• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Friends?

CBoukal

Impeached Staff Member
Staff member
So @CigarStone just posted in the Beer review thread that some people thinks its weird that we call each other "friends" on here. Well let me tell you!!!!! My wife had a full hip replacement a week ago today and I can't tell you the outpouring of well wishes and support I have received from my friends here. A large group of guys here who I consider very close friends sent my wife flowers today and another sent her a large container of candy. This place is incredible and I am honored and humbled to be a part of it!!!! Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart!!!!! I thought about tagging all of you on here but you know who you are!!!! I am positive you made my wife's whole month!!!!

I was absent from CP for many years and I just recently came across a post by @jfields asking that members keep my family in their prayers during a horrific loss two years ago. It brought tears to my eyes that people who "may have" remembered me, people who never met me, and people who never heard of me, offered honest and true well-wishes!

My perception of friendship has increased since joining here and the memories will last a lifetime!

I was absent from CP for many years and I just recently came across a post by @jfields asking that members keep my family in their prayers during a horrific loss two years ago. It brought tears to my eyes that people who "may have" remembered me, people who never met me, and people who never heard of me, offered honest and true well-wishes!

My perception of friendship has increased since joining here and the memories will last a lifetime!
This

So @CigarStone just posted in the Beer review thread that some people thinks its weird that we call each other "friends" on here. Well let me tell you!!!!! My wife had a full hip replacement a week ago today and I can't tell you the outpouring of well wishes and support I have received from my friends here. A large group of guys here who I consider very close friends sent my wife flowers today and another sent her a large container of candy. This place is incredible and I am honored and humbled to be a part of it!!!! Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart!!!!! I thought about tagging all of you on here but you know who you are!!!! I am positive you made my wife's whole month!!!!
CP is like a second family.

I’m glad you’re back brother! Seems like yesterday even though it’s close to 15 years now we all agreed to meet for a camping trip, even though we only knew each other for four or less months virtually. Wife thought I was nuts! You were there for me in a big way recently

I’ve had people at work who I thought were good friends through the years. None of them have ever checked on me when I was hurt or going through hard times. This most recent thing showed me that. No fear of judgement and I can count on you to keep it real. You give the ball busting just as good as you take it, and keep it fun. Just a caring bunch of like minded souls here and I love all of you.

Sorry Chad, didn’t know your wife went through surgery.

Last edited:
Seems like yesterday even though it’s close to 15 years now we all agreed to meet for a camping trip, even though we only knew each other for four or less months virtually. Wife thought I was nuts!

Might have been even less time, but I agreed to meet up with him and Mysterea on a boat of some guy who I don't think was even on CP. When I told my wife she told me I was probably going to be killed and they'd never find the body. 🤣

Had some amazing freaking lobster rolls that day though.

By the time I told her @robbiexor was flying in to stay with us for a couple days she had given up. She was really worried then. I told her if Jeff and Rob didn't kill me, there's no way Robbie was going to. @insight was a different story, though.

I found reference to this boat trip in March of 2008 and I don't think Chuck would have had his boat in the water yet so it almost had to be late 2007. Found it. It was June 10, 2007!

Boat HERF.JPG

Last edited:
This place is turning into a big ole love inn!! Bunch of softies around here! When I first joined the site and did the required historical reading I just assumed you were all assholes.

have only been here a short time but yup some amazing, generous, caring people I definitely consider friends.

Yes, this place is amazing. Six months ago I was blessed with a outpouring of love. Boggles the mind but warms the heart. I wish there was a way to meet each of you, to say thank you in person, enjoy your company, tell some tales, but I am thankful to all of you for being here and being who you are, my friends.

Might have been even less time, but I agreed to meet up with him and Mysterea on a boat of some guy who I don't think was even on CP. When I told my wife she told me I was probably going to be killed and they'd never find the body. 🤣

Had some amazing freaking lobster rolls that day though.

By the time I told her @robbiexor was flying in to stay with us for a couple days she had given up. She was really worried then. I told her if Jeff and Rob didn't kill me, there's no way Robbie was going to. @insight was a different story, though.
Rob told me all the sordid details about that boat trip.

Way cool! Its always nice to hear when our CP friendships positively effect those we love.

I've made so many good friends over the years. Have met so many and would not think twice about going to meet anyone on here. Well maybe a few of you I'd think twice about.
You’ve smoked with me a few times now so there is definitely nothing worse.... lol! You making it to NY in August?

When I travel I look for CP folk to herf with. Some of those are no longer with us. Herfing with people across the globe is my favorite thing about CP. Several, maybe many, years ago when I lived in Houston, the Houston crew hosted the "Sit your ass down and herf" pass because we thought the best part of this hobby of ours was spending time with like minded folks. Maybe I can herf with JFields this summer.

When I travel I look for CP folk to herf with. Some of those are no longer with us. Herfing with people across the globe is my favorite thing about CP. Several, maybe many, years ago when I lived in Houston, the Houston crew hosted the "Sit your ass down and herf" pass because we thought the best part of this hobby of ours was spending time with like minded folks. Maybe I can herf with JFields this summer.
@jfields is overrated. :cool:

We should have an interactive map so people can drop a pin with their name.