• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Giving them Away (Contest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the link to my introduction thread:
http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...topic=16015&hl=

Hey everyone,
Just found this forum and I am loving it. I am faily new to cigars, following my fathers newfound interest. Just got my first humidor and bought a few cigars to make it look a little less empty.

Well, I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time here, so just wanted to introduce myself.

-bursty (Chris)

Figured I would post a quick picture of what my humi looks like. I know, its a little empty, I'm working on it.
Punch Rare Corojo, two Monte Cristo Whites, Maximus (a recommendation of my local cigar shop), a PAM64 and a PAN 26. Yes I am a beginner so if I messed any of these names up, please be kind.
smalldsc007826ex.jpg

Well, I've come a long way already since then, but I have a feeling I will always be a newb compared to most here. :p

Not the most dynamic intro, but thought I'd give it a shot since I meet the other criteria.

LilBastage said:
:D Hey everybody!

Just introducing myself after about a month of lurking. I am fairly new to seriously enjoying cigars, but have had some experience with them for years. I just bought my first "real" humidor (been using a cedar-lined handgun case I converted for about a year) and am in the process of setting up a cooler for bulk storage in the future.

I am looking forward to sharing my new experiences with you all and getting great guidance from the elder BOTL (already have the beads thanks to all of you).

alan
[snapback]241706[/snapback]​

Already learning so much by lurking and searching, I don't really post much. Looking to change that as time goes by and my experience deepens. I am trying so many new cigars it is almost ridiculous to say the least. It is getting harder though with the onset of winter and the cold temps that ruin any tasting experience.

Okay, I'm game... here is a copy of my intro.

Posted on: Oct 26 2005, 11:55 AM

Just wanted to introduce myself. As is so often the case, I've lurked for a while and decided that I should say hello.

My quick info: I'm a physician in my mid 30's and fairly new to cigars, but I'm thoroughly enjoying myself!

This is a great board and I appreciate all the wisdom being passed along... or is that down? Hopefully, I will have something positive to add.

Mark

Thanks for starting this thread, Cletus! Here is a quote of my intro:
Roy R. Frush said:
Hello, all! Been checking out your site for a while and decided to join in the fun. I'm currently in NYC via Chicago. I have recently revived my interest in cigars after a period of several years of infrequent smoking. I was smoking a lot during the mid to late 90's, but after moving out to NY, I no longer smoked regularly. A buddy of mine back in Chicago(burbs) owns a cigar shop and has some of my old stash in storage and I make a point of visiting whenever I'm in town and enjoying some of these goodies. It's nice to be able to smoke cigars with some age on them without having felt like I had to deprive myself all these years, since I wasn't smoking frequently. Unfortunately, now that I have renewed an interest in cigars, I may feel like I have to fight the urge to fire 'em all up. What rekindled my interest was a trip to Europe from where I brought back a box of nice smokes. It's kind of a drag now that the weather has turned cold out here--not too many places to smoke indoors in NYC without paying outrageous membership fees... Anyway, looking forward to getting to know some new folks on the board!
[snapback]261641[/snapback]​

I have already been on the receiving end of others willingness to share information freely. It seems like there is a real brotherhood here. My username is the handle I use on a lot of poker sites. I am of Asian descent, and the name is easier to understand in the context of poker, especially on a site that allows me to post an Asian face as an avatar. I saw that CP also has regular poker games, so I figured I'd use it here as well. I tend to be a fairly private individual. As a result, I have a real phobia of posting personal information on the web. In any case, it's awfully nice of you and the other members to offer such a hearty welcome to us new guys. Thanks again!

...been so many new guys lately that I've clearly fallen behind in saying hello in the new guys in their intro threads. Hopefully, my 5-er will say "hey there" for me.... :thumbs:

Best regards to the new guys, and KEEP 'EM COMING....!!!

Cheers - B.B.S.

