• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fruits of Castro's Soil Pass No.1

You moved so quick sorry buddy. I'll update the list now. Was Dave ready to receive?

whylieineedacigar said:

Thanks Kris its mainly my fault for not keeping a real close eye on everything. Michael you can make the trade if you want if you haven't shipped yet. Sorry Barry!

The package is already in the mail. It sucks because I really wanted that Monte! (sorry for Barry as well)

I got you on this one but we're smoking one together when I'm in the Bronx in a couple of weeks!

As a matter of fact I got you too Barry but unfortunately I'm not going to Florida anytime soon so if you can PM your addy I shoot one off to you. I didn't see your addy in your profile.

All fixed now - carry on.

Dave please send to Gary (ironpeddler) after you. We have a few doubles guys so keep an eye on that. 

Tall Paul said:
You moved so quick sorry buddy. I'll update the list now. Was Dave ready to receive?
Yes, we kept communication via PM.

Light this! said:

Thanks Kris its mainly my fault for not keeping a real close eye on everything. Michael you can make the trade if you want if you haven't shipped yet. Sorry Barry!

The package is already in the mail. It sucks because I really wanted that Monte! (sorry for Barry as well)

I got you on this one but we're smoking one together when I'm in the Bronx in a couple of weeks!

As a matter of fact I got you too Barry but unfortunately I'm not going to Florida anytime soon so if you can PM your addy I shoot one off to you. I didn't see your addy in your profile.

All fixed now - carry on.

Sounds good! See you in a few weeks.

Ok...got the pass from Mike last night.  Haven't had a chance to open it yet as I didn't get home until late, but will crack her open tonight.  

Paul...I'll submit my picks for approval and have this pass out to Gary over the weekend.  Will PM Gary to make sure he is ready to receive.  

thechenman said:
Ok...got the pass from Mike last night.  Haven't had a chance to open it yet as I didn't get home until late, but will crack her open tonight.  

Paul...I'll submit my picks for approval and have this pass out to Gary over the weekend.  Will PM Gary to make sure he is ready to receive.  
How you making out brother?

Okay guys...sorry about the wait.  I think I enjoyed my long weekend a little too much.  Here are my proposed P/Ts, submitted for your review.

Put:  Cohiba Corona Especiales (2013)
Take:  Montecristo Petite No. 2

Put:  Ramon Allones Allones Extra Edicion Limitada 2011
Take:  El Rey Mundo Corona de Luxe (2005)

Put:  Cohiba Robusto (2008)
Take:  H. Upmann Royal Robusto LCDH

Please let me know if you think these would be satisfactory, or where I may need to make a change.  Much thanks...

The financial analysis really helps me learn things. Could you share the numbers?

My other question is how much does age add to value? There was some discussion about this early on but I didn't really get the answer.

Glad you had a good weekend!

Capt J said:
The financial analysis really helps me learn things. Could you share the numbers?

My other question is how much does age add to value? There was some discussion about this early on but I didn't really get the answer.

Glad you had a good weekend!
Sure thing...here are the numbers I'm looking at (I made a P/Tcorrection)...

Put:  Cohiba Corona Especiales (2013) - $12.08
Take:  Montecristo Petite No. 2 - $10.08

Put:  Cohiba Robusto (2008) - $12.68
Take:  El Rey Mundo Corona de Luxe (2005) - $11.88

Put:  Ramon Allones Allones Extra Edicion Limitada 2011 - $13.84
Take:  H. Upmann Royal Robusto LCDH - $13.00

As for age.  I don't really think its a factor until a cigar is over 5 years old - and even then, it's just minimal.  I think to you have to hit double digits before it truly becomes a big factor, but that's just my opinion.  That being said, while I don't ascribe a huge premium for age necessarily, I do think that in some cases age can affect rarity (availability) when it comes to ELs and REs...maybe not always, but definitely in many cases.  I find though that in these instances, the market can help guide the price.  

Correct me if I'm wrong but other than the first one being a bit of an over put I have to question the ERDM. It was discontinued in 2006 and the CoRo is still being made so doesn't that raise a flag with the stick cost being so close together. I have no idea what the difference in cost should be between a discontinued stick and one that can be had on a daily, but I think a buck is light.

As always; its Paul's pass.  

David, I think your rework is better, but the CCE for the MP2 is perhaps too large an over-put?  Also, I don't think the CoRo for the ERDM works since the latter is DC'd.

The last one looks just fine.

*Edit:
grateful1 said:
Discontinued for discontinued - usually.

Gern Blansten said:

David, I think your rework is better, but the CCE for the MP2 is perhaps too large an over-put?  Also, I don't think the CoRo for the ERDM works since the latter is DC'd.

The last one looks just fine.

*Edit:
Discontinued for discontinued - usually.

What he said^^^^ Thanks guys! 

Ok... For the ERDM corona de Luxe, I plan to put at Diplomaticos No.3 ($11.92). That is close in price and discontinued for discontinued.

It seems the p/t for the HUP RR seems good.

For the Montecristo Petite No. 2, I propose a put of an SLR DC from '08 ($10.59).

Please let me know if you think this is acceptable.

That makes 3 of us I'll update the list tonight. Nice work Dave