• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy 58th Birthday Gary ( Ironpeddler )

Happy birthday Uncle G! I ordered a Little Rascal scooter for you with chrome wheels and tip assist! Hope you enjoy it!!!

Happy Birthday, friend Gary. A great cigar or two, and an ample splash of a great single malt should help ease the "holy crap I'm getting old" paranoia..... :p

BS aside, I hope you have a great day......B.B.S>

Wow, sorry I'm late. Hope you had as good of a day as an old bastid can have! :whistling:

Hey guys, thanks for all the well wishes and thanks Shaun for starting the thread. You know, the older you get, the easier it is to forget your birthday is coming up. But truth be told, since joining CP, it's taken on a new meaning. The posts in this thread, the text messages and phone calls are incredible...I truly have made a great many friendships here.

One funny thing happened though. As we all know, usually Charlie starts these threads because he's up at the crack of dawn for work and he's turned the birthday threads started by him somewhat of a tradition around here. Well, yesterday my phone rings first thing in the morning and who is it?...Charlie. Being Italian, when the phone rings really late or very early, you think something is wrong...but with Charlie, no. It was him wishing me a happy birthday while him & Beth are in Florida getting ready to board a cruise ship for a vacation going through the Panama Canal! Gotta love the guy :love:

Had a great day with a steak dinner with my kids which is always special as they are now getting older and out doing their own thing. As for cigars, I smoked 3 cigars given to me by cigar brothers throughout the day and it started with a Buena Vista that Jason (Backslide) sent to me and it was great! Thank you bro, I saved it for this day you weren't kidding about them...and now I have to start the hunt for more. I moved on to a Cohiba lancero I got in a Pass a while back and that turned out to be my best Cohiba experience ever. I closed out the evening with an 12yo Graycliff torpedo from the restaurant in the Bahamas that my buddy Bruce gave me...12 years ago...and it was unbelievably fantastic! Mixed in there throughout the day were a few drams of Havana Club (God I love that stuff), Highland Park 18 (one of my favorite scotches), and some very nice Hine cognac given to me by Seth over at Shopper's Vineyard.

All in all, another birthday to remember. Thanks to everyone here for making my birthday special once again :thumbs:

Sounds like there's love all around you Gary!

Although.... having a little Rascal scooter could allow for a longer smoking and drinking session in the future. Can you get a ticket for being wasted on one of those? :laugh:

Thanks a lot for the best wishes guys...but I had to come back because this was the birthday that just wouldn't end! :laugh:

On Friday afternoon my son Anthony comes home from class and says he wants to take me to a movie and grab a couple of beers afterwards as his birthday present to me...just a mellow guys night out. That sounded cool as my girlfriend had a big meeting up North in the late afternoon and wouldn't get home until after 8pm, so we decided go to see 'Taken 2' (which sucked in our opinion) at a 5 o'clock showing. We load up with the obligatory sodas, popcorn, and assorted theater candy to make the experience complete. After the movie as we're leaving to head back to the car he says to me..."how about we get some thai takeout from the new Thai restaurant that just opened up instead of going to the bar?" I said that was a great idea as I wasn't really in a beer drinking mood. So we head back to our place to meet my daughter Erika who was just getting off of work at the same time we would be arriving home. We pull in the driveway and she was already there sitting on my front porch waited for us to get home. After a big hug, Anthony unlocks the front door and we head into the house.

As I get to the kitchen to flick on the light I hear a very loud "SURPRISE!" as all the light goes on and there in my kitchen are 25+ people standing there with cameras aimed at me flashing away!...including my girlfriend Cynthia. I was totally shocked and surprised to say the least...I didn't have even the slightest hint something was going on behind my back. My two kids had planned this party for weeks so a bunch of my family & close friends could make it on a Friday night, the day after my birthday! I stumbled around in shock as I thanked each person for coming for a good 15 to 20 minutes before I got a grip. They catered the whole thing from my favorite Italian deli and we partied until 2 in the morning...eating some really great food, drinking single malt scotches & beer, pounding a few shots, smoking cigars, and laughing our asses off...what a great night for a very lucky guy!

Another really cool thing is that some of my friends traveled a good ways to get here and are staying at my house until Monday...so we got to party today as well and will be spending our weekly Football Sunday Eating Extravaganza together. :cool:

I still can't believe this all came down as I'm writing this....

Very cool Gary and props to your kids and girl for pulling a fast one on yea. There is no better feeling then being completely blindsided by a surprise or being the one that pulled off the surprise!

Happy Birthday again brother and thanks for sharing that story,
Paul

Happy 40th anniversary of your 18th Birthday brother. :thumbs:

Gary, my first post looks like it didn't upload, sorry. Again, Happy Birthday young man. Glad you had a great day. We just might see you soon brother, still figuring it out with Isy.

I must have been sleeping......

I hope you had a great day!

Your simply the best!