• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good Morning S / BOTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all and TGIF. The coffee is on and as always on Friday, I'll be headin' over to the West Point Dining Facility (mess hall) for some good Army chow. We all had a great time last night at Schlesinger's smokin' cigars and watchin' the Rangers vs. the Flyers hockey game on the wide screen. I smoked the 1st of my shipment of cigars from Smoke Magazine that I have to review for the next edition and it was great. I hope all eight of them will be as good or tastier but we'll see. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend and you enjoy the Superbowl on Sunday........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Oh yeah, we are 3 weeks from the Quad State Herf III!!!!!

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. We had a pretty crappy day yesterday weather wise starting off with a major ice storm switching to frozen rain which resulted in closing down roads all over. Once I mad it home last night, I was in for the count. Today is looking a lot better with a mix of sun and clouds with the temps reaching the mid 40s. I'll be out and about most of the day and hopefully I can squeeze a stogie in there some where. Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys a favorite or two as well....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Good Sunday morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, it's Superbowl Sunday today and the game comes on at 1800 (6pm) est. We have a couple of packages of chicken wings out that I'm still not sure how I'm gonna prepare yet. Also, I have to run to the beverage store to pick up special beers, so that may determine how hot I make the wings. Yesterday was pretty much of a relaxing day watching TV while I was home and when I was out, I stopped by Schlesinger's and smoked #8 & #9 of my shipment of cigars from Smoke Magazine. Two totally different cigars, both having good and bad characteristics. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and you get to enjoy a few of your favorites while your favorite team wins........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Oh yeah, we are less that 3 weeks from the Quad State Herf III!!!!!

Good morning all and a big congrats to the Giants. The coffee is on and much appreciated. It's nice to see that the 72' Dolphins are still the only undefeated team out there in the NFL. Oh well, there's always next year to break that record. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a favorite or two or........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. It looks like bagels are on this morning's menu and Beth said that homemade shepards pie is for dinner this evening. Being that today is Fat Tuesday, no meat tomorrow or for the next 7 Fridays either. We're big seafood eaters anyway, so this shouldn't be a bad 40 days then. I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy......... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Good mornin' everyone and Happy Hump Day. As always, the joe is brewin' and I'm thankful for it. We're have some above normal tempatures this week reaching the 50s and that's not what is expected in the 1st week of February. Oh well, enjoy the day and smoke a favorite or two when you get the chance....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. It's official, the NASCAR Sprint series starts today with the Bud Shoot Out line up and all which will be Saturday night. This is the beginning of speed week down in Daytona with the finally of the Daytona 500 a week from this coming Sunday. Well, since today is Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening enjoy fine cigars watching it on the wide screens. If your local and you get the time, stop on by and if not, I hope you enjoy yourself as well and smoke a favorite cigar........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Good morning everyone and TGIF. The coffee is brewin' and being that it's Friday, I'll be headin' over to the West Point Dining Facility (mess hall) for some good Army chow. Hopefully the SOS is not to lumpy and the homefries are real. Well, we had a great time last night at Schlesinger's smokin' cigars and talkin' sports all evening. I'm halfway through my shipment of cigars from Smoke Magazine that I have to review, I have 4 more to smoke between tonight and the 15th and it looks like I'll make it :D . Anyway, I hope all of you have a great weekend and you enjoy a few of your favorites as well........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Oh yeah, we are two weeks from the Quad State Herf!!!!!!

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. I'm plannin' on going out to the local bagel shop this morning to pick up a couple of breakfast muffins for Beth and I. Later on I'll probably go out and stop by Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars and smoke a stogie or two. Then this evening is the NASCAR Bud Shootout which we all know is the 1st race of the season and it kicks off Speed Week down in Daytona. It should be another great racing season as tempers raised already last night during practice for tonight's race.

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/...usch/index.html

http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2008/02/08...tml?MostPopular

Well, I hope everyone has a superb Saturday and enjoys a couple of your favorites....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

2 weeks from today and we'll be Herfin'!!!!!!

Good Sunday morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. It was great to see Dale Earnhardt Jr. win the Bud Shootout last night especially since he's my favorite driver and more over after leaving DEI last year and moving to Hendrick Racing.

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/...dtjr/index.html

Next Sunday is the Daytona 500 and hopefully Dale Jr. will finish 1st in his new #88 AMP Energy Drink and National Guard ride. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Good morning all and here's to a new week. The coffee is on and you won't believe it but I'm havin' yogurt with fruit this morning as it's time to get back in shape again for this spring. I didn't actually put on to much weight this winter but I'd like to firm up a bit as this year I'll be 50 years young and I still want to look good in my bathing suit :D . Anyway, I hope everyone has a good day and enjoys a favorite as well....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Good morning all and Happy Tuesday. The coffee is on and it looks to be bagels on this morning's breakfast menu. Just as yesterday, I'm sending out reminder emails / PMs to our sponsors of the Quad State Herf III so we can have this year's event be top knotch. It's so much easier to have everything here a few days early so we know that there are enough door prizes for everyone, cigars for goodie bags and to get a good idea of the grand prizes for the raffles. I did talk with a few of you yesterday and I know that there will be a few mystery guests attend this year. I don't want to post their names as of yet until they confirm positively. Anyway, with a couple of meetings to attend and my regular work along with all of this, the day should fly by and I'll be home before I know it. Have a great day everyone and don't work to hard........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Anthony (tony-ny), PM comin' your way brother!!!

