• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FT's Gumbo Pass

McPatrickClan said:
FatherTiresius said:
You entered 0302 0980 0002 6546 8593

Your item arrived at 7:18 am on October 15, 2002 in MESQUITE, TX 75149. Status is updated every evening. Please check again later.
I double-checked the USPS website and found the exact same thing I saw Tuesday morning. The package must be here or it wouldn't say that it arrived. I have tried calling the USPS, but I can't get a live voice. Suggestions? I am frustrated. ???
"Has arrived in Mesquite TX" means that the box arrived at the back shipping dock of the PO.

Being "Priority Mail", they figure they have a few weeks before they need to sort through it and get it to you ;)

The text you're looking for is "was delivered" or "delivery was attempted" (which will have a "notice left" annotation.)

I'd say give 'em another day, then go down there and ask if they're smoking your cigars, or what. <G>

Note, too -- depending on the condition of the box, it may be undergoing extensive security measures (including heavy XRAY, which will look like a box full of dynamite :0) If you show up in person, you can make them all feel better about it.

I'd say give 'em another day, then go down there and ask if they're smoking your cigars, or what. <G>
GAH!!!! Negative McP. Do not wait another day. Go down there as soon as you can and find out what the hell is going on. A week is plenty of time to deliver a Prio parcel....especially since it's been in the destination PO for 3 days.

I bet those goofballs at id Software have it. You may have to go down there and confront Carmack face-to-face....it'll be easy to find, just look for all the Ferraris in the parking lot. :)

I don't know about you guys, but I think a tracking info page that looks like this:

====================================================

Shipment History

You entered 0302 0980 0002 6546 8593

Your item arrived at 7:18 am on October 15, 2002 in MESQUITE, TX 75149. Status is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Here is what happened earlier:
ACCEPTANCE, October 11, 2002, 11:29 am, RIO RANCHO, NM 87124

====================================================

with the package STILL not having been delivered and here it is the 18th, should be reason to demand a Refund of the price of shipping. At the very very least, they should be refunding the difference between First Class and Priority. Any other business in the country that did their job that badly would, or at least Should, be falling all over themselves to make it right.

Just a little ole PB's humble Opinion :0

BTW - Didn't we just give these Bastages a raise? :angry:

UPDATE! UPDATE!

I went to the Mesquite, TX Post Office this morning. It seems that the package was returned to New Mexico (sender) for "insufficient address". I am confused though, because if my suite number or business name was anywhere on the label, it could have been delivered. Joe, do you remember what you listed?

Anyway, it seems that Joe will have to pay postage again to get it to Texas. I had the clerk double-check to see if it had left Mesquite yet and it has. It should be in New Mexico next week (my guess). ???

Hey, it could be worse! The box could be beat to hades and we could have ultra-premium snuff.

Sent to addy listed in the pass sheet. PM me your full addy and I will resend. Man, i am going to need a bank loan to send this baby out again :p

Actually, I think that ft made the labels out so it should be headed his way???...I think... :(

I didn't make the labels, so it should be headed your way Joe. I did include a list of addresses so the whole thing could be my fault if I mis-typed the addy or something like that. If that's the case let me know and I'll re-imburse you for the shipping.

Quick update: looks like the pass is back in NM already. So hopefully Joe can get it back on the road again Monday. Sorry for the SNAFU guys...not really sure what happened, but hopefully it'll all be straightened out soon.

FT,
In the worse case you are gaining a good deal of experiance with this one.
"When a good pass goes wrong" Or Labeling and double checking.

Relax a bit and learn form it. It will get to you.
If it doesnt - I have a feeling the guys will help you out a bit anyway!

Hbooker

It's cool hbooker....I'm not as worried about it getting to me as to the other guys in the pass. But now that I know where it is I feel a lot better. But you're right....chalk it up to lessons learned. :)

OK.have a new lable made, as soon as the box hits me on monday i will turn around and have it at the PO befor the E.O.B. that day! :thumbs:

I HAVE THE BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My neighbor had it {I was not home to accept delivery} so it will be out Monday, AM!!!!!
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

OK, cracked it open and all is good. I resealed it, re labeled it and is ready to rock ... coming back at ya Gavin.

OK, Box will be out in the early AM. I don't know when I will be able to post DC#, I am checking in to the hospital for a few fun filled days of poking and prodding :( . I should be out on Wednesday - Thursday the latest... I will check back in as soon as the let me out ??? so Gavin, be ready!

They let you smoke in there?? j/k...good luck with the tests Joe. Thanks for taking care of the pass....twice. :) :thumbs: