• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For all the nay-sayers out there

I think you read mine wrong. I was being sincere. :) My status is that I've been to lazy to persue getting referals.

other1 said:
I think you read mine wrong. I was being sincere. :) My status is that I've been to lazy to persue getting referals.
<phew> Ok, sorry 'bout that. With some of the people replying here, I wasn't too sure. If you need some help tracking down referrals, let me know. As soon as mine is done, I'll give you a hand.

DaveWF said:
Ok, I'll try and handle these in order..... :lookup:

Leebo: Ok, I'm looking...? :lookup:

SamClemmons: Strange, only one other person ever called me "davey". I think he was kicked out of CP a long time ago. In regards to the "fine premium cigars" - well that was never promised. I did promise to send out some cigars. No distinction was ever made. Not that I plan on sending out dog rockets, but you have this knack for putting a spin on everything I say. If I let this go and, heaven forbid, one of the cigars I send out isn't a "fine premium", well we'll all never hear the end of it. In answer to your question, Yes I did. Apparently they were never received. Being that you have your nose in apparently everything about me, I'm sure you're aware that I just found out about it. They were promised to two people, Moki & Lbrief. I have been in touch with both of them. I won't go into all the details, you were not involved and don't need to know about them, but rest assured, everything is being taken care of.

Other1: First of all, thanks for signing up for me! I am also curious as to what the other 8 people are doing. Personally, I have nothing to do with it - it's up to them to get their own referrals. Have you done anything to get others to sign up? Do you have any referrals yet?

Rod: Hi buddy!

SamClemmons: What, you again?

Moki: That's true. I have had a number of supporters. You were first in the list. I thank you for that. You're truly a gentleman and a leader among your peers.

Other1: I didn't know your name was Peter! :0

Wildcard? WHAT? I can't hear you!

Dixie: I'll assume that was an insult. It's hard to tell with you.

Leebo: Thanks for the congratulations. Hey, didn't you say you were leaving CP a long time ago? What happened to that? Oh, that's right, you came back when you needed to advertise your new site.

Thejollyco: If I could help you out, I would. I'm sitting on something like 17 yellow referrals and just 3 green. When I get my last 2, if you're still looking, I'll update my sig tag on a few boards with your link. I'll make a post when my status for the iPod changes. If you're still looking then, let me know!

To everyone except Moki (and Leebo sarcastically): Why are you posting this here? It has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Thanks - I feel better now. :D
Dave ;)
Sorry davey, the conspiracy theory won't work. I've been samclemmons on every board I've ever been on. I certainly don't need an alter ego for a small time cheat like you.

So you sent cigars to two different people and neither of them recieved your cigars? Do you know what the odds are against that little fella. hmmm, seen any flying pigs lately? I'm not saying I don't believe you... wait... yes, yes I am saying that but I'm not saying you are liar... wait... yes, yes I am saying that. And you only promised to send them to two people, yet Dixie says you promised him too. Now I'm not calling you a liar, wait, yes, yes I am. And you never bothered to follow up, hmmmm, yet never recieved a thank you for your completely selfless offering, and you never wondered why? This is a joke right? Do you really expect anyone to believe that? Now I don't think you'd lie about this but... wait, yes, yes I do. You did. You do. You are.
Save it for the gullible newbies you're so fond petting.

"I just found out about it"!!!! Buwhahahahahahahaha. You're killing me here! I can't stop laughing. Hey, if it's any consolation I'm sure some of the new guys believe you.

So anyway little buddy kick me out if you want me gone so bad.

You really are less than most.

NA

Since I've been asked to raise another point here......

It is inexcusable what happened in this thread:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=7953&

Dave, first, IMO, if you're going to be a mod your first priority should be to moderate and contribute to the wealth of cigar knowledge, not promote your personal business. If you want to sell stuff, cool :thumbs: (seriously, I think this is fine :))....but don't let it interfere with your commitment to the board.

