• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting a Handle on your "Handle"

Mine is just a play on words. I'm a life long drummer, and a "flam" is a drum rudiment. If you have good "chops" you're a good drummer... so you take lambchop and make it flamchop and laughter ensues. :D It's also the title of a well known warm up piece in the drum world which is designed to work out your, you guessed it, "flam chops."

My old name here, Ounceman, was homage to an old nick name in high school my friends would call me "32 Oz." because whenever my band had rehearsal I'd always bring a huge drink container (drumming is good exercise!) and it was just a reference to how I always seemed to be drinking... something or other.

My given name is Armando, but my sisters began calling me Mandy at a young age; the name stuck with me. Later in life, I worked many years as a private investigator, so I began using MandyPi at the beginning of my e-mail address. I have continued to use it ever since.

When I purchased my company a few years ago the name was Bluestone Graphics. I never really cared much for it but since the company had been in business for 20+ years I figured it had a reputation whether it be good or bad. So I changed it to Bluestone Printing & Graphics.

"Blinded By Science" is of course an old Thomas Dolby song that had a very clever video. The song (and the video) have a rather interesting story line with a clever double meaning. Still get a chuckle when I listen to the song and the words therein.

I've used this handle for almost ten years when I started becoming active in forums, and for better or worse, it sorta stuck.

Cheers, gents - B.B.S.

Too dang complicated. Lets just say I'm really happier now with a wife and child. I endeavor to live in the world, but not of it.

I'm Irish, 'nuff said :D

...also went to Notre Dame & was born on St. Patty's Day.

Puff She Puff is the name of a song by my favorite reggae band, Black Uhuru. I needed a user name to download some music and was listening to that song at the time. I've used it ever since.

Jim

Rod = just my name. Yet, everyday I get called: Ron, Rob, Ross, Roc, Todd, but rarely Rod. EVERY DAY, and I'm not referring to CP, just in general. It's like I'm the only Rod out there, and the name is so foreign to everyone that they just can't get it right. Sorry, I got a little carried away. :D Carry on...

- RoD

I was known as ZeonZaku when I used to compete in world video game competitions. However I abandoned that online identity for HoshNasi, when a particular Japanese professor I had in college took my name Josh Nass and NEVER spoke it correctly. When returning test/homework he would yell a loud and distinct "Hosh Nasi", it soon became my new nickname. Most my buddies from college still call me on a joke, or when drunk.

Rod = just my name. Yet, everyday I get called: Ron, Rob, Ross, Roc, Todd, but rarely Rod. EVERY DAY, and I'm not referring to CP, just in general. It's like I'm the only Rod out there, and the name is so foreign to everyone that they just can't get it right. Sorry, I got a little carried away. :D Carry on...

- RoD

Haha, that reminds me of a classic Simpsons ep. The inanimate carbon rod used to close the shuttle door during re-entry.

655241592_f2b07a2a14_o.gif

I'll leave the reason go for now. It'll be the subject of a future contest. When...I don' know!

"Jack Straw" - song done by The Grateful Dead.

Words by Bob Weir, music by Robert Hunter

First recorded on The Dead's album, "Europe '72"

"Jack Straw from Wichita
Cut his buddy down
Dug for him a shallow grave
And layed his body down"

Many think Jack killed and buried his buddy Shannon, others, myself included, think Shannon is caught and hung, and Jack Straw cuts the rope holding up the corpse, and buries his friend's body.

My name is Louis DeVito. Many years ago I had a couple of consultants working for me at Citibank and they started calling me LouieD. Soon everyone, including my manager at the time, was calling me by that name. So, the moniker has stuck with me.

Ok, so I am a huge poker fan. The regular game I play in is with about 6 or 7 of my good friends. I had a couple nicknames already from poker. The first was "Deuces" because one of my favorite hands in poker is pocket deuces and whenever I get it I seem to win. The other nickname I had was "Two Pair" because whenever I had two pair in a game I usually ended up getting sucked out on and losing. So one night we are playing and someone had invited a friend over to play. He thought he was the best poker player in the world. So a little ways into the game I get dealt pocket deuces. Pre-flop bets go out and I just limp in. He decides to be a big shot and make a pot size raise, to which almost everyone calls. I call as well. The flop comes out 2-2-Ace and I see his eyes light up. I also see everyone else at the table's eyes light up because they see two 2's on the table and know that if I'm still in the hand that there is about to be trouble for someone, so obviously everyone checks except the new guy who doesn't know my nickname is "deuces". He puts out another pot sized bet and everyone else folds. I take my time and act like I am on a straight draw and finally decide to call. The turn is a 10, no help to either of us. The river is a queen and I have a disappointed look on my face, as if I missed my straight. He proceeds to tell me that its a shame I wasted all that money when his hand was good the whole time and pushes all in and since I am pretty committed I call. He proudly flips over his pocket aces giving him a full house and asks me what I have. I just look up at him and say, "all i have is two pair".... he stands up and starts shouting about how good he is and that he dominated me with his full house and starts to rake his chips in. Another person at the table says that the hand isn't over because I needed to show my hand. I grab my cards, flip them over and say, "I only have 2 pair, deuces and deuces". He is obviously confused as to why I am raking in the chips now and stands there for about a minute before his face turns beet red, he grabs his jacket and heads for the door to leave. He opens the door, stops and turns around and looks right at me and yells,"THAT SON OF A!!!!" and storms out the door. We had to stop the game for about 5 minutes so everyone could stop laughing.

thatsonofa has been my nickname ever since.

In 1996 my wife and I, with 4 kids, crossed the Atlantic ocean on a 42' sail boat. We left from Cape Town, South Africa and took 1 year cruising to get to the States .

Our sailing experience prior to the crossing was 2 weeks. We did a "yacht hand" course for a week...teaches you to crew, and we did a "skippers" course for one week
which teaches you how to handle your yacht...navigation, mooring, boat control.

Our yacht was named Infinity. She took us through some crazy rides and about 10,000 to 12,000 nautical miles. Ignorance is Bliss.

I use the handle in tribute to a strong, safe lady.

Brian