• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting Your Feet Wet Pass #4

Kxthor911 said:

OK so here at work tonight I'm on my phone looking at the cigar list. I would like to take the opus angel share (17.44). I would like to replace this with a viaje double edge sword 2. My questions are these - the original cigar that was taken for the angle share was a double edge sword. Was it the first or the second? Also only smoke Inn had the double edge sword 2 in Stock and the price comes to 18.62 a stick. I looked up the msrp of the cigar and that is 18.63 which is in the 7.5 percent range.
Please forgive any typos. I'm on my phone because we are not allowed Internet at work and I'm trying to be proactive with the pass to get it out Tuesday. Thanks guys.

I believe it was the first.
So would this put and take be OK?

When you get home and near a computer, poke around the Internet and do a little more research on the DES. Then we'll see where we're at with the trade.

Anyone else have an opinion?  :whistling:

I found that I paid 17.63 a stick when I ordered my order from Atlantic the box was 334.95 from them. My personal opinion is since the Double Edge Sword 2 is actually no longer made its a good swap. The Angels Share are rare sticks as well but are made every year. Since I have quite a few of the Viaje's left I do not have a problem making the swap but there are more senior members here that might have an issue with it. That's why I'm asking. :). I'm on my PC now but getting ready to work out a bit and get ready for work tonight. I will be looking at the list and seeing what else I can swap out tonight while at work (for my other puts and takes that is.) Thanks

ironpeddler said:

OK so here at work tonight I'm on my phone looking at the cigar list. I would like to take the opus angel share (17.44). I would like to replace this with a viaje double edge sword 2. My questions are these - the original cigar that was taken for the angle share was a double edge sword. Was it the first or the second? Also only smoke Inn had the double edge sword 2 in Stock and the price comes to 18.62 a stick. I looked up the msrp of the cigar and that is 18.63 which is in the 7.5 percent range.
Please forgive any typos. I'm on my phone because we are not allowed Internet at work and I'm trying to be proactive with the pass to get it out Tuesday. Thanks guys.

When you get home and near a computer, poke around the Internet and do a little more research on the DES. Then we'll see where we're at with the trade.

http://www.seriouscigars.com/Viaje_Cigars_7717_details

318.50/19 = 16.76

http://www.smokeinn.com/eshop/Viaje-CE-Double-Edged-Sword-2.html

353.95/19 = 18.62

$17.69 Final price

Price wise, looks good to me.

Kxthor911 said:
I found that I paid 17.63 a stick when I ordered my order from Atlantic the box was 334.95 from them. My personal opinion is since the Double Edge Sword 2 is actually no longer made its a good swap. The Angels Share are rare sticks as well but are made every year. Since I have quite a few of the Viaje's left I do not have a problem making the swap but there are more senior members here that might have an issue with it. That's why I'm asking. :). I'm on my PC now but getting ready to work out a bit and get ready for work tonight. I will be looking at the list and seeing what else I can swap out tonight while at work (for my other puts and takes that is.) Thanks

whylieineedacigar said:

http://www.seriouscigars.com/Viaje_Cigars_7717_details

318.50/19 = 16.76

http://www.smokeinn.com/eshop/Viaje-CE-Double-Edged-Sword-2.html

353.95/19 = 18.62

$17.69 Final price

Price wise, looks good to me.

Good research Eickel....in light of those numbers, let's call it good trade Nick.  :thumbs:

Gary, thanks. Guys, I'm going to one more day in shipping this, sorry. Worked last night, today/tonight is my first day off in 8 days. I work a rotating shift (12 hour days). I will be going through the pass here in a couple of hours and posting the rest of my puts and takes. Sorry for the delay but work tends to get in the way sometimes.

Kxthor911 said:
Gary, thanks. Guys, I'm going to one more day in shipping this, sorry. Worked last night, today/tonight is my first day off in 8 days. I work a rotating shift (12 hour days). I will be going through the pass here in a couple of hours and posting the rest of my puts and takes. Sorry for the delay but work tends to get in the way sometimes.

