• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Guns

To get back on track. Just after Thanksgiving I had my FN-FNP case on the top of the cabinet in the basement. I wanted to get it out because I was going to the gunsmith to have a fiber optic front sight put on and didn't want to use my range bag. Well it slipped out of my hand and fell the 7 feet to the concrete floor.....on the corner of course and that was all she wrote. So I went looking on ebay to see what I could find as a replacement and found this SBK case for $16 delivered (actually I bought a pair for $32). After some elbow grease and acetone it cleaned up pretty well. I also got some new foam and a decal. I finally got the sight put on today.
The outside:
FN Outside.jpg

The inside: The top foam is original and is squishy enough I can keep my Alien Gear holster in the case too.
FN Inside.jpg

And the new sight:
FN Sight.jpg

This is a big gun and I don't try to carry it unless I'll be in my heaviest winter jacket even at my size. However, even loaded with the full compliment of 15 rounds of 230gr 45 ACP it weighs less than my STI with 7 rounds. Mostly a range toy but sometimes I'll rotate it into the house defense or in a tactical leg holster if I'm out in the woods.

To get back on track. Just after Thanksgiving I had my FN-FNP case on the top of the cabinet in the basement. I wanted to get it out because I was going to the gunsmith to have a fiber optic front sight put on and didn't want to use my range bag. Well it slipped out of my hand and fell the 7 feet to the concrete floor.....on the corner of course and that was all she wrote. So I went looking on ebay to see what I could find as a replacement and found this SBK case for $16 delivered (actually I bought a pair for $32). After some elbow grease and acetone it cleaned up pretty well. I also got some new foam and a decal. I finally got the sight put on today.
The outside:
View attachment 24344

The inside: The top foam is original and is squishy enough I can keep my Alien Gear holster in the case too.
View attachment 24345

And the new sight:
View attachment 24346

This is a big gun and I don't try to carry it unless I'll be in my heaviest winter jacket even at my size. However, even loaded with the full compliment of 15 rounds of 230gr 45 ACP it weighs less than my STI with 7 rounds. Mostly a range toy but sometimes I'll rotate it into the house defense or in a tactical leg holster if I'm out in the woods.

Ever tried appendix in the waistband?
You could damn near carry a Desert Eagle like that and not show.

I can't carry appendix due to my gut lol. I use an alien gear shapeshifter holster kit. I use the appendix set up but carry it at 4 o'clock. Found this set up is most comfortable.

I don't know about you guys but I've always been super uncomfortable carrying anywhere from 10 to 2. The fact that it's pointing anywhere near my junk is unsettling.

I don't know about you guys but I've always been super uncomfortable carrying anywhere from 10 to 2. The fact that it's pointing anywhere near my junk is unsettling.

Haha, I dress left because there's a gun bbl on the right.

I can't carry appendix due to my gut lol. I use an alien gear shapeshifter holster kit. I use the appendix set up but carry it at 4 o'clock. Found this set up is most comfortable.

The gut actually helps. Believe it or not. ?

Haha, I dress left because there's a gun bbl on the right.

The gut actually helps. Believe it or not. ?
Also not to comfortable with it that close to my junk also and pointing at my Femoral artery

You've never had an accidental discharge?

Much like plume, there's no such thing. However, negligent discharge is a real thing, and involves a trigger pull. I've neither "accidentally" nor negligently discharged a firearm.

I see they are dumping their FN's for Glocks...so it would appear I've already made the better choice. ?

I get it, any mechanical item can fail. Luckily the Glock doesn't preload the striker until the trigger is pulled. So even if the internals failed it wouldn't fire. As long as I keep the trigger shielded in a holster, which I do, it cannot fire. Something or someone has to be pulling the trigger.

As long as you carry, I don't care how or where. As long as you can reach it and feel safe, that is all that matters. Same with brands of guns. It's fun to bust balls, but we are all on the same side. So like what you shoot and shoot what you like

The danger isn't in simply having the firearm in a holster, zero issues there. The "negligence" occurs when having to quick draw in a situation where adrenaline is through the roof and a perps hands may be on you.

The danger isn't in simply having the firearm in a holster, zero issues there. The "negligence" occurs when having to quick draw in a situation where adrenaline is through the roof and a perps hands may be on you.

Definitely need to train for it.
Also, if they get that close I'm reaching for the fixed blade not the pistol.

Well, I don't know about you but I didn't get anything that went bang for Christmas but I did order some parts, a few of which were on backorder until last week. They finally arrived and I went about putting together a new upper for my 40 cal 1911 only in 9mm. This is my first 9mm since Uncle foisted that crap Beretta M9 (really a Beretta 92FS) on me back in '90. Not surprisingly the M9 had the lowest levels of soldier confidence in reliability and durability of any issued weapon since WWII. Now, with a little luck and some tuning I'll have a superior platform and be able to practice with cheap ammo that more closely replicates firing a 45 - at least more so than my 1911-22LR.

Since the original pistol was an RIA I used RIA parts to build the upper figuring that it would cut down on most fitment issues. Still had to do some work on the slide but it is as tight as my STI now. Fit the frame even better than the factory 40 slide did. Being that I'm a cheap bastard that is a discontinued slide but did splurge for an adjustable rear sight. Got the whole thing done for about $250 if you want to do one yourself.

Rock 9 1.jpg

Rock 9 2.jpgNext is off to the range tomorrow to see if I'll shoot my eye out.