• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Had a little fun last week

Gonz

Ultra Runner
I finally got the chance to use our truck for what it was intended, and it was a blast! Having just moved to Montrose, CO, we're in one of the 4wd off-road meccas! Last week myself and the kids drove over to Telluride, but took an easy 4wd road over the mountains instead. The kids had a blast, and the truck was happy to get a little dirty and do some rock crawling.

Anyone else here ever get to have some 4WD fun?

Lastdollarrd1.jpg

Lastdollarrd2.jpg

Lastdollarrd3.jpg

oh ya...i try to find the logging and fire roads near my in-law house in NH. lots of fun...got into a few feet of mud my last outing, but no camera with me...here is a pic of me and the FJ at the end of a dirt road in the woods. i agree..it is tons if fun when you have a vehicle made for this sorta thing.
103612797-M.jpg

oh ya...i try to find the logging and fire roads near my in-law house in NH. lots of fun...got into a few feet of mud my last outing, but no camera with me...here is a pic of me and the FJ at the end of a dirt road in the woods. i agree..it is tons if fun when you have a vehicle made for this sorta thing.
103612797-M.jpg

dude I was this close ( |-| ) :p to buying an FJ when I went looking for my jeep. If it was a little older and I could get one used for about 10k under what they wanted, I would have jumped on it in a heartbeat. What a freakin awesome car. Straight shift or automatic?

BTW just bought an 05 Jeep Wrangler Rocky Mt. Edition. Actually plan on taking it off road for the first time this weekend.

Auto transmission, locking diffs and all that...i wish i had gotten the BFG tires though...the dunlops are great on pavement, but in the mud the BFG's are better. Thanks for the compliment, i put a bug guard on it and some PIAA lights on the bumper.

Although I'm not that great yet on knowing when to lock the diffs, one thing that's great about the G-wagon is that I can lock either the front, the back, or all four wheels with the push of a button on the fly!

Although I'm not that great yet on knowing when to lock the diffs, one thing that's great about the G-wagon is that I can lock either the front, the back, or all four wheels with the push of a button on the fly!

Typically you need the lockers when you are riding a hill perpendicular to the slope. The locker forces the truck to drive straight, so hard turns are not a good idea. I have a similar system, with a switch in the cab. Take a look in your manual, as each system is a little different, I would imagine Benz is very similar to my Yota. Keep the pics coming Andy, that is some beautiful country out there.
Rob

Looks like fun:
standard.jpg

Seems like fun...
standard.jpg

Until you don't quite get lined up perfectly centered...
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Other than a broken mirror, no harm was done...

After the morning run, we headed back to camp for some R&R...except for this group of guys. They trailered a broken Jeep out to the campsite so they would have something to do...While most of us ate lunch, had a few beers and smoked cigars, these guys swapped out a transfer case.

standard.jpg

This used to be the thing to do back in High School. We all did it. Great times. I've taken my Chevy Blazer off a couple of times. Not too much though. Next time we go camping I'll get a shot or two.

oh HELL yea... my best was my brother and I drove the Rubicon Trail in 1981, a time when you said Jeepers Jamboree, it meant only ONE trail and time. I have pics somewhere, and it was a BLAST.

I'm still looking for the pics of my '72 CJ5 with a corvette LT-1 350 in it... needless to say we had some great off road adventures. Somewhere in that pile of photos is me and the Jeep parked on a glacier here in AK! :cool:

We used to take my buddy's Jeep out in high school. Haven't done it in a long time. It was always a blast, though.

I like my off road adventures to be of the ATV variety now.

BTW, I thought you kidnapped my little boy for a minute. The pic looks just like him! :laugh:

Glad you're enjoying your new digs. :)

This is my brother's '50 Willy's CJ3-A that he rebuilt and modded the hell out of (his father in law actually gave it the Dukes of Hazard paint job). He travels all over the country for competitions in this and his other couple Jeeps he has. It's an absolute blast to go rock crawling or mud bogging in them.

coreyjeep.jpg

Everyday I spend most of time in the woods I have a mitubishi pajero 2.8 liter turbo diesil and there isn't much it cant handle. It has the whole 4wd kit locking diffs tilt alarm it has done me right for the last 5 years. I have manged to get it stuck pretty good a few times but I drag trees ,rocks dead animals with it. I have even backed it into a river to snatch a stuck canoe out.

Used to love doing this.

But when you are into it full force it can get pretty expensive.

I love it, if I didn't have to pay the repair bills.

For now I will sit on the sidelines and watch.

mmmm....4 wheelin fun. Here are a few of mine. (notice the truck has evolved over time)

977893784_l.jpg

holiday%20run%20011.jpg

Anthony1b.JPG

Awesome pics guys!!!
Hopefully soon, I can find a little mud in the next week or so... I just ordered these tires for my Dakota on Saturday!!! :thumbs:
Kumho Road Venture MT KL71 (32x11.50x15)
ku_rd_venture_mt_kl71_ci3_l.jpg

ku_rd_venture_mt_kl71_ci2_l.jpg

ku_rd_venture_mt_kl71_ci1_l.jpg

trans.gif

trans.gif

Ah, those are re-designed Kumho roadventure MT's. Nice!

I have a set of these being delivered tomorrow in 33x11.5-16 (I can't wait... as they are less agressive tread, and hopefully a bit more road-friendly than my current tires)

crusher.jpg

Here's a link to an album I created over at the MB forum. These are all pics I took yesterday with the boys heading over to Telluride via Last Dollar Road, then coming home via Imogene Pass. Last Dollar Road is a really easy 4wd road, high clearance isn't even needed, however Imogene Pass is quite the opposite, with some serious steps, river crossings (I failed to get any pics of those), and obstacle negotiating. The pics don't really do justice to some of the steps we went up and down. It was a ton of fun, and an impressive display to me of what my stock truck can do!

imogene11.jpg

Man, I go off-roading all the TIME in this beast of a machine right cheer:

car3.JPG