• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

Is that a Browning? Nice piece of wood. You know better than to leave it in the case, right?

Doc

Thanks, American Walnut. It is a Browning 725 and I do keep it in the gun cabinet. Just wanted to make sure it fit in the case since the new stock is bigger than factory. The Browning service center is only about 25 miles from my house so I just take my guns there to be worked on if needed. I'm too old to spend $10+k on a Perazzi or Kreighoff because I'll never put 200,000 rounds through it like some of my friends, plus I'm not that good and won't be in any competitions. I just enjoy shooting at the club. It will be nice to have a fitted stock so it always comes up in the same position. I have arranged to get some lessons from the Lindenwood University coaching staff as I have not had any before and they are a good local resource racking up the wins nationally so perhaps I can periodically score well.

The case thing is interesting you mentioned that, I have an old Perazzi MX3 skeet gun and normally when I would take it out just use a long case. Well, after a few years I opened up the Perazzi take-down case and most of the inside had deteriorated, even the leather wrapped around the wood choke tube cases. Had the gun been inside it would have had nasty little particles of junk everywhere in and on the gun.

Last edited:
I tell unhappy people to tag along with me on my next trip to our VA Medical Center, then I ask them sit in the main hall way while I have my appointment. Then I ask they just look at the Vet's coming, and going. Then tell me how bad their live are. I promise to buy lunch on the way home at my favorite Mexican Resturant. Never had one taker yet.

Thanks, American Walnut. It is a Browning 725 and I do keep it in the gun cabinet. Just wanted to make sure it fit in the case since the new stock is bigger than factory. The Browning service center is only about 25 miles from my house so I just take my guns there to be worked on if needed. I'm too old to spend $10+k on a Perazzi or Kreighoff because I'll never put 200,000 rounds through it like some of my friends, plus I'm not that good and won't be in any competitions. I just enjoy shooting at the club. It will be nice to have a fitted stock so it always comes up in the same position. I have arranged to get some lessons from the Lindenwood University coaching staff as I have not had any before and they are a good local resource racking up the wins nationally so perhaps I can periodically score well.
I own a Perazzi sporting clays model. Hand engraved and signed by the engraver. It cost more than 10K. I use to shoot more than 20,000 rounds a year. You're never too old. I still win shoots and so can you. Lessons will go a long way in making you a better shooter. Just keep the gun moving, miss in front and practice mounting your gun every day.

Doc

Last edited: