• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

GVRAT contest

You know now that I asked this question I am actually pretty curious how many miles I actually walk / run a day. I usually do 2 miles a day on the treadmill and walk another mile by walking the dog etc etc. But I would have to have the cell phone on me at all times to actually register the correct mileage I do have the iwatch but almost never wear it maybe should rethink that

You know now that I asked this question I am actually pretty curious how many miles I actually walk / run a day. I usually do 2 miles a day on the treadmill and walk another mile by walking the dog etc etc. But I would have to have the cell phone on me at all times to actually register the correct mileage I do have the iwatch but almost never wear it maybe should rethink that

I pretty much have my phone in my pocket all the time. I don't have an iWatch or FitBit, or anything, but might do so for this.

I have a Samsung smartwatch, I forget the model, I usually wear it because I don't l like my phone in my pocket all the time at work and can check messages while I'm anywhere in the lab. So I have a general idea of how many steps I walk, I use the Strava app on it to record the runs so I know how much to log on a given day.

All right, gents (@Smokin'Sims @CigSid), we are three days away. Y'all still in? I wish we were already counting miles, as I've been hitting my daily requirements for this thing. Reminds me of Zero Week in Basic Training -- we arrived on a Wednesday and spent the next few days inprocessing and stuff before BMT actually "started" on the following Monday. All that yelling and pain didn't even count for anything...

1619634773366.png

I'm still in for it. Although I'm like going to start by resting. The month of April is killing me in the SwissAlps run. Letting myself heal a week before starting the GVRAT is a good idea.

Best of luck gentleman. I’ll be saying a prayer for your well being.

Attachments

• 395598FC-BE2B-4332-89F0-26571181FF4B.jpeg
    395598FC-BE2B-4332-89F0-26571181FF4B.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 0
I did the math, I would need to walk from my desk to my couch or mailbox 1056 times per day.

my kid asking me to get her something from the kitchen the very second I sit down would
Subtract about 200 trips from that.

Will be watching you guys from the sidelines!! Get some!!

I'm not sure I could do this on my bike.... let alone running/walking

So, what's the deal with the yellow gates?

I'll say member Kann is still kicking my ass. I was lazy in May, but am waking the running beast now. Hope I catch him by the end of August..

Ha! Just saw this. I'm sure you'll have no problem leaving member Kann's member in the dust (if you haven't already by the time I'm writing this). I haven't checked on you in a minute -- where are you at right now? I'm hoping to break 250 miles tomorrow, but we'll see.

Ha! Just saw this. I'm sure you'll have no problem leaving member Kann's member in the dust (if you haven't already by the time I'm writing this). I haven't checked on you in a minute -- where are you at right now? I'm hoping to break 250 miles tomorrow, but we'll see.
Quite far behind, but the current goal is 50 miles a week. I would really like to be done by mid August. Specifically incase I break myself on the SwissAlps 50km race. I will push to the breaking point to finish that SOB, so there is a real chance I won't finish this one this year.

I'll say member Kann is still kicking my ass. I was lazy in May, but am waking the running beast now. Hope I catch him by the end of August..
He is kicking mine as well... I forgot to post about 25 miles, then work took over and boom... no more time 😞

Go get him James!

Last edited:
I'm yielding to Herr Kann in this. I procrastinated way too long in this race to win/finish. I'll ship his end and Bill's (when he finishes). I'm resting from a fall I took on my Mississippi Ultramarathon (ran on Saturday July 31 and is still swollen Aug 5) to prep for the SwissAlps 100 50km race in about 2 weeks. Honestly, I'm more than happy and proud of Kann for sticking with it and busting his ass to finish. I'll hang my head in a slight shame but be super happy for him, and Bill should he go ape shit and finish.

Thanks, James. I'm not quite there, yet, though. I'm closing in on the final hundred miles (I should cross that threshold by Saturday's update), and have a few days' worth in the bank should I need it. I'm not counting Bill out, though -- he could still blow by me with some steady running. Hope the leg is better by the SA50!