• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Guns

Are ya reloading for this thing? I've been thinking about this and was looking for a recipe for good sub rounds. Just curious.

Floyd T
Floyd, I have not personally, though I know guys that do. WW296 and H110 seem to be the go to powder for this one. Same as my .44 Mag, interestingly enough.

That's a gorgeous 700.

Here's ours, this is actually my son's hunting rifle so set up for practicality rather than aesthetics. There are presently three rounds missing from the ammo holder, and three fewer deer walking around. The kid's a good shot. That's my sportarized 03A3 in the background, action on that thing is like butter.

20181008_170422.jpg

Floyd, I have not personally, though I know guys that do. WW296 and H110 seem to be the go to powder for this one. Same as my .44 Mag, interestingly enough.

I found this 300 Blk Out Test Loads while searching the net. I have the bullets and brass. I'm gonna try using Winchester Small Rifle Primers. I've read where they should work since I'll be using a smaller charge than the supersonic loads (9 to 9.5 grains of H110). When I get them up and running, I'll let ya know how they do. In the mean time, I'm going to continue to look for WSRM Primers(or the like).

Hav fun. That looks like a cool set up.

Floyd T

Had some fun with this this weekend. Remington 700 in .223. Shot a 1 pound tannerite bomb at 300 yards and blew up a wood pile.:)

View attachment 39798

Shooting tanneries is fun! We usually blast it about 100 yards away. My back yard is short and the pasture to the south is not mine. Either way, it's still fun!

Floyd T

Are ya reloading for this thing? I've been thinking about this and was looking for a recipe for good sub rounds. Just curious.

Floyd T
I've never reloaded any sub-sonic rounds so sorry I can't help you there.

Ray, I’ll post my recipe when we load them. I’m going to follow a load I found in a shooter forum. Looking for just an accurate round to about 75 yards. I’ll keep y’all posted.

Floyd T

Reactions: AVB
That's a gorgeous 700.

Here's ours, this is actually my son's hunting rifle so set up for practicality rather than aesthetics. There are presently three rounds missing from the ammo holder, and three fewer deer walking around. The kid's a good shot. That's my sportarized 03A3 in the background, action on that thing is like butter.

View attachment 39806
Thank you!

Ray, I’ll post my recipe when we load them. I’m going to follow a load I found in a shooter forum. Looking for just an accurate round to about 75 yards. I’ll keep y’all posted.

Floyd T
Floyd - one issue I'm reading about is getting the heavy bullet to stabilize properly at low velocities. Keyholing the target, etc. You're plenty smart enough to know about this, just a heads up that heavy 300BLK rounds at low velocity are problematic in some cases. I'm sure it's got a lot to do with the barrel, etc. Which is why I went with a 10.5" barrel for my 300BLK.

Best regards, my friend - B.B.S.

Agreed. I went with a 16”, instead of shorter. Just a bit more length to help. The length may also push up the speeds too. We’ll see. Good article said to shoot paper at about 25 yards. That should tell ya if yer stable. I also have a few 200 grain bullets to try. I’m trying to stay away from the 230’s.

Floyd At

1:8 twist seems to be borderline for stability in heavier subs. It’s hard to find a 1:7 at a reasonable price.

I've read of people loading them boat tail forward.
Since they are subsonic, the mass upfront stabilizes better than having the mass out back like a traditional bullet.

Last thing I'll say, I swear! If it's ever been dropped(jarred) it's possible it'll be a bit out of sync. At that point, get a bottle of good liquor, an Opus A, and start a list of numbers tried.(do this only if the company has given you the combo and it DOESN'T work). It could be a number or two off either before or after one or more of the numbers. Yea, this would really suck! We had a customer have this happen and the company gave him an 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper with possible combos. Pretty funny (to e) since I wasn't;tt he one having to deal with it.

Again, good luck to ya!

Floyd T
Finally got around to calling a locksmith. Quoted me $250 an hour, 3 hour job, 1 hour drive, and $300 dial. Fuck

Last edited:
Finally got around to calling a locksmith. Quoted me $250 an hour, 3 hour job, 1 hour drive, and $300 dial. Fuck
You can never find a good old-fashioned Safecracker when you need one!

Floyd is right especially if you spin the dial alot. I moved 2 numbers on my ammo safe. As for your locksmith that is way out of line. You can buy a dial for half that price and if he was any good it wouldn't take 3 hours.

Floyd is right especially if you spin the dial alot. I moved 2 numbers on my ammo safe. As for your locksmith that is way out of line. You can buy a dial for half that price and if he was any good it wouldn't take 3 hours.
I kind of figured, but unfortunately only locksmith in town.