• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting a Handle on your "Handle"

Merkin is "false hair for the female pudenda". Mullet refers to the hairstyle. So a merkin mullet is a pubic hair wig for women that says business in front and party in the back. I have no idea why or how, it just sounded good at the time.

MX - Well it is, after all, everyones favorite Cold War relic.

or it could be a real short version of my last name.....

you decide

Tim

It sounded cool when I was 8 and needed a name for some game on my 286.

Ok, so I am a huge poker fan. The regular game I play in is with about 6 or 7 of my good friends. I had a couple nicknames already from poker. The first was "Deuces" because one of my favorite hands in poker is pocket deuces and whenever I get it I seem to win. The other nickname I had was "Two Pair" because whenever I had two pair in a game I usually ended up getting sucked out on and losing. So one night we are playing and someone had invited a friend over to play. He thought he was the best poker player in the world. So a little ways into the game I get dealt pocket deuces. Pre-flop bets go out and I just limp in. He decides to be a big shot and make a pot size raise, to which almost everyone calls. I call as well. The flop comes out 2-2-Ace and I see his eyes light up. I also see everyone else at the table's eyes light up because they see two 2's on the table and know that if I'm still in the hand that there is about to be trouble for someone, so obviously everyone checks except the new guy who doesn't know my nickname is "deuces". He puts out another pot sized bet and everyone else folds. I take my time and act like I am on a straight draw and finally decide to call. The turn is a 10, no help to either of us. The river is a queen and I have a disappointed look on my face, as if I missed my straight. He proceeds to tell me that its a shame I wasted all that money when his hand was good the whole time and pushes all in and since I am pretty committed I call. He proudly flips over his pocket aces giving him a full house and asks me what I have. I just look up at him and say, "all i have is two pair".... he stands up and starts shouting about how good he is and that he dominated me with his full house and starts to rake his chips in. Another person at the table says that the hand isn't over because I needed to show my hand. I grab my cards, flip them over and say, "I only have 2 pair, deuces and deuces". He is obviously confused as to why I am raking in the chips now and stands there for about a minute before his face turns beet red, he grabs his jacket and heads for the door to leave. He opens the door, stops and turns around and looks right at me and yells,"THAT SON OF A!!!!" and storms out the door. We had to stop the game for about 5 minutes so everyone could stop laughing.

thatsonofa has been my nickname ever since.

Brutal Slowroll

Before I was married, I collected steam related items and wanted to build a small steam powered boat to cuise around on the Ohio river.

I got the nickname from a guy I used to work with who seemed to think that I shared some character traits with Swifty Lazar, combined with the fact that my last name (Lassard) rhymes with Lazar. My avatar is actually a picture of Swifty Lazar.

mines is pretty easy i am from the bronx and i i am a cigar fan

Ok, so I am a huge poker fan. The regular game I play in is with about 6 or 7 of my good friends. I had a couple nicknames already from poker. The first was "Deuces" because one of my favorite hands in poker is pocket deuces and whenever I get it I seem to win. The other nickname I had was "Two Pair" because whenever I had two pair in a game I usually ended up getting sucked out on and losing. So one night we are playing and someone had invited a friend over to play. He thought he was the best poker player in the world. So a little ways into the game I get dealt pocket deuces. Pre-flop bets go out and I just limp in. He decides to be a big shot and make a pot size raise, to which almost everyone calls. I call as well. The flop comes out 2-2-Ace and I see his eyes light up. I also see everyone else at the table's eyes light up because they see two 2's on the table and know that if I'm still in the hand that there is about to be trouble for someone, so obviously everyone checks except the new guy who doesn't know my nickname is "deuces". He puts out another pot sized bet and everyone else folds. I take my time and act like I am on a straight draw and finally decide to call. The turn is a 10, no help to either of us. The river is a queen and I have a disappointed look on my face, as if I missed my straight. He proceeds to tell me that its a shame I wasted all that money when his hand was good the whole time and pushes all in and since I am pretty committed I call. He proudly flips over his pocket aces giving him a full house and asks me what I have. I just look up at him and say, "all i have is two pair".... he stands up and starts shouting about how good he is and that he dominated me with his full house and starts to rake his chips in. Another person at the table says that the hand isn't over because I needed to show my hand. I grab my cards, flip them over and say, "I only have 2 pair, deuces and deuces". He is obviously confused as to why I am raking in the chips now and stands there for about a minute before his face turns beet red, he grabs his jacket and heads for the door to leave. He opens the door, stops and turns around and looks right at me and yells,"THAT SON OF A!!!!" and storms out the door. We had to stop the game for about 5 minutes so everyone could stop laughing.

thatsonofa has been my nickname ever since.

Pretty much what I called you after the last hockey play-off game. :laugh:

I've used gtadroptop for several years for my e-mail address. My 'toy' is a 1967 Mustang GTA convertible. 'Drop top' is slang for a convertible. And there it is.

Smurf was a handle I got in the Navy because I turn a nice shade of blue when I'm cold. I was going to use it with online gaming, but needed to personalize it a bit. NullSmurf. One of my boys took "SilentSmurf"

Coming up with a screen name was not easy for me. In fact, it delayed my joining CP for a week or two. I am not the most creative or artistic guy in the world. In fact, I have trouble drawing a straight line with a ruler. After kicking a few names around I finally came up with what I am (besides an almost old fart). I am a baby boomer, vintage 52 (year of birth). So there it is, Boomer52. Still not real happy with it but it works.

Dave

I always prefer to just be called 'Sean'. I always tried to use just 'Sean' for e-mail addresses and screen names, but it was always taken. I added the 'Damnit' when I got frustrated with the 'sean183467473' type suggestions they would give me. It just kinda stuck.

Members of my band have it as my stage name. Probably because of the whole similar-to-a-2nd-commandment-no-no thing.

I have a bad habit of making passwords out of stuff laying next to me at the time. It carried over to my handle...

Plus I love coffee.

Hmm,

"Ginseng" has Asian connotations. I'm Chinese and I drink ginseng in my green tea. I've used this handle in various online environments since about 1992.

Wilkey

one or my more notible nicknames in college was Ranger Juan- Juan was spanish for my first name: Jon, and Ranger because i was heavily into NROTC and heavily into camping and everything associated with it in college. So i took Juan from that, and combined it with the first bo of cigars i bought: Cabaiguan Corona Extras. Cabaiguan Juan was born.

B.=Billy HOBS=Hobson

That is my name! YEAH!

The initials for my daughter combined with the numbers I had to come up with on another site when jeht was taken. That was back in 99'

They wrote a song about me...don't ya know?

SweetMelissa the ANGEL :love: