• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Guns

Don't they make a pill to prevent that?

A guy I used to work with back in the 90's said a dab of coke on the tip would prevent it. But he was also the type that would say he could shoot wings of a fly at 1k with a BB gun.

A guy I used to work with back in the 90's said a dab of coke on the tip would prevent it. But he was also the type that would say he could shoot wings of a fly at 1k with a BB gun.

I'd think that a dab on the tip would prevent more than just "accidental discharge" haha

New daily carry, Sig Sauer P365. 12+1 of 9mm in a pocket sized pistol.

DkNmj5m.jpg

Well I did make it to the range and I didn't shoot my eye out. In fact I only shot 10 rounds. My extractor wasn't extracting and rather than take everything apart on a wood bench with snow on it (it is an outdoor range) I decided to go home and work on it. 2nd try resulted in 3 or 4 rounds fired before failure so back home i went. Try #3 let me do 7 magazines of 9 rounds without failure so I think I've go it. Now I need more 9mm ammo since I ran out. Went with a case of Speer Lawman 115 to start with. $180 delivered with a $20 rebate. A little hotter than most but certainly not +P it's not the aboslute cheapest I've seen but I can live with 16 cents a round.

If you remember a couple of pages back I posted a pic of the case I did for my FN-FNP. I said I had bought two cases and here is the second one I made to hold the 40 cal and 9mm upper I built.

Casesm.jpg

Yep, bottom of page 7. If you were wondering the other 4 mags (the 40's at the moment) are in the bottom layer of foam under the right side, that way everything is in one case.

Any fellow fat guys here that appendix carry? I’m looking to switch from my band holster because it gets really hot when worn for extended periods but my freedom carry and alien gear holsters are really uncomfortable in appendix because it sits too high (that’s why I switched the band holster because I can wear it lower to avoid printing.) Looking for some recommendations.

Any fellow fat guys here that appendix carry? I’m looking to switch from my band holster because it gets really hot when worn for extended periods but my freedom carry and alien gear holsters are really uncomfortable in appendix because it sits too high (that’s why I switched the band holster because I can wear it lower to avoid printing.) Looking for some recommendations.

Sticky holster.
All day everyday.

Sticky holster.
All day everyday.
I’ve heard a lot about them. I’ll check them out. My original issue with them was that everyone said it was nearly impossible to reholster without taking your belt off. But I quickly learned that is that same situation for the band

I’ve heard a lot about them. I’ll check them out. My original issue with them was that everyone said it was nearly impossible to reholster without taking your belt off. But I quickly learned that is that same situation for the band

If I got to draw it out, I'm sure not worried about putting it back. That being said, it's not bad. You pull the holster, sleeve the pistol, and then out the whole thing back where you wear it.

I did a class with it. It was a bit tedious reholstering after each drill, but I proved to myself it was quick enough for what I needed.

If I got to draw it out, I'm sure not worried about putting it back. That being said, it's not bad. You pull the holster, sleeve the pistol, and then out the whole thing back where you wear it.

I did a class with it. It was a bit tedious reholstering after each drill, but I proved to myself it was quick enough for what I needed.
I was thinking less about reholstering after actually needing to use it versus taking it off when I go to the bank etc. I’m sure anything can be done if you practice enough

I was thinking less about reholstering after actually needing to use it versus taking it off when I go to the bank etc. I’m sure anything can be done if you practice enough

Dunno why you'd take it off for the bank, but it is quick to remove/replace, since it's a friction fit between your skin and waistband.

Seconded for Sticky holster. I am a fat guy and its what I use. When I take my gun off I pull the holster out also, but that's only when I am at home. I have two guns that I actually pocket carry with a sticky holster. It's a pain because that's normally the pocket for my cell phone but whatever. I find pocket carrying easier for me as a fat guy but certainly not something you can do with most firearms. Sig 938 and Ruger LCP custom are the two I do it with. I will say the LCP is garbage and I have really stopped carrying it unless I am wearing sport shorts or something where weight and size matters most.