The rules clearly state that all retailers should post in Hot Cigar Deals. You posted in Buy/Sell/Trade as a retailer on seperate occasions.

In the linked thread I asked you what hardware was included. You replied "none." I stated a few laws as a caveat to potential buyers that what they would be receiving would not be legal copies (OEM software MUST come with OE to be legal - that's why it's discounted!). I believe this is important point for someone who might have expected to reap the benefits of a legal copy (e.g. registration, tech support, updates, etc.)

This was a 100% FACTUAL public service announcement.

I didn't even say you shouldn't sell them, yet you then deleted my posts (which only a mod can do) despite the fact I didn't break a SINGLE rule!

Then you LOCKED the thread! (again, which only a mod can do) Then you KEPT posting and editing the thread when the rest of us couldn't!!!!!!!! Come on Dave. :angry: If this isn't abuse of moderating powers for personal gain, I don't know what is.

Please explain your actions (since this is all out in the open anyway).

And for any smarta$$es.....I PM'd Dave about this when it happened. When you're a moderator, your actions should be up for public scrutiny....it's an apointed position. A mod should be a role-model BOTL!

Cheers,
Dixie

Curious about something little davey.
Moki posted on the snobs board last week that you had promised him cigars and he had never recieved any. You read that thread numerous times (I watched you do it) so I have a question. When did you contact Moki? I'm betting it was today when the heat got to be too much. So, in that line of thinking, Why did you wait a full week before contacting Moki about those sticks. I mean, if it was me and I found out several MONTHS after the fact that my gift cigars were NEVER recieved I would have pinged him immediately and then Ibrief to see if his got there. Why the wait? AND why did you demand that the thread be REMOVED? HMMMM?Actually, you don't have to answer. Everybody knows why don't they?

NA

dixieland_conjunction said:
Since I've been asked to raise another point here......

It is inexcusable what happened in this thread:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=7953&

Dave, first, IMO, if you're going to be a mod your first priority should be to moderate and contribute to the wealth of cigar knowledge, not promote your personal business. If you want to sell stuff, cool :thumbs: (seriously, I think this is fine :))....but don't let it interfere with your commitment to the board.

The rules clearly state that all retailers should post in Hot Cigar Deals. You posted in Buy/Sell/Trade as a retailer on seperate occasions.

In the linked thread I asked you what hardware was included. You replied "none." I stated a few laws as a caveat to potential buyers that what they would be receiving would not be legal copies (OEM software MUST come with OE to be legal - that's why it's discounted!). I believe this is important point for someone who might have expected to reap the benefits of a legal copy (e.g. registration, tech support, updates, etc.)

This was a 100% FACTUAL public service announcement.

I didn't even say you shouldn't sell them, yet you then deleted my posts (which only a mod can do) despite the fact I didn't break a SINGLE rule!

Then you LOCKED the thread! (again, which only a mod can do) Then you KEPT posting and editing the thread when the rest of us couldn't!!!!!!!! Come on Dave. :angry: If this isn't abuse of moderating powers for personal gain, I don't know what is.

Please explain your actions (since this is all out in the open anyway).

And for any smarta$$es.....I PM'd Dave about this when it happened. When you're a moderator, your actions should be up for public scrutiny....it's an apointed position. A mod should be a role-model BOTL!

Cheers,
Dixie
<sigh> another pile-on-er

First I must ask, if it was so important, why did you not bring this up earlier.... you had to be asked to do it. Gee, I wonder who did the asking...?

Anyway, in response to:
Before you get all high and mightly, how 'bout you read the ENTIRE description?
"HOT Cigar Deals
Post any Hot Cigar Deal you know of. This forum is also open to Retail Cigar Shops..."
You can look as hard as you'd like - I don't sell cigars. Even the very name of the forum, "Hot CIGAR Deals". Sheesh. Now on to the next one...
"Buy/Sell/Trade & Group Purchases
Feel free to post "For Sale", "Want" and "Trade" ads here. Also a good place to make a group purchase."
Hmmmmm, what was I doing again? Oh yeah, that's right, posting a "For Sale" message. See, I even put it in quotes, just like the description has it.