Take all the time you need brother.... As long as you get it done by 3:13 PM today of course :laugh:

whylieineedacigar said:

Take all the time you need brother.... As long as you get it done by 3:13 PM today of course :laugh:
Always a smartass in the crew lmao ;). I think the difference here is who is not the smartass lmao.

Kxthor911 said:

No worries Nick...take your time, we all understand. An extra day or two isn't going to kill us.

Open the box, take in the aroma, check out the different cigars you may have never seen before, and then make your selections. In my Pass experiences, when you check out all the cigars, sometimes a few stand out out in person that didn't on paper. Remember, cigars are like women's breasts, you need to touch & feel them in order to get more familiar with their finest traits. 

Enjoy the experience brother!  :thumbs:

Kxthor911 said:

Always a smartass in the crew lmao ;). I think the difference here is who is not the smartass lmao.

:laugh: :laugh: :D

Ok guys just sorted through all the cigars. They look really nice all laid out across my table. The humidity of the box looked good and all the boveda packs inside the ziplock bags are in good shape. Will be posting my puts and takes soon.

First couple of puts and takes!

Take 

AF Opus X Angel Share

Put 

Viaje Double Edge Sword 2

Take 

Tatuaje Black Corona Gorda - 8.97

Put 

Viaje Antidote

Smoke Inn - 5 pack 44.75/5 = 8.95
holts - na
ci - na
serious cigar - 213.50/24 = 8.89
atlantic cigar - 214.00/24 = 8.91

average = 8.91

Take

Don Pepin Blue Fundadore - 7.70

Put

Paul Garmirian Symphony 20 Bombones Extra

Atlantic cigar 198/25 = 7.92
PG website msrp - 220/25 = 8.80

average 8.36 (+/- .41)
Its showing that the cigar must be at least 7.95 but I would like to try this cigar anyways. Can this exception be made?

Ok here are the rest guys...

Take 

Herrera Esteli Piramide - 9.72 (+/- .48)

Put

Viaje Super Lance (My favorite Viaje, these are awesome with 6-8 months)

Serious cigars - 242.95/25 = 9.71
atlantic cigar - 234.00/25 = 9.36
ci - na
famous - na
holts - na
smoke inn - 5 pack 54.00/5 = 10.80

average - 9.95

Take 

Padron 1926 #6 Maduro - 12.38 (+/- .92)

Put

Paul Garmirian Symphony 20 Short Robusto (PG cigars are amazing)

atlantic cigar - 292.50/25 = 11.70
PG website msrp - 325/25 = 13
holts - na
ci - na
famous - na

average - 12.35

Take

Little Gomez Diez Lusitano - 11.14 (+/- .83)

Put

Illusione Ultra #1 (these should have about 18 months on them by now)

smoke inn - 216.00/20 = 10.80
serious cigars 208.50/20 = 10.40

average - 10.60

"Remember, cigars are like women's breasts, you need to touch & feel them in order to get more familiar with their finest traits."

Really ?? Lmao, worst analogy ever for something that you cut and smoke to develop familiarity. 

Cparker said:
"Remember, cigars are like women's breasts, you need to touch & feel them in order to get more familiar with their finest traits."

Really ?? Lmao, worst analogy ever for something that you cut and smoke to develop familiarity.
Oh, but I do so love the touch and feel part.

Kxthor911, you didn't happen to run across the missing El Centurion in the pass did you? It was #63 and I am 99.9% sure (only a Sith deals in absolutes) that it was in there when I sent it along.

Cheers

llwydtp said:
Kxthor911, you didn't happen to run across the missing El Centurion in the pass did you? It was #63 and I am 99.9% sure (only a Sith deals in absolutes) that it was in there when I sent it along.