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. We had our Adverse Weather Condition Conference Call this morning since it snowed last night and then switched to freezing rain on top of that. We have a "Code Red" until 1200 then "Code White" for the remainder of the day. Here is a link to our Local Road Conditions and Employee Work Status at the Military Academy along with an explanation of the Color Codes:

USMA Snow Policy (Non-emergency positions)

"WEST POINT IS CODE WHITE UNTIL (stated time, or, all day)." The West Point Snow Policy is in effect until the stated time, or all day. Employees, who might be prevented from reporting to work, should be granted annual leave, accrued compensatory time or LWOP if they prefer. Employees still need to contact their supervisor for approval. Specific procedures for requesting leave in these circumstances are at the discretion of each activity.

"WEST POINT IS CODE RED UNTIL (slated time)" Employees should not report until the announcement time. Supervisors will excuse absences without charge to leave for all employees affected whether or not leave was previously approved. Employees who do not report for work by the announced time will be charged leave for the remainder of their absence if it was properly requested and approved.

http://cgi.usma.edu/WeatherConditions/

So, I'll be hangin' out at the house till around noon and then I'll head into work and most likely stay a few hours past 1630 (4:30pm) which of course is OT :D . I hope everyone has a great Hump Day and you enjoy it as well........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Good morning everyone, the joe is brewin' and it's colder than ever outside again. Hopefully I can stay in the office most of the morning and not have to run around on West Point from meeting to meeting until it warms up a bit. Days like this is when i wished I was living back down in Sunny Central Florida (Sanford). Anyway, since today is Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening enjoy fine cigars and exchanging good fishing stories and all. We do have some logistical items that we will be getting done this evening with a couple of vendors in preperation of next Saturday's Quad State Herf III. Since our normal get together evening is Thursdays, why not schedule them and knock out two birds with one stone. Anyway, I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Good morning everyone and TGIF!!! We had a very busy week up here at the United States Military Academy with one meeting after the next and today there is no relaxing either. I just know one thing is that after we get out of work today, we have a nice 3 day weekend celibrating President's Day. Well, we had another great evening last night at Schlesinger's smoking premium sticks and talkin' big smack. For all you racing fans, this is a big NASCAR weekend with the conclusion Sunday hosting the Daytona 500. I'm a big Dale Earnhardt Jr. fan and he's already won the Bud Shootout last Saturday and won his Gatorade 150 yesterday and it would be great to see him in the winner's circle on Sunday as well. Anyway, I hope all of you have a super weekend and enjoy a few of your favorites....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Oh yeah, the coffee is on and we're 8 days from the Quad State Herf III.

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. I'm not sure as to what's for breakfast as of yet but Scott1966 suggested a few tastey treats as we just communicated a few minutes ago. Well, today is gonna be both busy then hopefully relaxing as well. I've got to meet the tent guys over at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar around 1100 to show them where to place the 20' x 40' party tent as we know that 100 guests will be tight in the bar and a lot of folks will want to move around. We have all the needed items already for it, i.e., lighting, heaters, ect. It's an inclosed tent with thick clear plastic siding, the kinds that you see at wedding and such.

Then this afternoon, I plan on watching some more NASCAR racing with the Nationwide (use to be called the Busch Series) Series racing at noon. Anyway, I hope veryone has a great day and snokes a favorite or two if you get the chance....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

To keep the count down going, we'll be Herfin' next Saturday!!!!

Good morning all, the joe is brewin' and I'm thinkin' about making blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Later on today is the biggest race of the NASCAR season, the Daytona 500. I've got to run into the office at West Point and get a few things done but I'll be home in plenty of time to catch the pre-show and all. I'll be cheering on my favorite driver, Dale Earnhardt Jr. in his new #88 AMP Energy Drink / National Guard ride. It should be a great race as this year is the 50th running of the 500 and all the racers want to make history. Well, enough about that, some updated information about next Saturday's Quad State Herf III. The Fest Tent is all lined up, we're checkin' out all the heaters and lights to ensure that they are working properly and we're counting our blessings that we have a nice day for it. I just checked the 7 day forcast at www.noaa.com and they are saying that we are projected for partly sunny day with temps in the upper 30s:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?C...Field2=-74.0489

We all know how them weather guessers are but either way, rain or shine, this event is going off. So, I hope everyone has a super Sunday and you enjoy the Great race and a few of your favorites as well....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Oh yeah, 6 days till we are Herfin'!!!!

Good morning all and Happy President's Day. The coffee is on and I'll probably fry up some bacon and flip a couple of eggs for Beth and I. Not sure what we are doing as of yet since we're off today but it is raining out right now so there won't be any outside cigar smoking. I might stop down to Schlesinger's Cigar bar later to smoke a stogie but that all depends on what our plans are. I hope everyone has a great day especially if your off for the holiday an you get to smoke a favorite cigar when you get the time........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

5 days till the Quad State Herf III

Good morning all and of course, the coffee is on. It was a super three day weekend filled with NASCAR which proved to be that this year will be a great racing season. I also got a lot done logistically wise for this saturday's Quad State Herf III. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we have some half decent weather for the Herf but rain or shine / snow, this event is gonna be a great time to be had by all. I hope all of you have a great week and you get to enjoy a couple of your favorites....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Oh yeah, we're down to 4 days until it's party time!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.