• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For this special occassion, I need some help ....

birthday beer, which one?

• Nøgne Ø Sweet Horizon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MAS_Puros

Me as a wee one with my bottle of Abyss
Well I am celebrating my 21st birthday this weekend, spending tomorrow with my wife and daughters and Sunday having family over the house for some cake and coffee!

I can't decide what to drink, so I was hoping some of my brothers here on CP could lend a helping hand. :thumbs: :thumbs:

I plan on smoking a Tat RC184 on this day as well!

PS - second picked option I may just drink tonight ... LOL ;) :blush: :whistling:

You meant your 37th?

Birthday:February 13, 1974

I have a bottle of the Central Waters Barleywine stashed away, so you try it first.

You meant your 37th?

Birthday:February 13, 1974
Ok you got me :p

No Milwaukee's Best? They don't call it the "best" for nothing. ;)
That's too advanced for my palate ... lol
I've had plenty milwaukee, nat and blue ribbon during my college days...had some crazy nites. Don't want them happening again ;)

I voted for Black Magick but on second thought drink the CW BBBW and send that Black Magick to me! :)

I voted for Black Magick but on second thought drink the CW BBBW and send that Black Magick to me! :)
Hey how about you come out here and we can share the bottle :thumbs: amongst other bottles :whistling: Sexual Chocolate, Dark Lord, Black Butte XX and Imperial Stout Trooper

looks like a tie so far ... will have to see what the counts are by tomorrow night. :love: :love: :laugh: :D

You'll never guess what I voted for... :D

Happy Birthday homelice! Whatever you do, don't torture yourself with that Creme Brulee. :barf:

Yep! I was going to suggest you go ahead and sink pour the Creme Brulee before I read Justins post.

Happy Birthday ! Where's the cigar picks...

Enjoy and get spanked!

I'll take the ST Creme Brulee off your hands Mike. So far, loved everything I've tried from ST.

If you haven't had it before, I'd drink the Alesmith 07. Thought that was really really good.

Just got back from the happiest place on earth ... had a great time with the family.

Looks like Black Magick it is .... maybe I should cleanse the palate with a little Temptation, what do you think Justin? Lol

I will put up a review first thing Monday morning

Happy Birthday homelice! Whatever you do, don't torture yourself with that Creme Brulee. :barf:
Really that bad? I heard things like liquid diabetes but nothing that bad.

Chico we will have to try this one night

I voted for St Ides special brew but I am a heathen

Really that bad? I heard things like liquid diabetes but nothing that bad.

Chico we will have to try this one night

Liquid diabetes is pretty fitting. It makes the cloying sweetness of Choklat seem unnoticeable. If you actually enjoy it, let me know because I still have a few bottles that are all yours.

gallery_6182_366_233144.jpg

2008 12 oz bottle of Black Magick

Well I had a great time this weekend and enjoyed a nice glass of Black Magick.

Appearance:
Poured into my Stone IRS Tulip ... black as used oil, no signs of light. Minimal carbonation and small mocha coloured head.
Swirled around he glass and you can see the oily slick liquid sticking to the sides of the glass.

Smell:
Right away when I opened it I got a whiff of whiskey and some vinous dark fruits. Almost port like. Vanilla and oak come through once I pour into my glass.
The smells are complex and smooth.

Taste:
On first sip I taste the whiskey(bourbon) ... the heat has smoothened out and just a nice warm feeling when it goes down your chest. A lot of the dark fruits are not as strong as the smell. Most of it is lightly in the background.
Its is very wine-port like with whiskey taking over the flavor.

Mouth-feel:
Very thin, oily like ... not as thick as I was expecting. Doesn't stick to inside of mouth.

Overall:
Well this was a good beer, but not what I was expecting. Very one dimensional and thin. I would almost say it compares to a Dark Lord but very thin and watered down.
Complexity is missing from this one and wondering what it taste like fresh. Overall this was a nice sipper I enjoyed next to our out door fire with a Tat RC184 ... I give this a 7/10.

Thanks ALL!