• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

Went for a nice hike with my wife, sister and niece yesterday while my son and my nieces husband skied the same mountain we hiked. We went up the back side of Stratton Mountain on the Vermont portion of the Appalachian Trail. The hike was 4 miles to the top with an elevation change of 2000 feet. In comparison Mount Washington is also 4 miles but has an elevation change of 4600 feet. Using micro spikes and hiking poles, traction was fine. The real tricky part of this hike was if you stepped off the packed path you sunk upwards of 24” into the snow. As we got up about 2/3rds of the way some of the sunny spots made the path a little soft so it was like playing Russian Roulette with every step. Turned out to be really funny watching/hearing someone break through the path.

There‘s a Fire Watch Tower at the top that was open so of course we had to climb that too. The views were were awesome! Tough to see in the photo but if you blow up the 1st photo you can just make out the top of the ski lifts on Stratton Mountain about 1/2 mile away. The 2nd photo is showing the North Face of Mount Snow in Dover to the south and the 3rd is of Bromley Mountain in Peru to the west.
382627E4-FDB9-4F1C-A33D-53F8B17E7851.jpeg01DAD9D0-F720-4642-81D5-6941F5EE8EC1.jpeg56BBD665-4E68-48A8-9389-292D89E5ABE2.jpeg.

Last edited: