• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Golden Ticket (Spooky Ticket)

Dude, Brooks... chill.

Why would you SAY that he knew where they are (whether you mean which boxes, or which stores) when you have no idea if it is actually true?

I don't care about fair or unfair, but why talk out of your ass?

The fact that I was talking about the BOXES and not the STORES is the central point of this issue.

What I said was that Pete told us in Dallas that he knew which BOXES the tickets are in. He even told us HOW he knows.

I NEVER said he knew where the boxes (with the tickets) went. (Although he might). Anybody is welcome to point out a quote that (definitively, mind you) proves me wrong. No one can, because it does not exist.

(In fact, I tried to clarify my statement in post #45 AND post #47...which were promptly ignored, apparently.)

I was not the only one there guys.

This is a stupid conversation based on a misinterpretation of what I said, nothing more.

~brooks

I'm just going to ignore your earlier post questioning my intellect and get right to the heart of the discussion. You said he knows what boxes they are in, then wouldn't it also stand to reason that he knows where said boxes went?

You basically stated so in your first post even if you didn't mean to. You then went on to get defensive when asked to clarify. Can you really not see how people could interpret your statement the way we did?

This whole Drac thing from the release to this point has been a major clusterfuck and we can only hope he straightens this out for next year.

My biggest concern would be Pete who put these tickets into boxes. Why did Pete not smell the paint in these boxes he was placing tickets in? I doubt he placed tickets in unfinished boxes. If he knows which boxes had tickets then he must have placed them after the boxes were finished. I would rather delay the shipment a few weeks. Sure there would be some people disappointed but at least the boxes could have dried. It sure beats what is happening know where people are down right pissed off that the cigars smell like paint. ???

Dude, Brooks... chill.

Why would you SAY that he knew where they are (whether you mean which boxes, or which stores) when you have no idea if it is actually true?

I don't care about fair or unfair, but why talk out of your ass?

The fact that I was talking about the BOXES and not the STORES is the central point of this issue.

What I said was that Pete told us in Dallas that he knew which BOXES the tickets are in. He even told us HOW he knows.

I NEVER said he knew where the boxes (with the tickets) went. (Although he might). Anybody is welcome to point out a quote that (definitively, mind you) proves me wrong. No one can, because it does not exist.

(In fact, I tried to clarify my statement in post #45 AND post #47...which were promptly ignored, apparently.)

I was not the only one there guys.

This is a stupid conversation based on a misinterpretation of what I said, nothing more.

~brooks

You said he knows what boxes they are in, then wouldn't it also stand to reason that he knows where said boxes went?

As I said, it is possible, but as far as I know, he did not say that he knew exactly where each box with the tickets were going.

You basically stated so in your first post even if you didn't mean to. You then went on to get defensive when asked to clarify. Can you really not see how people could interpret your statement the way we did?

I was not "Asked to Clarify". Again and again people on this thread chose to read what they wanted to read. "Basically Stated" is open to interpretation, is it not? And not the same as "Definitely Stated"...I stand by the fact that I never meant to imply that Pete knew where each box with the tickets in them were specifically going. Read Post #45 and #47 again...I DID clarify my comments, as soon as someone said something about them...

This whole Drac thing from the release to this point has been a major clusterfuck and we can only hope he straightens this out for next year.

This we can agree on...the group in Dallas must have talked for about an hour bouncing ideas back and forth, and I honestly think next year will be quite a bit better in terms of how the boxes are sold...

~brooks

uptown - yes it is their policy. Any "collectible" tobacco sale must be in an unopened package. Also, if I say what state, people will know that that state won't be winning anymore tickets. Not something I want to do till at least after the 31st.

You realize these were placed in random boxes, that were sent out randomly. For all you know there could be another one in the same B&M, but I'm sure Pete will appreciate you not outing where one ended up. I mean he doesn't have a post on his site saying what state the first one was found in or anything. :rolleyes:

That is actually not true, he knows exactly where they are...There is a way to tell which boxes they are in...

~brooks

So he knew where he was sending them? Which means it's not a random contest more Pete rewarding the customers of certain shops. I hope that's not really the case, but based on what you're saying I guess it is.

No, what I am saying is that there is a way to tell without having to look in the box. So, if he came across one, he would know.

Stop using your hate of Pete to put words in my mouth.

~brooks

I guess you missed the part where I say I hope that isn't the case. I like Pete actually. I've met him smoked with him and really enjoy his cigars.

You basically said he knew where the tickets were going and are now trying to point the finger everywhere but at yourself for saying it. I've seen your posts on numerous boards and in every one Pete's Johnson is halfway down your throat. This board is objective and we like clarification of statements.

Really dude? Did that at all contribute to this thread? If you're going to attempt to speak for the board, don't toss out insults in the same post.

uptown - yes it is their policy. Any "collectible" tobacco sale must be in an unopened package. Also, if I say what state, people will know that that state won't be winning anymore tickets. Not something I want to do till at least after the 31st.

You realize these were placed in random boxes, that were sent out randomly. For all you know there could be another one in the same B&M, but I'm sure Pete will appreciate you not outing where one ended up. I mean he doesn't have a post on his site saying what state the first one was found in or anything. :rolleyes:

That is actually not true, he knows exactly where they are...There is a way to tell which boxes they are in...

~brooks

So he knew where he was sending them? Which means it's not a random contest more Pete rewarding the customers of certain shops. I hope that's not really the case, but based on what you're saying I guess it is.

No, what I am saying is that there is a way to tell without having to look in the box. So, if he came across one, he would know.

Stop using your hate of Pete to put words in my mouth.

~brooks

I guess you missed the part where I say I hope that isn't the case. I like Pete actually. I've met him smoked with him and really enjoy his cigars.

You basically said he knew where the tickets were going and are now trying to point the finger everywhere but at yourself for saying it. I've seen your posts on numerous boards and in every one Pete's Johnson is halfway down your throat. This board is objective and we like clarification of statements.

Really dude? Did that at all contribute to this thread? If you're going to attempt to speak for the board, don't toss out insults in the same post.

You know what you're right. I definitely shouldn't have gone that route with this.

Jay, didn't you get run off some other forum for talking about people's johnsons? I thought you learned your lesson

This interview with Pete explains he knows which boxes goes where and explains why :whistling: The Cigar Weekly

Part 3 of the interview.... He says he knows what boxes go to what retailer by the hand painted number on the boxes.... He doesnt say anything about knowing what boxes have the golden tickets in them though.

Did I hear him right in Part 3 around the 1:30 mark? No purchase necessary? Ok. I'd like a ticket please. :laugh:

Elittle knows where the boxes are. PM him for more info. He's also selling some. PM him for those, too.

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this or not, but i know someone that had a ticket. Pete called him on 11/30 and told him the contest is off. Apparently a scam artist was trying to sue to get in the drawing since somewhere it said no purchase necessary. This guy has tried other scams in the past. Pete said he would send out gift bags to all people with registered tickets. That really sucks.

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this or not, but i know someone that had a ticket. Pete called him on 11/30 and told him the contest is off. Apparently a scam artist was trying to sue to get in the drawing since somewhere it said no purchase necessary. This guy has tried other scams in the past. Pete said he would send out gift bags to all people with registered tickets. That really sucks.

Wow this whole Drac/Boris thing was a disaster. Now we got no bike raffle. Pete and the gang really screwed this one up. :(