As far as your claim about OEM software, you are absolutely 100% correct. I was unaware of that when I made my original post. After seeing your post, I immediately corrected my ways and now do, in fact, ship or deliver hardware (as you put, OE) with my software.
Regarding your claims of editing your message, yep - I did that too. After seeing the error in my ways, I determined that your post, even it was clarified by a reply by me, was detrimental to me and my business. Because of that I did remove the post and locked the thread. It was wrong and I aplogize for it. If you'd like, I'd be happy to unlock the thread, but I believe it's a moot point now.

I just got an email notification... seems our illustrious SamClemmons is once again engaging mouth before putting brain in gear. You said you wanted to bet me? Ok smart guy - I'll take that bet. Guess what, YOU LOSE! Before you go spouting off at the mouth doing everything you can to pile on, how 'bout you check your facts first? Tell me, did you bother to actually ask Moki if he's been contacted? I gather not. Did you bother to actually contact Lbrief to find out if I contacted him? I'm thinking "no". If you had bothered to use your brain, you would have found out that I contacted Moki as soon as I saw the post. I have, in fact been in the process of working out an arrangement with both Moki & Lbrief since the time I found out about it. But noooooooo, it seems like it's more important to sully Dave's reputation then it is to get your facts straight. But that's how it's always been with you, hasn't it? One other thing, why the childish name calling? Are you trying to get a rise out of me? Should I be calling you sammy, or neilie? Can you please explain this sudden trend of childish name calling?

Speaking of childish, I might as well drag honorable Lee in to this.... Lee, you said you would never censor or edit anything on your board. Hmmmm, isn't banning an IP censoring your memberlist? Sounds like you're looking a bit two-faced now, doesn't it? You said it "This will remain in effect until domain name rights have been turned over to the owner of this site" First of all, according to your self-appointed non-editing morals, you have no ground to do this. Secondly, didn't you get the email from the domain registrar? It's out of my hands now. I already passed permission over to you. If you're not the owner yet, it's your own fault - not mine.

fllbrent: I'm glad we can all find this a bit entertaining.

Dave :D

SamClemmons said:
AND why did you demand that the thread be REMOVED? HMMMM?Actually, you don't have to answer. Everybody knows why don't they?

NA
Somehow I missed this for my reply above..... I have to ask... WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? If you're referring to your post, it's because it was a violation of the Acceptable Use Policy of DWF Computers. If you're referring to Moki's post about not receiving his cigas... well I never asked to have that thread removed.

Dave ;)

Backpeddling, are we??

Sounds like your goose is cooked!

Yep, you're banned until what I paid for is delivered. Sorry, I made that clear though in my post on CS. I'll check the mail frequently and once it's taken care of, you can come back! :D

You were already asked to leave anyway....what's the point?

Your credibility is shot, Dave. :D

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Backpeddling, are we??
What backpeddling?

If you consider a clear response to the posts and questions "backpeddling", well then yes, I'm doing lots of backpeddling.

If anything, it's your lack of a reply about your moral values on non-editing that I find most interesting. You can't say there will be no editing on my board and then edit it when it's convenient for you. Make up your mind, is there no editing or not?

Sheesh

PuroBrat! I see you hiding there! How you been? Nice to see you've come out for the entertainment. Looks like your two major criticizers are monitoring this thread - I'd be careful if I were you.

Dave ;)

Hey Dave, man doesn't crud like this take away from the enjoyment factor? Sad, very Sad. But I must answer you...I have been quite under the weather of late. Am now totally disabled and unemployed, so I gave up this hobby :( in favor of food. :p

I do come here from time to time just see if the ones who took away the fun are still taking away, and alas, they are.

