• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Golden Ticket (Spooky Ticket)

I can't help but laugh at you guys calling him a scam artist. Pete can't follow state laws, but the guy who called him on it is a scam artist. Truly rich.

WWWD= What Would Wonka Do? :whistling:

Of course I can't find the picture now but there was mention of being able to buy sheets of the tickets once the drawing was done so people could have the artwork. On the ticket I'm sure it said "no purchase necessary" so while this guy may have f'd it up for people why even put that on your ticket if you know full well the only way to get one is to purchase one?

Found it! Here it is, on the bottom of the ticket on the right.

il_fullxfull.104457741.jpg

I can't help but laugh at you guys calling him a scam artist. Pete can't follow state laws, but the guy who called him on it is a scam artist. Truly rich.

Do you think this will effect the Easter egg hunt and breakfast with Peter Cotton Tail?

Do you think this will effect the Easter egg hunt and breakfast with Peter Cotton Tail?

Hopefully by then my legal team will have all the kinks worked out. I'm still trying to figure out how to dip the boxes in the dye without getting the cigars wet.

The guy who 'called him out' belongs to a sweepstakes forum and has quite possibly never held so much as an unlit cigar. Regardless of whether or not Pete Johnson followed state laws, this is truly rich.

Some good can come from all of this though. We should all be able to sleep soundly knowing there are brave men, women and possible sociopaths monitoring our nation's sweepstakes.

The guy who 'called him out' belongs to a sweepstakes forum and has quite possibly never held so much as an unlit cigar. Regardless of whether or not Pete Johnson followed state laws, this is truly rich.

Some good can come from all of this though. We should all be able to sleep soundly knowing there are brave men, women and possible sociopaths monitoring our nation's sweepstakes.

True. But the whole "no purchase necessary" thing was brought up on the board here a while back and raise a couple eyebrows at the time. I just don't see how something like that gets past a legal team.

Tatuaje is the Apple Computers of the cigar world. Cult like following and the company can do no wrong according to its followers.

I'll keep smoking them, though, as I love the way they taste. :)

What a doucher! All because one asshat didnt want to be like everyone else and get a box. I didnt buy a box and you dont see me crying foul.

Scam artist is definitely the wrong word... Killjoy is better. It just bothers me how proud those other posters were of him for getting the contest shut down. If he was really just interested in letting Pete know that he had screwed up, he wouldn't have posted it on a forum for people that try to gain advantages in sweepstakes.

Hopefully these guys get some sweet giftbags, or maybe multiple ones.

This year's monster release has been a nightmare... but, third time's the charm, right?

It is incredible how proud the OP, and most of the other people are. On the other hand, I do think that the contest was run very poorly. And I think I read something about a class action lawsuit by the 13 finders, that is a valid possibility. I would certainly hope that it never comes to that, given the spirit of the BOTL, but people do crazy things sometimes.

PJ better hand out some AWESOME gift bags, and might want to consider following it up with a legal waiver of some sort.

What a clusterfuck. Pete should do the rounds on the boards and let people know his position on all this. Honestly given the amount of attention his smokes get on this board you would think he might get past the old beef and show up to give all the fanboys here some lip service. The whistle blower is a bit pretentious and it was sort of a jerk off thing to do, but he may be right in that he possibly saved Pete a ton of money and heartache (in the event someone more scummy decided to sue the company for violating sweepstakes laws).

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this or not, but i know someone that had a ticket. Pete called him on 11/30 and told him the contest is off. Apparently a scam artist was trying to sue to get in the drawing since somewhere it said no purchase necessary. This guy has tried other scams in the past. Pete said he would send out gift bags to all people with registered tickets. That really sucks.

Does anybody see a bit of a difference between this statement and that of the guy who emailed Pete? The whistleblower didn't threaten legal action, just mentioned that Pete was violating state laws.

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this or not, but i know someone that had a ticket. Pete called him on 11/30 and told him the contest is off. Apparently a scam artist was trying to sue to get in the drawing since somewhere it said no purchase necessary. This guy has tried other scams in the past. Pete said he would send out gift bags to all people with registered tickets. That really sucks.

Does anybody see a bit of a difference between this statement and that of the guy who emailed Pete? The whistleblower didn't threaten legal action, just mentioned that Pete was violating state laws.

Cigrsmkr gave the Tatuaje-cult version of events. :p

Cigrsmkr gave the Tatuaje-cult version of events. :p

I can't get over the feeling that everything is connected in some vast conspiracy. I'll be sniffing glue and connecting the dots in my basement, if anybody needs me.

-Mark

Good thing none of those ACLU asshat's smokes... Cigars that is. I'm sure they smoke something else by the bong full. ;)