• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good beer with a smoke?

My favorites:

Pacifico
Dos XX
Saporo
Kirin
Michellob Ultra (if I want something light)

There are others, however my all time favorites are Mexican and Japanese.

Shadow said:
Yuengling Lager or Porter.

Guinness.

Good choices for strong cigars :cool:

for mellow smokes I prefer a mild beer like Warsteiner Pilsner

But nothing beats a Andechs Double Bock and a good full-bodied cigar.

And speaking of Yuengling, if your ever in the Pottsville PA area...

the brewery tour is a must! Just try to get there before 10am the first tour starts at 10:00 and the last tour starts at 13:30.

Yuengling Lager, Rolling Rock, and Killian's Irish Red are my favorite brews, great while smoking and while not..

My go-to beer is Old Milwaukee, not to be confused with Milwaukee's Best aka Beast.

Rated top of its class in Consumer Reports magazine. I sh!t you not.

It's a great beer.

I usually like a darker, stronger beer to go with a good cigar...Fat Tire, Guiness, Sam Adams...all some of my favorites. Ive been brewing my own stuff for years and my all time favorite is a dark Raspberry Lager with a nice strong cigar on the back porch on a summer afternoon.

I had this the other day thanks to seamus

Decadence is our Tenth Anniversay spiced amber ale. This is a very limited production, brwed only once, to celebrate ten fantastic years in business. This ale weighs in at 13% ABV and is a fantastic sipper, especially after dinner or consider paring it with a good book on a cool fall evening. Decadence is brewed with honey, cardamom spice and gentian ( a rare botanical!) This ale is very unique and will develop finewr character when aged at cellar temperatures

Very good beer with a cigar, sweet and spicy. Here is their homepage http://www.weyerbacher.com/

GUinness or Negra Modelo if I want something dark; and for lighter beers Heineken or Corona. those are my top4.

willygt said:
GUinness or Negra Modelo if I want something dark; and for lighter beers Heineken or Corona. those are my top4.
[snapback]242096[/snapback]​

Guiness is good. Never had Negra Modelo.

Not a fan of the other two, I am an IPA kinda guy.

I enjoy darker beers when I smoke so my all-time favorite is Abita Turbo Dog - a micro brew out of Abita Springs, LA - it is fantastic!

Well...Personally, I prefer my OWN beer while I enjoy a cigar. Also do Meads and Ciders as well. All of them go with cigars. Smokies Delight is a wonderful beer and so is Smokies Delight Jr and Sr. Havent thought of a better name for Jr and Sr yet, but its just a beefed up version of Smokies. Hell, my Irish Stout rocks and so does my Belgian style beers. Ok ok...You get the idea.

Now on to commercial styles. The list is endless. Unibroue, Duvel, Rogue's 2IPA, Bells, Young's Dirty Dick and Ram Rod, Goose Island IPA, White Winter Blueberry mead, White Winter Traditional Braggot, Fraoch Heather Ale, Sierra Nevada Big Foot Barley Wine, and yet the list still continues. I think my different beer bottles in my collection is around 100. :laugh: So you do the math at what the list would look like. So with that said, I would consider myself a Beer Guru. But I :love: Single Malt Scotches.

Too Clarify...Blue Moon's parent company is Coors. Which is a real shock cuz I dont mind Blue Moon Belgian White Ale aka unfiltered wheat beer.

natejustice said:
Yuengling Lager, Rolling Rock, and Killian's Irish Red are my favorite brews, great while smoking and while not..
[snapback]235046[/snapback]​

Agreed. I also am a fan of all Boulevard. I believe it is out of Kansas City.

Usually Jack or Scotch, however, also been known to take down a Guinness with a Brazilia. Yum.

Kayak_Rat said:
natejustice said:
[snapback]235046[/snapback]​

Agreed. I also am a fan of all Boulevard. I believe it is out of Kansas City.
[snapback]255778[/snapback]​

Yes Boulevard is from Kansas City. 7 years ago their beer was far better than it is now. Due to production and distribution increase the quality has suffered. But still decent.

guinness1.jpg

Damn Swissy...now I'm drooling all over the keyboard again...BASTAG!