Mines real boring but, here it is. Since it's so boring, I added a little piece at the end to up my score.:D

Dre said:
Hi all. I've been reading this board for a while, and trying to sift thru all the info here(there's alot.) I use to smoke cigars when I was younger, pretty much what ever I came across. Now a days I'm taking then more serious, but still have a lot to learn. Anyways glad to be hear and don't hesitate to offer some advice.
[snapback]257567[/snapback]​
yummy.gif

Just wondering, if I post twice do I double my chances of winning? :D Thought it was worth a shot at least. :whistling:

HT73 said:
Hi there guys. I live in central CT and the truth is I've been signing on to CP and reading several of the forum posts and reviews and finally decided to make it official and introduce myself. I've been smoking for about a year and a half now and I've found that the more I smoke, read, and talk to fellow aficionados, the more intrigued I get :D I look forward to being part of CP and sharing knowledge and experiences of what it is that we all enjoy.
[snapback]254189[/snapback]​

Well here's mine for what it worth. Thanks again for the genorosity Cletus.

chrls67 said:
Hello everyone. Another newbie here. I've been enjoying cigars now for about 5 years. I don't keep to many cigars on hand as my humidor is not that big but I do have another one on the way and may try this cooler-dor idea if I find myself in need of more room. I'm in socal and met fetterjohn and atuck at the Toast Across America in Newport Beach a few weeks ago. Fetterjohn told me about the site and I've been checking it out. Finally got around to registering. I don't know if I have much to bring to the table here as most of you seem more knowledgable than me but hopefully I'll learn some things.

Charley
[snapback]236797[/snapback]​

Here's mine......Nothing special, but I've been lurking with the best of them since then.....

Rumblin said:
Hey guys. Noobie from Chicago here. I actually stumbled on to this board via happy accident (haccident?) when I went looking on Yahoo for a Rowan's Creek (Bourbon)review and found AVB's excellent scotch/bourbon review page.

Whereas I can talk about Scotches all day (or at least for an hour or two), I'm a real neophyte when it comes to cigars. I just started smoking them about 3 years ago (based upon the fact that my brothers/father-in-law all smoke) and have only really only touched the tip of the iceburg in figuring out what I like and what I don't. So, I figure this is about the best place to lurk and get ideas of what I might like to try in my ventures to the cigar shop.
[snapback]247635[/snapback]​

You guys are killing me!! I can't bear the anxiety! Oh the humanity. This is absolute torture!! Good torture nonetheless. :p

cletus said:
Disclaimer:
A couple of the intro posts were dated after the contest started, so thats why
those people did not place.

Thxs Again for posting

Everybody did a great job.
[snapback]262790[/snapback]​

What a joke. I joined after the contest started, yet this was a contest for newbies.

This should have been open to anyone under 100 posts or under so many days on the forum.

Mindflux said:
cletus said:
Disclaimer:

Thxs Again for posting

What a joke. I joined after the contest started, yet this was a contest for newbies.

This should have been open to anyone under 100 posts or under so many days on the forum.
[snapback]264844[/snapback]​

The phrase "Doesn't Get It" seems to fit all too perfectly here....

WOW 2nd place!!!

I really had no idea that I'd even be close. Many thanks to Cletus as well as BlindedByScience and Tdog (plus anyone else that may have pitched in)!

Cletus, this was a cool idea and can only help to make this great board even better. Especially with so many new people joining and more importantly to those who "Get It" or at least try to show them what it means to be a BOTL.

Way to go man. To you, BlindedByScience and Tdog... I hope you have a very Happy Holiday and New Year!

Mark

edited: for spelling

IgwanaRob said:
Mindflux said:
cletus said:
Disclaimer:

Thxs Again for posting

[snapback]264968[/snapback]​

If "Doesn't Get It" means "This contest was scripted unfairly to not include people who are just now joining the forums and have two smokes to their name and would love the opportunity to 'win' some" Then yes, you are completely correct.

If by "Doesn't Get It" you're insinuating I just Don't get it.. you'd be wrong. I get it.

Mindflux said:
IgwanaRob said:
Mindflux said:
cletus said:
Disclaimer:

Thxs Again for posting

[snapback]264968[/snapback]​

If "Doesn't Get It" means "This contest was scripted unfairly to not include people who are just now joining the forums and have two smokes to their name and would love the opportunity to 'win' some" Then yes, you are completely correct.

If by "Doesn't Get It" you're insinuating I just Don't get it.. you'd be wrong. I get it.
[snapback]265001[/snapback]​

I'm not very well loved here... but even I know you don't "get it" Take my advice on something I learned the hard way, Things are done differently here. Your not entitled to anything here, free cigars most of all. So don't piss anyone off and you will find the people here are VERY GENEROUS. Piss them off and well lol you'll be fighting an uphill battle for the rest of your stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.