• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Guilty as charged...

My wife thought I was crazy, but I couldn't pass these up on a recent trip south of the border. For about $10 I think they'll look good on a shelf in the cigar room.

Anyone else buy these just because?

20120710100538.jpg

Did you tell the peddler that you knew they were fake, but was buying just because?

Did you tell the peddler that you knew they were fake, but was buying just because?

No, I just kept walking as he kept lowering his price. Finally I turned around and said, "Here's what I've got (it was $11 and change)." He said it was not enough, I started walking again, and he said "ok."

My wife rolled her eyes. She knew they were fake and thought it was a silly waste of money. I told her that these aren't just fakes, they are iconic fakes! :cool:

I bought a fake Cohiba single when I was in the Bahamas just for the heck of it. Smoked it on the beach, it wasn't half bad. I would have said it was well worth the $5 I paid for it, but now that I know I could have had 5 of them for twice the price, I think I may have been ripped off. :D

Glad you're happy with the purchase. Personally I wouldn't buy fakes even for a decoration. Don't want to encourage the behavior or give my money to those that profit off those that do not know.

Glad you're happy with the purchase. Personally I wouldn't buy fakes even for a decoration. Don't want to encourage the behavior or give my money to those that profit off those that do not know.

JFC where did you come from? Also.... I have so many fakes I could make enough to buy a house selling them on OLH

JFC where did you come from? Also.... I have so many fakes I could make enough to buy a house selling them on OLH

Sheesh then start selling it's not as if that tool who runs the scumbag list will put you on it!! :D

I think it's cool, Mike! I would have bought one of those too, just for shits and giggles.
It'll go right next to my fake Cohiba ashtray, fake Burberry wallet, fake switchblades and my wifes fake boobs. :laugh:

I did the same thing when I was in Mexico this past October just to them plus the box i got was solid wood with 10 robusto size in the box. They were pretty good for a $1 a piece.

I'd get one for $10 just for a display / conversation starter, too.

I wouldn't smoke it. For all you know, it could be full of rat shit and pubic hair.

Anyone else buy these just because?

no...i am sorry if this ticks anybody...but i would NEVER knowingly buy fakes.

derrek

+1

Not unlike buying fake Rolex's, Gucci wallets, homemade DVD movies, etc., anyone buying those cigars as a "curiosity" or "conversation piece" needs a better hobby. :sign:

...then again - most in that category I'm sure still find Pokemon cool. :rolleyes: