premium cigar.

Kid Montana said:
Awesome set. Congrats.

This is why I was delighted to get half a box of 2012 Petite Lanceros recently.  If you look at the range of Opus X, all the way back to the ORs, Opus have always been moderate ring guage.  The DC, the RdC, the Robusto, the No. 2 of the original six vitolas were all 48 rg and higher.   The Lancero (Phantom) wasn't even part of the original release, with only the petite lancero to really represent the narrow ring gauges.   I suspect AF & Co feel the larger ring gauges present the profile they prefer people to experience with the Opus X series.  The Opus X was the original "strong" ultra-premium cigar.
PL, #4 and #5 are my favorite Opus due to the small ring gauge.

Very cool! Thanks for the vid. Is there any room for interior humidification with like several humidipacks, so you could by the Opus 22 and not have to put it in a bigger humidor?