Cheers

I was wondering the same thing. A cigar can't just disappear and be unaccounted for. Even if an honest mistake was made along the way we need to at least try to figure out who made it and for that person to come forward because obviously they have the cigar in their possession. If someone took a wrong cigar by mistake for their puts then that would be a different story.

Kxthor911 said:
First couple of puts and takes!

Take 

AF Opus X Angel Share

Put 

Viaje Double Edge Sword 2...GOOD

Take 

Tatuaje Black Corona Gorda - 8.97

Put 

Viaje Antidote

Smoke Inn - 5 pack 44.75/5 = 8.95
holts - na
ci - na
serious cigar - 213.50/24 = 8.89
atlantic cigar - 214.00/24 = 8.91

average = 8.91....we don't generally use 5-pack pricing because it's too high. But being so close in price to the box prices, let's call it GOOD

Take

Don Pepin Blue Fundadore - 7.70

Put

Paul Garmirian Symphony 20 Bombones Extra

Atlantic cigar 198/25 = 7.92
PG website msrp - 220/25 = 8.80

average 8.36 (+/- .41)
Its showing that the cigar must be at least 7.95 but I would like to try this cigar anyways. Can this exception be made? YES, but this one is a little shaky with the sources used. Find a few others outside our normal ones.

Still working on others just wanted to let y'all know I'm working on this now.

Kxthor911 said:
Ok here are the rest guys...

Take 

Herrera Esteli Piramide - 9.72 (+/- .48)

Put

Viaje Super Lance (My favorite Viaje, these are awesome with 6-8 months)

Serious cigars - 242.95/25 = 9.71
atlantic cigar - 234.00/25 = 9.36
ci - na
famous - na
holts - na
smoke inn - 5 pack 54.00/5 = 10.80...$250.00/25=$10.00 As per phone call to them.

average - 9.95...again, we don't generally use 5-pack pricing, too high. Go outside the vendors Brian mentioned to get some more box pricing if possible. GOOD

Take 

Padron 1926 #6 Maduro - 12.38 (+/- .92)

Put

Paul Garmirian Symphony 20 Short Robusto (PG cigars are amazing)

atlantic cigar - 292.50/25 = 11.70
PG website msrp - 325/25 = 13
holts - na
ci - na
famous - na

average - 12.35...the PG website is all MSRP. Can you find alternative sources outside our normal ones? 

Take

Little Gomez Diez Lusitano - 11.14 (+/- .83)

Put

Illusione Ultra #1 (these should have about 18 months on them by now)

smoke inn - 216.00/20 = 10.80
serious cigars 208.50/20 = 10.40

average - 10.60...GOOD

Nice job so far Nick...just tune it up a bit as I mentioned above. 

Cparker said:

More of a tactile thing Chip...based solely on the pre-cut ritual. Now the smoking part, that involves lips and....  :whistling:  

whylieineedacigar said:

Cheers

I was wondering the same thing. A cigar can't just disappear and be unaccounted for. Even if an honest mistake was made along the way we need to at least try to figure out who made it and for that person to come forward because obviously they have the cigar in their possession. If someone took a wrong cigar by mistake for their puts then that would be a different story.

Guys...it is what it is. We can't start speculating at this point. 

Paul Garmirian Symphony 20 Bombones Extra - jackswartz has them for 198 a box. Right in line with Atlantic pricing.

Paul Garmirian Symphony 20 short robusto - Jackswartz has them for 292.50. Right in line with atlantic.

I was having some problems finding sources for PGs since they are kinda rare cigars and the 20s are limited editions.
whylieineedacigar said:
Cheers

I laid all the cigars out in order by the numbers on the list. I didn't see number 63. I will look again before I send it off.

Kxthor911 said:

Cheers

I laid all the cigars out in order by the numbers on the list. I didn't see number 63. I will look again before I send it off.

I did the same and took pictures just in case. I looked everywhere and could not find #63. :(