• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For all the nay-sayers out there

DaveWF said:
BigDaddyFink said:
By the way...not only for whatever troubles those of you have had with computer problems related to dear-old brother Dave's so-called "business," these guys take the pirating and bootlegging of media (violation of copyright) quite seriously as well. So, feel free to pass along whatever you feel necessary:
I could be wrong, but isn't the FTC that also covers the issue of these not-quite legal cigars? I don't hear any complaints about that, now do I?
I for one don't have any illegal cigars - who else can claim that as well? How 'bout you, BDF?

Dave
Time to smoke away fellas! :sign: That is a very mute point compared to pirating DVD's.

BigDaddyFink said:
So, I have nothing at stake.
That's true in many ways.

Over time I have become a respected (let me know if I'm wrong here ;)) member of this tightly knit community. I CONTINUE to pay my dues to the group. I would and have invited many of these brothers into my home. I am protecting our brotherhood of cigar lovers from the leaching I was whitnessing. I, Neal, Lee, etc. HAVE a vested intererst and stake.

What on earth is your motive? You seem to be protecting something you don't believe in. How many times have you written a cigar review??? How many passes have you joined??? Geez, how many times have you even mentioned a cigar in your posts! ???

YOU DO come across as a hate monger because you have no stake :(

Cheers,
Dixie

Damn I really need a La Perla :p

Whoa - the more I read of your posts recently, the more I seem to like you, Dixie. Perhaps I judged you prematurely in my early days here... ;)

DaveWF said:
I could be wrong, but isn't the FTC that also covers the issue of these not-quite legal cigars? I don't hear any complaints about that, now do I?
I for one don't have any illegal cigars - who else can claim that as well? How 'bout you, BDF?
First, justifying bad behavior by pointing out other bad behavior is not an acceptable answer.

But to address your point, yes, we all do things every day that are illegal; from speeding to not wearing out seatbelts, to smoking Cuban cigars.

The difference, as I see it, is that I posted regarding some Fuente DVDs that I could pick up for people at a reasonable price, and you jumped into the thread offering to sell bootleg copies of it. Trading Cuban cigars is not legal; but it is not stealing, it is trading in goods from an embargoed country. I see this as different from outright offering to rip off someone else's hard work.

We often make choices that are against the law; but as with anything, there are degrees of severity.

moki said:
... there are degrees of severity.
What he said.

BDF: why are you here? This is C-I-G-A-R Pass.

Hey remember when we used to talk about cigars on cigarpass?

DaveWF said:
BigDaddyFink said:
By the way...not only for whatever troubles those of you have had with computer problems related to dear-old brother Dave's so-called "business," these guys take the pirating and bootlegging of media (violation of copyright) quite seriously as well. So, feel free to pass along whatever you feel necessary:

Dave
Dave -

Pointing to the issue of Cuban cigars to "address" your issue of copyright violations is absolutely stupid.

To answer your stupid question Dave, my answer is no as well.

As a one-time idol of mine once said it, "Sergeant, get that contraband stogie out of my face before I shove it so far up your ass that you'll have to stick a match up your nose to light it."

I'm sorry but Mr. Clemmons is in a meeting for the next ten days. Please make an appointment for sometime after the 15th.

NA

Okay, here's the take on this debate as I see it.....

Dave: blah blah blah blah blah blah

Leebo: Whatever

Moki: good point

Dave: blah blah blah

Leebo: whatever

BDF: told ya so

Dixie: STFU

BDF: Kudos

Dave: blah blah blah

Dixie: I'm a BOTL

Dave: I like you!

Moki: another good point

Ricmac: Yeah!!

BDF: famous quote

SC: Sorry, I'm not in right now, please leave a message!

LMAO

moki said:
yes, we all do things every day that are illegal;......, to smoking Cuban cigars.
"Smoking" Cuban tobacco is not illegal.

Matt R said:
moki said:
yes, we all do things every day that are illegal;......, to smoking Cuban cigars.
True; but whatever you did to obtain it very, very likely is. The exemptions are few and far between:

It is also illegal for U.S. persons to buy, sell, trade, or otherwise engage in transactions involving illegally-imported Cuban cigars. The penalties for doing so include, in addition to confiscation of the cigars, civil fines of up to $55,000 per violation and, in appropriate cases, criminal prosecution which may result in higher fines and/or imprisonment.

Which reminds me........

cello on.............cello off? :sign:

moki said:
Matt R said:
moki said:
True; but whatever you did to obtain it very, very likely is. The exemptions are few and far between:

It is also illegal for U.S. persons to buy, sell, trade, or otherwise engage in transactions involving illegally-imported Cuban cigars. The penalties for doing so include, in addition to confiscation of the cigars, civil fines of up to $55,000 per violation and, in appropriate cases, criminal prosecution which may result in higher fines and/or imprisonment.
Well sumbeotch :0

Out they go in the trash. Garbage pick up is Friday's in Chaplin :sign:

Just so it's out there...My statement about the legality of certain cigars was not made to get people in trouble, it was to prove a point.
BDF made a statement about my illegal activities. I was responding that, although what I did was illegal, it was done to help benefit my fellow BOTLs. Much as trading ISOMs does.

The fact that someone would threaten me with legal action for doing something for the benefit of other members here.... (Before you chime in, remember that I did not ask for the cigars - they were offered to me) Well, I guess that's the best definition of a mans character.

Dave ;)

I'm always catching the tail end of a good thread. ??? :thumbs:

Guess that's why they call me "Last Minute Frank"

Thanks for the synopsis, Leebo. :D