Good luck to you bro, it is unforgivable to ruffle the feathers of certain foul ;)

gosh I should learn to proofread

First, I thik you'd be VEEEEEEEEEEEERY suprised by who first contacted me about the issue (not Neal or Lee)

Good grief Dave. My posting something you now admit is correct was detrimental to your business :lookup: If you want to get technical, I might have been saving you from $100,000's in fines.

I guess you missed my point: :0

You are Dave the contributing CP member, cigar loving guy on here 20% of the time.
You are DWFComputers 80% of the time.

When you're selling computer stuff...you're a retailer (you pay taxes on that sale). Therefore, you should be required to post with the same limits as the rest of the retailers [cigars or not].

And BS!!!... you did not immediately change your ways! You wrote back to me days afterward with all the slander-ish accusations. You then (and likely until 5 minutes ago) still maintained that I was completely wrong and what you were doing was selling legal copies. I know if I suddenly started sending a CDROM or MB I'd probably up the price to compensate for shipping and such.

I'm done until you spout off another lie that involves me! I'm about all out of piss for this contest.

Cheers,
Dixie

I must not be the only one subscribed to this thread. Things quiet down, people disappear, then there's a new post and suddenly 6 people are viewing the thread again. Too funny.
I think with all the criticism that has been coming, I think little would surprise me about who requested your post.

Oh, I see you there Jeff, I know you're just waiting to chime in here. G'ahead, we're all waiting.

Unless you're psychic, you have no idea what I was thinking up till 5 minutes ago. And if you are psychic and thinking you're posting what I'm thinking, then you're a pretty crappy psychic.
And yes, if you started adding in CD-ROMs and Mother Boards to all your shipments that WOULD increase your shipping. But, as you stated in your long deleted post, there are all sorts of internal parts that would qualify. Including RAM. Gee, a SIMM isn't too heavy now, is it? :lookup:

Dave

dixieland_conjunction said:
(not Neal or Lee)
Ok, I'm confused... Is it "Neil" or "Neal"
I always thought the proper spelling was Neil.

DaveWF said:
fllbrent: I'm glad we can all find this a bit entertaining.
I have a jar of JIF peanut butter and a sleeve of Ritz.

When they are done, so am I :p

LMAO

Dave, i think it's clear to everyone you are backpeddling. Being caught in lie after lie, you try diversions to get the focus off of you. Oh well....

BTW, your ban has been lifted, the domain info has arrived. You're not welcome there, so don't bother.

Your posts on my site are in tact and will remain that way for all to see. No thread editing there I'm affraid..... :D

DaveWF said:
As far as your claim about OEM software, you are absolutely 100% correct. I was unaware of that when I made my original post. After seeing your post, I immediately corrected my ways and now do, in fact, ship or deliver hardware (as you put, OE) with my software.
Regarding your claims of editing your message, yep - I did that too. After seeing the error in my ways, I determined that your post, even it was clarified by a reply by me, was detrimental to me and my business. Because of that I did remove the post and locked the thread.
There's some clear cut admission to a cover-up. :0

Is it safe to say that as a business owner if you and or your company make a mistake...your policy is to cover it up?

After seeing the error in my ways, I determined that your post, even it was clarified by a reply by me, was detrimental to me and my business

So you made the decision any legitament business owner would make :lookup: and covered it up?

This quote above is extremely "detrimental" to your business. Should we expect you to edit your original post? Edit or delete my post? I mean....after reading the statement above...I really doubt anyone would be comfortable doing business with you. Afterall....it's obvious you'd rather cover-up a mistake than take responsiblity for it.

To bad ENRON fell apart...you could of had a future there. ;)

I never said it was the right decision, or even a good one. In fact, I think I said it was the wrong thing to do. The deleting I did was done in haste and the wrong thing to do.
What I did do that was at least the right thing to do, was immediately start shipping legal copies (i.e. with hardware). I never said I was above reproach, but I have corrected what I was doing wrong with the business.

Thanks for chiming in! ;)

Dave